Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heavy Rain said to be PS3 exclusive

J1M

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
J1M said:
If you care about this, maybe you should be posting at the gamespot forums instead of here.
Shut your hole. "OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS TALKING ABOUT CONSOLES IN A NOT HATEFUL WAY LETS GET THE PITCHFORKS!" Who gives a damn what people want to talk about? I mean really...
Don't be so excitable. If you care about consoles I assume you own one (or can go work at McDonalds for 60 hours between now and the release to buy one) and wouldn't be crying about the lack of a port.

J1M said:
If you care about consoles I assume you own one (or can go work at McDonalds for 60 hours between now and the release to buy one) and wouldn't be crying about the lack of a port.
What if someone just owns a PC but would like to play the game, but can't because there isn't a port? Who the hell would want to spend like 300 dollars on a system to purchase one game? That would be a total waste of money. Plus people could complain about not having a port even if they have a console, because they don't have the console that the game is for.

J1M

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
J1M said:
If you care about consoles I assume you own one (or can go work at McDonalds for 60 hours between now and the release to buy one) and wouldn't be crying about the lack of a port.
What if someone just owns a PC but would like to play the game, but can't because there isn't a port? Who the hell would want to spend like 300 dollars on a system to purchase one game? That would be a total waste of money. Plus people could complain about not having a port even if they have a console, because they don't have the console that the game is for.

Well good, now that you've expanded your argument I completely understand you. You're a brilliant mind and certainly not a jerkoff.

J1M

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
Well good, now that you've expanded your argument I completely understand you. You're a brilliant mind and certainly not a jerkoff.
There are lots of console games that never get ported to PC, hence if you like console games it wouldn't be $300 for one game, genius. Do you want me to clarify any more responses to your objections that are already covered in posts you've quoted?

J1M said:
sportforredneck said:
There are lots of console games that never get ported to PC, hence if you like console games it wouldn't be $300 for one game, genius.
Unless you only wanted one particular game. For example maybe someone wants MGS4, but since they don't have a PS3 they can't get it. But they don't want any other games, thus it would be 300 for one game. Not everyone would want a bunch of games for a console, just because they happen to want one particular game.

Oh and please, just quote what I said and repost your same response. I'm so looking forward to it.

J1M

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
J1M said:
sportforredneck said:
There are lots of console games that never get ported to PC, hence if you like console games it wouldn't be $300 for one game, genius.
Unless you only wanted one particular game. For example maybe someone wants MGS4, but since they don't have a PS3 they can't get it. But they don't want any other games, thus it would be 300 for one game. Not everyone would want a bunch of games for a console, just because they happen to want one particular game.

Oh and please, just quote what I said and repost your same response. I'm so looking forward to it.
If you like console games, you like console games. This one is not a special or unique flower.

J1M said:
If you like console games, you like console games. This one is not a special or unique flower.
It sounds pretty different than most other console games. So who's to say it's not unique that a certain kind of person wants to play it, despite only playing PC games besides it. It's not that absurd a thing. People don't want to spend 300 dollars if they just want one game. If you wanted, I don't know....Fable 2 as an example. But don't have a 360 or want any other 360 games. Would it make sense for you to buy a 360 just for that game, or would you rather there be a port (which Fable 2 of course would have, but that's not the point)?

J1M

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
J1M said:
It sounds pretty different than most other console games. So who's to say it's not unique that a certain kind of person wants to play it, despite only playing PC games besides it. It's not that absurd a thing. People don't want to spend 300 dollars if they just want one game. If you wanted, I don't know....Fable 2 as an example. But don't have a 360 or want any other 360 games. Would it make sense for you to buy a 360 just for that game, or would you rather there be a port (which Fable 2 of course would have, but that's not the point)?
It would make more sense than expecting a complaint on a message board to get you a port. Also, Heavy Rain sounds exactly like the typical adventure game with some horror elements plus a bunch of hype to get non-adventure players interested. Sounds like it worked on you.

bat_boro

Arcane
Based on the past experience I had with Fahrenheit and the things I've saw from Heavy Rain I would say no. It doesn't really sound like another adventure game.

It's more like something really unique from an emotional point of view, which is kind of good. You codex bitches've always cried for innovashun, no?

J1M

Arcane
bat_boro said:
It's more like something really unique from an emotional point of view, which is kind of good.
I hope it uses the Emotion Engine.

bat_boro

Arcane
J1M said:
I hope it uses the Emotion Engine.

And I hope this guy's there as an easter egg

Azis_Bulfoto1107-2.jpg

J1M said:
2 of course would have, but that's not the point)?
It would make more sense than expecting a complaint on a message board to get you a port. Also, Heavy Rain sounds exactly like the typical adventure game with some horror elements plus a bunch of hype to get non-adventure players interested. Sounds like it worked on you.[/quote]
I didn't even work on me. I don't want the game and could care less. I was just defending the fact that the thread was made. Yes, obviously a message board post won't get a port. But it's a place of, holy shit prepare yourself, discussion. Thus people can discuss about things such as the lack of the port. Or if you're kc, Bush drinking the blood of brown people.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Kraszu said:
Butthurt looser detected.

Detected from an "i don't care?" line? Ok your INT has risen from 1 to 2

No wait...

CrimsonAngel said:
*WAWAWAAAA* my mom won't buy me a PS3 so it sucks... *wawawawawaa*

That what you say every night?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom