Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heavy Rain said to be PS3 exclusive

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well first of all Quantic Dream games are not that good. Omicron was awful and Fahrenheit could've been good enough if not for retarded mini-games and retarded ending.
Second - PS3 exclusive? For the first 3 months as usual - after that it will hit both PC and most likely XBox360. As usual. Quantic Dream won't lose all sales just because Sony bribed them. And making a game only for PS3 is a huge loss of money.
UT3 was a PS3 exclusive too.

Azban

Novice
skyway said:
Second - PS3 exclusive? For the first 3 months as usual - after that it will hit both PC and most likely XBox360. As usual. Quantic Dream won't lose all sales just because Sony bribed them. And making a game only for PS3 is a huge loss of money.
UT3 was a PS3 exclusive too.

Difference is that Sony has publishing rights to Heavy Rain. It'll likely stay exclusive.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Interactive movies can be fun, as long as you're not expecting a game...

Longshanks

Augur
Jaime Lannister said:
This looks awesome but this confirms more Simon Says minigames. Ugh.
:x, hoped they would have learnt from Fahrenheit, grew to hate that game despite a promising beginning (first 20 minutes or so anyway :wink:). The Simon says button mashing was only part of the reason, though a significant one.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fortunately PC owners are cool guys and that's why we can install a hack that removes all those retarded mini-games - showing cutscenes as cutscenes instead (and I totally don't understand what can be so fun about "simon says" minigames).
Unfortunately nothing will fix the storyline stupidity that is inevitably encountered later in the game.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
What the hell. Quantum Dream's main audience was with the PC. Now they screwed themselves up by going PS3 exclusive. GG morons, they're expecting to sell a game that doesn't have OMGWTFBBQ graphics and belongs to the adventure-thriller genre on the PS3...

That being said, I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy. The story was quirky, and the ending was shit, but all else being said, it was great fun. When the story's not trying to be crap, it really can get gripping at times

The minigames aren't that bad...they just make the game feel more like a movie during those portions

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Dumbass, you lie. The PS3 doesn't exist in material form yet

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I liked Indigo Prophecy, but I was drinking massive amounts of cough syrup and eating fungus while I played through most of it. I thought the story was pretty cool and otherworldly for a video game plot. This looks like it should provide similar entertainment...

J1M said:
If you care about this, maybe you should be posting at the gamespot forums instead of here.
Shut your hole. "OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS TALKING ABOUT CONSOLES IN A NOT HATEFUL WAY LETS GET THE PITCHFORKS!" Who gives a damn what people want to talk about? I mean really...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom