Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Help revive the dungeon crawler! (again) - The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter is LIVE

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hopefully not.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Bard’s Tale IV is spearheaded by the same team that delivered the award-winning Wasteland 2.

Brian Fargo founded Interplay Productions (By Gamers, For Gamers) in 1983 where he went on to produce and finance some of the biggest RPG's made, including Bard's Tale, Neuromancer, Dragon Wars, Fallout 1 and 2, Stonekeep, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and more.

Matthew Findley joined Brian at Interplay shortly after the release of the original Wasteland, inspired by The Bard’s Tale and Wasteland and desiring to make games of that type. He was one of the two project leads on Wasteland 2. Matt has a chainsaw hanging from his ceiling, so you know he's serious.

Chris Keenan was Interplay’s youngest employee in the mid-90s, starting at age 15. He has been with inXile since its early days. Chris was one of the two project leads on Wasteland 2, and is a handsome son of a gun (according to his mother).

Michael “Maxx” Kaufman is an art director with an extensive career in the industry, most notably working for Xatrix/Gray Matter, developing such games as Kingpin: Life of Crime and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. He is the art director on Wasteland 2: Game of the Year Edition and occasionally enjoys adding an extra “x” to words.

Nathan Long was the lead writer on Wasteland 2 and is currently a contributing writer on Torment: Tides of Numenera. Before joining inXile, he worked as a novelist, screen, and TV writer for many years – but all that is just a sideline until his music career takes off.

No Colin McComb?
It's the B-team this time.

Ulrox

Arbiter
That implies that inXile has an A-team.
Colin is the motherfucking A-team.

Agree, Colin is awesome, but I'm guessing that once they're done with Torment Colin will be moved to Bard's tale 4.

Edit: Also I'm glad everyone aren't as jaded as the people on the RPG codex, otherwise stuff like this would never get funded, and we wouldn't be seeing any great new oldskool rpg's.

Zeriel

Arcane
That implies that inXile has an A-team.
Colin is the motherfucking A-team.

Agree, Colin is awesome, but I'm guessing that once they're done with Torment Colin will be moved to Bard's tale 4.

Edit: Also I'm glad everyone aren't as jaded as the people on the RPG codex, otherwise stuff like this would never get funded, and we wouldn't be seeing any great new oldskool rpg's.

I pledged $105. :mad:

Can't speak for anyone else here, however I may be a cynical bastard who hates most things but I'll always put money up for what looks like a decently executed turn-based blobber as long as that genre stays so niche that we often don't even see 1 title per year.

Darkzone

Arcane
I hope they bring back the Bard voiced by Cary Elwes as a recruitable character, for the party.
~810k and 24h so my current loose estimates, point towards an avg. of 3.6 million, but the range is currently to high, for any correct estimates. If they make another 225k in the next 24h, then i would state that they fall in the 3 mio - 3.5mio, if the kickstarter behaves like most of the cRPGs kickstarters.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
It won't blaze through the funding & stretch goals like inXile's previous crowdfunding efforts, but then, I don't think they ever expected it to. It's doing really well for a rather forgotten franchise many people have no nostalgic feelings towards.

Kz3r0

Arcane
668303c27c95588b1969f8589010d374_original.gif

Our good friends at CD Projekt Red and GOG.com have graciously agreed to allow us to extend the offer for another 24 hours! Anyone who backs The Bard’s Tale IV on Kickstarter in the first 48 hours of the campaign will receive a FREE copy of inXile’s Wasteland 2, or CD Projekt Red's The Witcher, or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. (until 6/4 at 6am, PST)
:kfc:

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Uhm... no thanks. I don't want any of the other games, not even for free. Removed my pledge.

I'll jump back in later with a higher pledge.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this reward tier new?

• Pledge $2,000 or more
    1 backer Limited (2 left of 3)

MUSICIAN'S TIER

While it's tales that tell, it's songs that inspire. With this reward level you'll WORK WITH RENOWNED FALLOUT, WASTELAND 2, AND TORMENT COMPOSER MARK MORGAN to help create a song for the game! And, we've paired up with XOUNTS to give you an EXCLUSIVE XOUNTS BARD'S TALE IV SOUND SYSTEM! Also includes the Signed Premier Collector's Edition rewards, the Collector's Album Box, and your name will be written on the STANDING STONES OF GRATITUDE for all to see.

Estimated delivery: Oct 2017
    Ships anywhere in the world

Also, all the $20 early bird and $95 Collector box tiers are gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom