Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I admit that this is nice for the ultra casual crowd who are months away from constructing even a competitive aggro deck.

For everyone else though this is pretty fucking silly.

So with that in mind, the OFFICIAL OBJECTIVE rankings go

Summoner Thing > Rag vs Nef > Webspinner Brawl > This > Banana Brawl

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just when I didn't think they could get any lazier. It's the 'fill out your deck' button. It would be nice if they spent less on stupid marketing events to announce expansions and more on actually developing existing game modes. And even Webspinner was better than this trash.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Just when I didn't think they could get any lazier. It's the 'fill out your deck' button. It would be nice if they spent less on stupid marketing events to announce expansions and more on actually developing existing game modes. And even Webspinner was better than this trash.

After careful debilitation with the council of Phage, it's been decided that you're right on that. It is indeed worse than webspinner brawl. However it's still better than banana brawl.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I thought I was golden first game when I choose mage and had Antonidas, coin, missiles, and two mana wyrms. But my opponent had frostbolt, flame cannon, and then a near perfect mech deck to follow that up (cogmaster, annoy-a-tron, shredder). Kwa-lity stuff.

At least with webspinners beasts can have some kind of synergy. Here it's random trash and you have to hope you get decent cards versus shit that doesn't benefit your class at all.

AMG

Arbiter
Some fag got Malorne off my Deathlord in this brawl. He also had Malygos, Cenarius and Mukla, while I had Loatheb, Cairne and Harrison...
Still won though.
This brawl would have been better if you got COMPLETELY random decks, as in cards from every class. This is a bit... lame? I mean, you can already make some random deck and play vs friend, the only difference is that here you have full collection.
My motto for brawls is "get pack and never look back".

Grubba

Arcane

They're also good for completing quests in classes that you don't normally play.

But ya, this brawl is pretty lame. Really fucking lazy, Blizzard.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

They're also good for completing quests in classes that you don't normally play.

But ya, this brawl is pretty lame. Really fucking lazy, Blizzard.
Normally I'd agree but this brawl is so terrible I don't see myself doing any quests in it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Okay, I lied, I played again. Got a druid deck with Emperor, Dr. Boom, Cenarius, Foe Reaper, and Deathwing. What the RNG? I'm guessing they're heavily seeded with legendaries.

Yeah this mode is definitely designed to show off legendaries to casuals with the hope of enticing them into buying packs with real money.

I don't even care about the pack though. A CCG without the first "C"? I might as well be playing King's Corners or Go Fish.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can also get two of the same legendary in a deck. Nice coding bug there.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Finally got another legendary from a pack; turned out to be one I already had (Illidian)

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The only legendary I got is Milhouse Cumstorm, needless to say I dusted that shit.

Cry me a river men

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I would argue that Thrillhouse has more potential use than Illidan right now. Imagine being a revolutionary who goes balls deep with turn 1 coined Thrillhouse on the gamble that your opponent has no spells. You took that chance and threw it away!

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I'm opening countless shitty packs, it's amazing. Rarely get more than one Rare per pack, and barely any Epics. On the other hand, I've almost finished my Mech Mage, now it's only missing Dr Boom and Antonidas.:negative:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Lel yeah it would.

Nah, It's just the stuff I got from my "average" arena runs, Brawls and quests.

Andhaira

Arcane
I would argue that Thrillhouse has more potential use than Illidan right now. Imagine being a revolutionary who goes balls deep with turn 1 coined Thrillhouse on the gamble that your opponent has no spells. You took that chance and threw it away!

The Thrillhouse is shit sadly, unless it drops from the 4 mana mech's deathrattle. I tried making it work (it was the first legend I opened) but to no avail. Every class has spells, and they are usually used for early removal. Only way for Millhouse to work is using it in conjunction with Loatheb, which cancels out Thrillhouse's effect if played right after playing the Manastorm. I wish they had gone with the alpha version of Millhouse, which gave you a Manablast spell card. Turned out to be OP though.

Phage I used Illidian to good effect on my Jaina over the last couple of weeks. Trick is to put it out when you have some cheap spells in hand to use immediately. Use the spells (like Frostbolt/Icelance) to clear away the minions and suddenly you have an Illidian plus a couple of his spawns vs an empty board. Also if you play Illidian against enemy Druid you get a special quote from the card when you play him. :smug:

hivemind Already dusted the extra copy. Am saving for Antonidas. After that Malygos, and my core/essential collection will be complete! (Thalnos, Sylvanas and Bolvar are cards I want but not essential for me)

Also Chromaggus is not doing very well for me. FeelTheRads you happy now bitch? Meta is too fucking fast. I'll have to use Emperor to be able to play it early but my deck is already swarming with high cost minions.

Andhaira

Arcane
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19819223

Looks like it works with other phones if they are rooted.

Will check to see if it works with an emulator. I will not rest until those 3 packs 120 dust is mine

Yeah I got my free android pack by using Andy the android emulator to log into my account months ago. This should work, but you need to find an apk that makes your android emulator (andy or bluestacks) appear to run on s6 firmware. If you do plz let us know also.

And it will be 60 guaranteed dust from 3 packs, not 120. That card back is also sexy as heck.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Ok I just tried this method and it definitely works. Will post screenis of legendaries if I get any, wish me luck men

Nope. Sunwalker and Mindgames as decent drops.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom