Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Heroes Never End (LR: WildStorm)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea yea, as soon as I dig up the rest of the series.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That beard has GOT to go. Seriously.

Otherwise not bad, and as others have said clear incline over the TAO arc.

Vaarna_Aarne

No worries, the beard will be gone (I know, I've read the WildCATs stuff that follows after StormWatch is done as an individual series). No one knows how it appeared, and I don't know how it goes away.

Also, I just read the DC StormWatch #1... Well, nothing to see here so far. New characters introduced seem lame, and the idea that StormWatch is a secret society that has defended the earth for centuries is kinda gay, but there's nothing rage-inducing yet (Midnighter's horrible redesign notwithstanding).

Vaarna_Aarne

SoupNazi said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
(Midnighter's horrible redesign notwithstanding).

pixplz?
DC-Comics-Relaunch-Stormwatch-1-2011.jpg

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Vaarna_Aarne said:
oldmanpaco said:
Why did they kill her off?
You mean storywise or on a company level?

Well, storywise it was clear: They weren't going to play along with StormWatch, so they had to be removed.

I know why the killed her off in the story. I'm irritated at the writers for removing the chance to flash Asian schoolgirl panties at every opportunity.

Also Midnighter looks like he has a dildo strapped to his chin. Not helping the gay perception at all.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Well the new Appolo also looks pretty derp. Even gayer, and his face now looks like the old Hawksmoor. Never mind the hair (or lack thereof).

Vaarna_Aarne

To be fair, Apollo looks much better in the actual comic, though he's only been seen in casual wear. I still prefer the old mullet/semi-long hair look though.

But since these are gay superheroes, we best defer to Jaesun. Does he read this?

EDIT: You know what burns my ass though about the end of WildStorm? The fact I'll never know how the story of Majestic and Nemesis ends. Their ongoing storyline wasn't finished before the imprint was.

SoupNazi

I don't think I'd even be able to read the new one. With Apollo, he looks horrible because I'm used to the original, better design. But Midnighter's redesign is just horrible, whether it's him or not

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Huh. Those were actually really good, isolated stories. Well-characterized characters, good solid cores to each plot (particularly the Korean and Soviet Cold War machine one), I like em.

Vaarna_Aarne

Attention! Terrible tragedy has struck, for /rs/ uploads of the following issues have a number of them that have been deleted by The Man, and the torrent I found that contained the issues has no seeders! HALP

Can someone check Demonoid for a torrent with StormWatch PHD issues 18-23? Or something like that?

Furious Flaming Faggot said:
How does Majestic's death in Mr. Majestic Vol 2 fit into this? Retconned?

Also, more.
Majestice changed the future, the Planet Shaper is forever lost so the future of the events after he saves Earth's population will never come to pass and thus Majestic still lives. But I think it was a great death story even if it "didn't really happen" after its events.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Found a Demonoid torrent called "complete Stormwatch PHD". I hope this means they have post-earth division as well? Anyway check your PM.

Unfortunately there's only one seeder so downloading might take a while.

I've sent you another one as well called "Wildstorm Universe" with many more seeders, and which may have everything in the universe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom