Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
PATCH 01.000.100
Major Updates
Planetary Hazards active
Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

Balancing
Eradicate Missions
Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now usually take twice as long to complete.

Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons
Balancing adjustments made to the following:
SG-225 Breaker
SG-8 Punisher
SG-225SP Breaker Spray & Pray
RS-422 Railgun
FLAM-40 Flamethrower
LAS-98 Laser Cannon

Stratagems
Balancing adjustments have been made to
Shield Generator Pack
Orbital 120MM HE Barrage
Orbital 380MM HE Barrage

Fixes
Fixed armor rating values not reducing damage as intended.
Fixed certain Bug Holes (including Stalker Nests) that were unnecessarily hard to destroy.
Fixed anti-aliasing toggle not working on PS5.
Balanced lighting across all planets to solve cases where the game was too dark.
Improved flashlight efficacy.
Increased visibility during “sand rain” weather on Erata Prime.
Updated tutorial materials and lighting.
Improved cases where some materials could look blurry if "Lighting" graphic setting was set to "Low".
Fixed timing issues that could occur in the “Extract E-710” primary objective.
Changed button interaction behavior for buttons in bunker POIs. Helldivers will now let go of the button after holding it for a few seconds.
Fixed some cases of large assets floating if the ground beneath them was blown up.
Helldivers standing next to ICBMs during launch will get properly toasty with a chance of not-so-spontaneous combustion.
Fixed unthrowable snowballs after ragdolling.
Fixed being able to use grenades after drowning.
Camera no longer locked on the player's own corpse and blocking spectator mode.
Helldivers now take damage from fire, gas etc. generated by other players.
Armor no longer stretches when dismembered.

Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
Picking up items from caches may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
Picking up items from bunkers and caches in quick succession may render one of the items unpickable.
Players cannot unfriend other players befriended via friend code.
Players may be unable to select loadout or return to ship when joining a multiplayer game session via PS5 Activity Card.
Occasionally mission reward multiplier may not be applied.
Mission objective HUD displays different numbers for client and host during some missions.
Default armor is always shown while viewing the warbond, regardless of the armor that player has equipped.
Text chat box display is obstructed by the cinematic letterboxing during extraction.
Some text in the HUD/UI is missing or not displaying correctly.
Players may experience issues when many players attempt to login and/or play at the same time:
Login rate limiting
Players may become disconnected during play
Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers
Some games may not be joinable by others for a short period of time

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Breaker: Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
Railgun: Decreased armor penetration, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
Flamethrower: Increased damage per second by 50%
Laser Cannon: Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
Punisher: Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 per bullet to 45 per bullet
Breaker Spray & Pray: Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased number of pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased magazine size from to 32 to 26
Energy Shield Backpack: Increased delay before recharging
380mm and 120mm Orbital Barrages: Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Yea I just had one of those, right during extract. This is gonna upset a lot of people, because those meteors sure as shit don't bother the bugs.

now usually take twice as long to complete.
i don't understand. warframe built an empire on "5 minutes, in and out" and the further they moved from that formula the fewer the players it had, despite tons of bells and whistles.
it's like game devs don't want money and their mission is to actively piss on players.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
i don't understand. warframe built an empire on "5 minutes, in and out" and the further they moved from that formula the fewer the players it had, despite tons of bells and whistles.
it's like game devs don't want money and their mission is to actively piss on players.
People were farming the defense missions for some reason, despite not giving much XP or samples. Later on these same people would join regular games on difficulty 7+ and not know wtf was going on.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Having tested some of the changes:
Armor is still useless.
Breaker and Railgun (on unsafe) are still fine.
Laser Cannon, Flamethrower and the 380mm barrages are still useless.

Richard Leaks

Educated
Couldn't get into a match without running into retards spamming defence missions, good riddance.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Yea I just had one of those, right during extract. This is gonna upset a lot of people, because those meteors sure as shit don't bother the bugs.
Does it spice up the game at all or is it a random annoyance you have to deal with occasionally.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Does it spice up the game at all or is it a random annoyance you have to deal with occasionally.
Take a guess.
I'm guessing it's like a drop ship putting a fat fuck with a shield on your head and you immediately dying except it counts as an environmental death now.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Take a guess.
I'm guessing it's like a drop ship putting a fat fuck with a shield on your head and you immediately dying except it counts as an environmental death now.
More like an ongoing 380mm barrage. There's (supposedly) a marker on the ground that shows the impact location but I couldn't see in in frozen environments.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
My son bought this to play with his mates so I played a few rounds with my brother and some randoms.

To me the main source of fun comes from Friendly Fire being on constantly. The hilarity of teammates being caught in your stratagem explosions or wondering in front of you as you're laying down MG fire can't be overstated.

The actual game is pretty grindy and repetitive but it does feel kind of exhilarating when you manage to get on the jump ship in the nick of time and dust off.
The Magicka experience was finding ways of blowing up your teammates

Hell Swarm

Educated
My son bought this to play with his mates so I played a few rounds with my brother and some randoms.

To me the main source of fun comes from Friendly Fire being on constantly. The hilarity of teammates being caught in your stratagem explosions or wondering in front of you as you're laying down MG fire can't be overstated.

The actual game is pretty grindy and repetitive but it does feel kind of exhilarating when you manage to get on the jump ship in the nick of time and dust off.
The Magicka experience was finding ways of blowing up your teammates
Quick draw on the lightning bolt spell.

Am I going crazy or did they add the stupid hold to do thing promotes to everything? I'm sure pre patch you could skip the intro with a single press and now it asks you to hold it for a moment to skip.

New update hasn't changed much gameplay wise. Big stuff is still a pain in the ass and relies on using the orbital laser. They need to implement better ways to handle the titan stuff because other wise you just kite them around until the other players finish the objective and start over. Since I always play super light with grenade launcher/drone and sentries I get aggro and run it out of range to threaten the rest of the team while never being in any danger.

I hope they implement ship customization soon. I want to change the crew to something less American and see other ship designs. Even if the ships are minor changes it would be an improvement to 4 identical ships lining up.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
image.png

Games will be unbearable now because every pubbie is going to insist on using them for the next week.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you ever wonder why your mech exploded for no reason just remember they have ”Made on Tien Kwan" stamped on them.

because deep down the know they're worth less than nothing so they seek strength in numbers, not understanding the simple math that any amount of zeros is always worth zero.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom