Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Seven Islands - Hand-drawn tribute to classic RPG and comics

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
What kind of musical instrument is that?
No idea. I was thinking of drawing a guitar, but maybe I should have looked at a picture first. I don't know what they're supposed to do with their hands.
its obviously an acoustic bass guitar

Dark mode is nice, have you considered a "newspaper white" option? That way you can keep the originally intended white aesthetic but not as blinding.

https://heatherednest.com/benjamin-moore-paper-white/

remember-when-our-newspapers-had-comic-strips-v0-6kjsg2v22l6a1.png

There's the weathered yellowed option too.

SFACA-newspaper-comics-image-768x337.jpg

https://library.osu.edu/biclm/san-francisco-academy-of-comic-art-collection

rap2h

Arcane
Developer
Thank you for your suggestion Clockwork Knight ! I will probably include it in the game! Maybe the problem now is that everything else feels a bit flashy (and since it's images with a static color palette, I can not re-color everything). But anyway, maybe I should just get rid of the previous white and keep this one...

Capture d’écran 2024-08-23 à 16.25.35.png

rap2h

Arcane
Developer
(work in progress) Im going to add a few mini-puzzles in the game, maybe ten or so. I like it when there are some in RPGs, in small doses and with variety, I will try to make it enjoyable (redoing the same puzzle again and again in bards tales 4 was sometimes a bit like a chore)

Enregistrementdelecran2024-08-28a14.42.53-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

rap2h

Arcane
Developer
RPG design question:

Should the modifiers matter when learning a skill? If a trainer requires a particular willpower level to learn a skill and the hero wears an amulet of willpower, should they be able to learn it? Or just base level?
On the one hand, I could say that only basic attributes count, but on the other, maybe that hero can trick the trainer with his hidden jewel!

Capture d’écran 2024-10-03 à 18.10.37.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Should the modifiers matter when learning a skill?
I don't see why they shouldn't.
If a trainer requires a particular willpower level to learn a skill and the hero wears an amulet of willpower, should they be able to learn it?
I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be allowed either.
maybe that hero can trick the trainer with his hidden jewel!
Will a government funded punishment squad descend upon a party for repeated violations of Skill Trainers United© terms and agreements?
If the answer is yes, then go for it!

rap2h

Arcane
Developer
Thank you for your answer! Let's go then!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom