Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Grinolf

Arcane
I had great success with Rogue in tavern brawl, was around 90% win rate yesterday. Basically you dominate the early game hard with rogue cheap spells(Sap is broken in this game mode) and most games don't go past turn 5-6. It was fun, and I took a lot of pleasure in wrecking all those mages, tee hee.
Druid could fill up the board at the start just as easily, and it also have a very good early game spells to take advantage of it like Power of the Wild, Savage Roar and Sould of the Forest, and good curve of spells that allow him to support his until the late game, both of which Rogue lacks. And you also have mages that are abble to stall your board in the early game with Frost Nova and Cone of Cold while developing their own minions.
Still it probably doesn't matter, as I tried Paladin despite lacking couple of his epics and still ended up winning majority of the games. Not sure if this mode even gave match-making. So there is no reason to care how optimal yur deck is as long as it works somehow.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Still gotta give it to priest here - even their low end is crazy with Mind Vision simply being "1 mana, draw a card (likely a spell that's also a creature) and summon a creature" and Powerword:Shield is similar in that function. Plus Shadow Word Pain, Velen's, Shadow Madness, etc etc Then of course you get the obscene Mind Control at the end.

Andhaira

Arcane
So there is an unconfirmed 'leak' on the upcoming Argent Tournament and it's patch:

From Hearthpwn

Patch 3.0.1246 - The Argent Crusade Notes:

• Introducing Tournament Mode! Go against players from all over your region to answer your call to arms and win more Blizzcon points by placing top on selected tournaments.
  • The Removal of Casual Mode but don't worry! An all new Tournaments Mode will be waiting for you on August 23rd.
  • Board Customization! Purchase cosmetic board plates to crush your enemies in style!
  • New Cards! This all-new patch brings 63 new cards which will all be acquired through Tournament Mode or by purchasing a new type of pack which includes Classic, Goblins vs Gnomes and the all new Argent Crusade cards for only 150 gold!

• Paladin Hero Sunwalker Dezco is now available for purchase.
  • Rogue Hero Wrathion is now available for purchase.
  • Shaman Hero Drek'thar is now available for purchase.

• You can now choose which pack reward to obtain through the Arena.
  • The Argent Crusade game board has been added exclusively through the Tournament Mode.
Bug Fixes:

• Various cards have been fixed to properly work with Chromaggus.
  • Fixed various graphical and sound bugs.
Obviously it doesn't seem very legit, but some GvG cards that were leaked early, especially the legendary's were thought to be fake as well.

Jozoz

Prophet
I saw that earlier as well.

I wonder how removal of casual mode will work. Are you forced to play Ladder now?

People on hearthpwn has done a lot of datamining before. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

Drek'Thar is a character I remember from WC3, I'm pretty excited to see him although there's no way I'm buying him.

Andhaira

Arcane
I saw that earlier as well.

I wonder how removal of casual mode will work. Are you forced to play Ladder now?

People on hearthpwn has done a lot of datamining before. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

Drek'Thar is a character I remember from WC3, I'm pretty excited to see him although there's no way I'm buying him.

Well it states casual will be released by Argent Tournament

Jozoz

Prophet
But then there isn't really a place where you can test stupid decks.

If you either have to lose a tournament or lose ladder points for trying out weird stuff, then I think people will be very unhappy.

I never play casual games (too many hunters and tempo mages), so I don't mind but I think it's especially bad for new players.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
  • New Cards! This all-new patch brings 63 new cards which will all be acquired through Tournament Mode or by purchasing a new type of pack which includes Classic, Goblins vs Gnomes and the all new Argent Crusade cards for only 150 gold!

This is so hilarious anti-consumer and such a tremendous dick move that only Blizzard would try it (and get away with it) Therefore, I do believe these notes are real.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Yea that shit was the first thing that caught my attention as well.

BUY BOOSTERS THAT CONTAIN 90% DUPLICATES FOR _ONLY_ 150 GOLD!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
"u see ugly, becuz u can buy da cards wit gold, it isn't pay 2 win!11!!!!!11!" - Blizz Defense Force

I mean, technically it still wouldn't be pay to win, but that would make it such that you pretty much need a huge amount of dust or just dumb luck in order to get what you want.

Grubba

Arcane
Just spend the 150 gold on an arena run, get a pack + more, and craft the new cards you want. That, along with other things, point to that leak being a load of crap. Why the hell do people even waste their time concocting that bullshit, and conversely, why give anything like this any attention?

J1M

Arcane
But then there isn't really a place where you can test stupid decks.

If you either have to lose a tournament or lose ladder points for trying out weird stuff, then I think people will be very unhappy.

I never play casual games (too many hunters and tempo mages), so I don't mind but I think it's especially bad for new players.
The problem with casual mode is that it is especially bad for new players. By playing ranked they would at least end up against other new players. By entering casual they end up playing game after game against people with most of the cards trying out new decks.

I agree that there needs to be a "deck testing mode", but it should not be named something that tricks new players into picking it.

Andhaira

Arcane
This is so hilarious anti-consumer and such a tremendous dick move that only Blizzard would try it (and get away with it) Therefore, I do believe these notes are real.

It also implies these cards cannot be crafted, so you only get them if you play Tourney mode or buy the new pack which has cards from all packs. Since there are only 63 new cards they probably don't want everyone to have them in a couple of days after release. (assuming this 'leak' is true, I have my doubts)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If this is the case I'm done with the game. I'm assuming Tournament mode is something I'll have no interest in so at that point you're stuck with RNG fail on packs that could give you majority classic/GvG instead of the new cards. A shit way to milk people.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just spend the 150 gold on an arena run, get a pack + more, and craft the new cards you want. That, along with other things, point to that leak being a load of crap. Why the hell do people even waste their time concocting that bullshit, and conversely, why give anything like this any attention?
The implication is that you can't get them through Arena. That is... if it's going to be an Argent TOURNAMENT themed expansion then they'd make the cards EXCLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIVE to Tournament mode or the super ripoff pack for 150g.

Jozoz

Prophet
Hearthstone is a super bad deal for free to play users.

I'm a bit surprised Blizzard manages to get away with at this point. Ever since they made Arena only give GVG packs, I feel like new players are absolutely shafted.

Andhaira

Arcane
From the site:

We're giving people a chance to earn card packs instead of just giving them away. Stay tuned, share and don't forget to play your cards, to sling spells, summon creatures, and command the heroes of Warcraft in duels of epic strategy with powerful prebuilt decks and hundreds of additional cards to win!

• IMPORTANT NOTICE!
  • 1. All card packs contain Goblins vs gnomes cards.
  • 2. Make sure you have a Battle.net account.
  • 3. Make sure you logged in into Heartstone at least once.
  • 4. Make sure you finished Hearthstone tutorial.
  • 5. Share the link with your friends to earn crystals.
  • 6. Spend your crystals on desired gifts.
  • 7. Redeem the code here.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Lol, this scam has been around for about a year now.

You can even google the name and see that the folks on battle.net and reddit actually know it is fake.

Tell us what happens when you get enough crystals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom