Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

i reached second last difficulty, and honestly i noticed no change, every game is a brutal slaughter of teamkilling. i wanted to play scout, i kept getting bombarded and turreted to death, now i'm thinking if i should spend 400 credits for the superheavy armor.

Gerrard

Arcane
i reached second last difficulty, and honestly i noticed no change, every game is a brutal slaughter of teamkilling. i wanted to play scout, i kept getting bombarded and turreted to death, now i'm thinking if i should spend 400 credits for the superheavy armor.
Get explosive resistance or Democracy Protects instead.

Gerrard

Arcane
4wuRpjf.jpeg

Caim

Arcane
I too have decided to give my life for Super Earth. I started out going up against the Bots, but they're a major pain in the dick to fight. So I switched over to the Bugs, against whom I'm faring much better. So far I'm getting some mileage out of the shotgun and the Stalwart as a support weapon, with some airstrikes and my newly unlocked machine gun sentry to provide cover. I'm having some success now that I'm slowly climbing up the ranks, but I'm not eager to try the "kill 100 bugs" mission again any time soon since last time I tried it I got my shit pushed in. I am looking forward to unlocking more gear as I progress, but it's a slow and steady affair.

100 bugs is like 5 minutes in any random mission. a well placed turret can earn 20-30.

am i the only one who prefers bots? they don't swarm you like bugs, with whom i must bring the drone because i just can't check 360° 24/7. only bots bullshit moment is when they field like 3-4 tanks at once. that's rather retarded.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Patrol spawning has been increased when there are fewer than 4 players. The fewer the players the bigger the change. For 4 player missions there will be no change compared to before.The biggest noticeable change will be for solo players at higher difficulties
Shots that ricochet from heavy armored enemies will now properly hit the Helldiver who fired them. Trigger discipline is highly recommended.

:evilcodex:

Hell Swarm

Educated
Patrol spawning has been increased when there are fewer than 4 players. The fewer the players the bigger the change. For 4 player missions there will be no change compared to before.The biggest noticeable change will be for solo players at higher difficulties
Shots that ricochet from heavy armored enemies will now properly hit the Helldiver who fired them. Trigger discipline is highly recommended.

:evilcodex:
This is one of those changes where I ask myself.

Did they think this was more fun or did they think this makes the game more tedious and extends play time? I can't see how any one would enjoy the later change and the first seems to be trying to solve solo players being able to solo missions

ultimanecat

Arcane
Their balancing philosophy is dumb. Stuff gets nerfed because other options aren’t great at handling something (multiple heavy spawns with railgun, enemy armor with slugger) and they’ll change both the problem the gun was addressing and then also nerf the gun. Now those guns suck and are hardly used. And this is in a PvE game, where balance doesn’t really mean anything other than the dev picking and choosing how they want you to play.

Combined with nasty bugs that have been present since day 1 (party size permanently decreasing when someone drops from your session, friends and blocked player lists not actually working, DoT stratagems really only working for host) plus dumb shit like your own explosions sucking you into them (thus into the group of enemies you likely were trying to explode), I’m starting to get frustrated with this dev making hundreds of millions of dollars in sales and then dicking around and not really fixing things.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Their balancing philosophy is dumb. Stuff gets nerfed because other options aren’t great at handling something (multiple heavy spawns with railgun, enemy armor with slugger) and they’ll change both the problem the gun was addressing and then also nerf the gun. Now those guns suck and are hardly used. And this is in a PvE game, where balance doesn’t really mean anything other than the dev picking and choosing how they want you to play.

Combined with nasty bugs that have been present since day 1 (party size permanently decreasing when someone drops from your session, friends and blocked player lists not actually working, DoT stratagems really only working for host) plus dumb shit like your own explosions sucking you into them (thus into the group of enemies you likely were trying to explode), I’m starting to get frustrated with this dev making hundreds of millions of dollars in sales and then dicking around and not really fixing things.

It's a small dev team but the bugs are really annoying. They'll release a new mission (asset extraction) and it'll be hopelessly bugged when the host leaves, so now you have all these people trolling by starting a mission and than leaving.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Most of the changes seem fine to me. The change to patrols I'll have to test out as that seems unnecessary given the other downsides of not having four already. Even if they are fixing a mistake with unintended behavior, why change it if the results were fine anyway?

Tested the eruptor and I hardly notice any change save for the ammo drop, which is fine. It doesn't pull you in if you're too close to the blast anymore so that's a slight buff imo.

The crossbow was done dirty. Good change for the Senator. Blitzer is now a potential option. Rover got reamed.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Hold up, this shit is real?
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529806518741

HELLDIVERS™ 2 Account Linking Update
Attention Helldivers,

Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post.

Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games. This is our main way to protect players from griefing and abuse by enabling the banning of players that engage in that type of behaviour. It also allows those players that have been banned the right to appeal.

As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th. PlayStation Network accounts are free and easy to set up using this link
https://www.playstation.com/support/account/create-account-for-psn/

We understand that while this may be an inconvenience to some of you, this step will help us to continue to build a community that you are all proud to be a part of.

Many thanks for your continued support of HELLDIVERS 2!

Sony Interactive Entertainment

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well, that's one way to kill your game.

:deathclaw:

That's what I get for trying normie mainstream garbage.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Hold up, this shit is real?
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529806518741

HELLDIVERS™ 2 Account Linking Update
Attention Helldivers,

Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post.

Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games. This is our main way to protect players from griefing and abuse by enabling the banning of players that engage in that type of behaviour. It also allows those players that have been banned the right to appeal.

As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th. PlayStation Network accounts are free and easy to set up using this link
https://www.playstation.com/support/account/create-account-for-psn/

We understand that while this may be an inconvenience to some of you, this step will help us to continue to build a community that you are all proud to be a part of.

Many thanks for your continued support of HELLDIVERS 2!

Sony Interactive Entertainment
You have to link accounts but don't get cross-progression lol

Sony gonna Sony

ultimanecat

Arcane
Yeah seriously, I’m out. I’ll ask for a refund but kind of doubt it’ll go anywhere since I’ve had the game for a month or more - probably Sony’s intention that way.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah seriously, I’m out. I’ll ask for a refund but kind of doubt it’ll go anywhere since I’ve had the game for a month or more - probably Sony’s intention that way.
You really should, with that news article linked.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Adding additional DRM or log in requirements is often a reason Valve will refund. I wonder why they're doing it now.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't this illegal too under EU law? Aren't they very strict on software in general?

The store page has always said the game needs a PSN account, so that's probably enough to cover them legally. Probably.

you know, i'm always the first to jump on the "kill the corpos" bandwagon, but what's so tragic about this? i thought having a sony account was already mandatory, it took me a while to dig out the one i used for planetside.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Looks like not buying this slop was the right choice. These greedy kikes always pull shit like this now. Remember Fall Guys? They got their money from Steam and then pulled the rug out by trying to force everyone onto Epic Game Store. Should be illegal and I hope the company tanks and all the devs become homeless crack addicts.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
you know, i'm always the first to jump on the "kill the corpos" bandwagon, but what's so tragic about this? i thought having a sony account was already mandatory, it took me a while to dig out the one i used for planetside.
From the look of the steam discussions section the issue some people have with it is, PSN isn't available in every country the game is sold in. So after a month they fear they will be locked out of the game they paid for. Or so they claim.

ultimanecat

Arcane

First it’s an account, then it’s a launcher, then it’s a store. It blows and I’m done with it, but everyone will have their limit.

Apparently Ghost of Tsushima will require a PSN account too, and that game only has multiplayer as an afterthought, so Sony clearly is making a push for this garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom