Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
That's FOUR Bot Tanks at once @ confused people
Not even on difficulty 9. At least they all sat in one place.

Screenshot-20240228-122034.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Modder's figured out to acess the game's unused files
Apparentely Mechs are already in and modder's are already spawning in-game

Looks pretty cool
I'm guessing they'll be in the next update

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Have to say, I'm on the fence regarding Helldivers 2
This game seemingly came out of nowhere and seems super fun

I would like to play it, but being a online PvE co-op game instead of PvP usually implies most of the fun comes from playing with friends
And unfortunately none of my friends are interested in coop games
This is also the same reason I never tried Deep Rock Galactic despite also (and still to this day) being quite interested in it... :M

So is the game cool randos or is it pratically required the player is in a squad of some kind?

So is the game cool randos or is it pratically required the player is in a squad of some kind?
Its very playable with randoms. No one used voice in 90% of the games I played and commands are conveyed fine with pings. Two caveats. I've only completed up to Suicide Mission difficulty (difficulty level 7 out of 9) and have crossplay turned off.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, perfectly playable with random and still fun. There are still some jerks that kick you because you don't have the optimal gear but that is very rare.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Basically once you reach Difficulty 7 people become good again. Around 4 to 6 can be rough with randos. Also everyone is farming stupid defense missions right now for whatever reason.

NwNgger

Educated
I'm really enjoying the game with the caveat that it's super repetitive. However not nearly as grindy as say Warframe or Destiny. The issue becomes, once you get all the weapons and stratagems you want there's really not much more to the game in terms of progression. If you keep at it you can get everything you could want within a couple of weeks of lazy evenings with friends or randoms. It's nice to contribute to "the war effort." but after a while even that gets boring. Hopefully the vehicles will add some variety and also we can get some enemies that make using those vehicles fun. I do think we're going to see more and more crazy stuff from this game as it goes on.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Do grenade launchers hurt bigger stuff? I quite like having a 'nade launcher and 4 backpack resupplies and melting everything.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm really enjoying the game with the caveat that it's super repetitive. However not nearly as grindy as say Warframe or Destiny. The issue becomes, once you get all the weapons and stratagems you want there's really not much more to the game in terms of progression. If you keep at it you can get everything you could want within a couple of weeks of lazy evenings with friends or randoms. It's nice to contribute to "the war effort." but after a while even that gets boring. Hopefully the vehicles will add some variety and also we can get some enemies that make using those vehicles fun. I do think we're going to see more and more crazy stuff from this game as it goes on.
Sounds like treason talk to me, I'm contacting the Democracy Officer.

Do grenade launchers hurt bigger stuff? I quite like having a 'nade launcher and 4 backpack resupplies and melting everything.
They do but it takes a lot of hits, takes more than one mag to kill a charger if you don't hit the wonky weak spots.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Here's what'll happen if you try to fight a Charger with a grenade launcher:
The grenade will bounce.
It will hit another teammate.
It will ragdoll said teammate straight into the next bug patrol.

Gerrard

Arcane
Here's what'll happen if you try to fight a Charger with a grenade launcher:
The grenade will bounce.
It will hit another teammate.
It will ragdoll said teammate straight into the next bug patrol.
Unlike the auto cannon shots, grenades always explode on hit, unless they hit at the safety distance (like 5 meters, actually not very safe and apparently true to real life).

DemonKing

Arcane
My son bought this to play with his mates so I played a few rounds with my brother and some randoms.

To me the main source of fun comes from Friendly Fire being on constantly. The hilarity of teammates being caught in your stratagem explosions or wandering in front of you as you're laying down MG fire can't be overstated.

The actual game is pretty grindy and repetitive but it does feel kind of exhilarating when you manage to get on the jump ship in the nick of time and dust off.

Last edited:

911 Jumper

Educated
Tweet's gone, probably nothing then.

CEO put this out recently

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom