Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

I take it that he may not enjoy my Warlock-only legendary Hearthstone account that much.

Also we are all losing mind, hence why I'm giving this account in the first place. Ukrainian whores > HS.

UglyBastard

Arcane
On a related note, I had some really sweet Paladin run yesterday.

TTNia2n.jpg

The deck was certainly interesting:

esalplS.jpg

MCyWzbh.jpg

I was worried about the lacking early game, but I drew really well and the overall card quality (especially of the 12! 4drops) carried me.
Echoing Ooze was one of the MVPs, the Ooze + Blessing of Kings combo alone won me like 3-4 games. Once a Druid even recycled it only to come back with another Kings.
Deathwing was pretty sick as well, I won 3 of the 4 games where I played him and the one I lost was VERY close (was actually my second game)
The overall value of the Truesilvers, Kings and Consecrations contributed much as well.
I also managed to get the good old Kings + Blessed Champion combo off.

Was a fun run.

Rewards were 400 gold, a golden Headcrack (zzz) and a pack. Got Mogor the Ogre from the pack.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Had a mage draft where I got Foe Reaper (over Toshley and Majordomo), Antonidas (over Sneed's and... can't remember but picking Toshley to go with him would have been nice), and Kel'Thuzad (over Mukla and some trash I can't remember). Nesinwary was one of the other choices for last two. Of course I suck and will still probably win only 5 games. Oh, I also have pyroblast.

Grubba

Arcane
Had a mage draft where I got Foe Reaper (over Toshley and Majordomo), Antonidas (over Sneed's and... can't remember but picking Toshley to go with him would have been nice), and Kel'Thuzad (over Mukla and some trash I can't remember). Nesinwary was one of the other choices for last two. Of course I suck and will still probably win only 5 games. Oh, I also have pyroblast.

Wow, three legends in a single arena deck? I think the most I ever got was two, Mogre the Ogre and some other shitty one. In your case, I would have been tempted to go with Sneed's over Antonidas (unless of course you already had a bunch of spells, which is rarely the case for me).

I'm choosing not to partake in any arena for the time being...gotta build up the funds for the next expansion release.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I sort of was tempted by Sneed's but by then I did have a good number of spells. I'm saving most of my gold for the possible expansion but allow myself an arena every week for laughs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Ben Brode recently said on twitter that they'd be repeating Tavern Brawls... not only are the unoriginal but they can't even come up with more than half a dozen unoriginal concepts.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Probably based on public request. :troll:

But I suppose it's to be expected. It's not a game mode that's profitable for them so why would they use too many (any) resources on it?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Each spell summmons a minion with the same mana cost.

I won my pack thanks to a wonderful Unstable portal : Firetongue Totem + Kro'ken Elite, lel.

hivemind

I see.

So I guess it's now 100% confirmed that this mode is just about having a bit of RNG "fun".

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I mean it's not something that would make people pay real money like constructed or even arena. Though I don't know who pays real money for arena, but there must be people.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'm getting blown the fuck out so far. The minions that are spawning for my opponents have been hilarious apt. One was a mana wyrm from mirror images, followed by unstable portal (which spawned a flametongue totem) which drew a Enhance-o-Matic. :lol:

Got an Illidan Stormrage from the pack. Looks cool, but shitty.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
There's literally only Mages and Priests at the moment. And priests kinda have the edge I think. Mindcontrol taking one of your minions and spawning Deathwing or Sea Giant at the same time? GG.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I've yet to see a game even get past turn 5/6. The spells can snowball really hard.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Wow, this Brawl is literally the most unfun bullshit I have ever experienced in Hearthstone (and that's a genuine achievement).

Blizzard's intention is clear though. Despite their game being streamlined for the retarded masses, idiots still miraculously manage to suck at it, so the only responsible thing to do is to remove any resemblance of skill still left in the game in favor of "RNG FUN", reducing the game to a simple coin toss with shiny graphics.

Seriously, FUCK EVERYONE involved with this shitty Brawl mode. They need to be lined up against a wall and shot immediately, that's the only way to salvage this.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty shit. Just did a mage deck (counter spell is the key), conceded early if it was clear I wasn't going to win and eventually got my pack on the fourth game. Won't be playing again.

Somewhat related -- I get the feeling the announcement in a couple of weeks is going to be a tournament mode instead of an expansion.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Still better than Banana Brawl. Learn to think Euros. Also Priest is hilariously OP - good way to farm wins for a quest.

Andhaira

Arcane
I'm getting consisten wins with Paladin. Completed my paladin daily with 5 games quest easily. :lol:

Sword of Justice works beautifully with this brawl, along with Paladin spell cards.

Grinolf

Arcane
I would rank Druid almost the same as Priest, since Innervate is as broken in early game as Mind Control in the late game. Mage also pretty solid with his freeze spells into Blizzard and Flamestrike turn and worm growing out of control if unanswered. Pity that I don't have all Paladin cards to try it. Hunter also lcould be interesting. Didn't met any rogues or warlocks, but that not suprising.
The most RNG part so far were 2 and 6 mana spells as they have a chance to summon Doomsayer and that warlock golem. And if after the first you could still recover, getting the second one is the instant gameover. And wasn't suprisingly uncommon, as I saw 3 enemies getting it: all druids with Starfire, while the chance of it are around 3%.

Carceri

Arcane
I had great success with Rogue in tavern brawl, was around 90% win rate yesterday. Basically you dominate the early game hard with rogue cheap spells(Sap is broken in this game mode) and most games don't go past turn 5-6. It was fun, and I took a lot of pleasure in wrecking all those mages, tee hee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom