Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Higher Game

Arcane
I wonder if he took it easy on the edge because he really liked this game, and/or it's already so janky and memey you can't do much more with it.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was some EU shit law they came up and pushed through when everyone was distracted with Corona chan.

Totally not lobbied and bribed by the Big Tech oligarchs. Yes you read it right: right now in the EU, if you want to watch, say Flashgitz "Furry Apocalypse" you will have to give YT (and google-Alphabet by extension) either you credit card info or send copies of your ID, like your passport.

It's to do with EU laws

The EU directive in question does not require ID, passport or anything else specific, it just asks for some form of age verification. It is Google's choice to ask for ID.

Codex Year of the Donut
It was some EU shit law they came up and pushed through when everyone was distracted with Corona chan.

Totally not lobbied and bribed by the Big Tech oligarchs. Yes you read it right: right now in the EU, if you want to watch, say Flashgitz "Furry Apocalypse" you will have to give YT (and google-Alphabet by extension) either you credit card info or send copies of your ID, like your passport.

It's to do with EU laws

The EU directive in question does not require ID, passport or anything else specific, it just asks for some form of age verification. It is Google's choice to ask for ID.
They should have just banned ips originating from EU countries, much simpler solution.

downwardspiral

Learned
Yep, it's a great game. Only superficially similar to rimworld, actually completely different in the way it plays. Grinding is also a bit of a fake news, a lot of it can be streamlined once you know how to play and what to aim for. The number of varaibles and mechanics you can access at any given time is mind boggling and gives loads of options to replay and do things differently. Exploration is also much more interesting than in Rimworld but the info gathering is definitely the worst grind in the game.

Definitely not a game for everyone but the amount of peons rating this as decline shows how much ignoramus wanders the halls of the codex in current year.

Reminds me when the game first came out, it was bashed by many Chinese players who thought it is a copy of rimworld. Most of them didn't really play it or think airport CEO or simairport has anything to do with Prison Architect, well, most of them don't play it anyway. So they think this game is the serious copy cat game that put shame in their country even if it is just superficially similar to it.

The game is not very grinding, like you said, player supposed to find an efficient way to level up instead of just waiting.
Plus there is speed sliding bar to adjust stuff.
It really is a dragon ball level up simulator, where character can level up in a very quick time if find the right way to train.

There are some weird spells that is not just stat changing or simple combat related stuff.

The thing I found lacking is probably how combat is rather limited and full xianxia genre Chinese wizardry yet not really feature all magic weird weapons type from xianxia genre. It is not a combat heavy game sadly.
And lack of survival contents, since it is mostly dragon ball-like characters doing their training.
I would personally prefer to have more combat and survival elements of rimworld.
But this is a great game if people are into dragon ball style sim where you efficiently train your characters to become a demigod.
The grinding part is a bit like Disgaea series especially Disgaea 5 really, where people thought it is a grinding game when it is actually less grinding than many mainstream JRPGs or even rouge lite.

What it really need is some major mods to expand the gameplay elements in area other than training.
Like what mods such as combat extend did to rimworld in combat gameplay.

Last edited:

Razor

Arcane
Hey hey people. Some new content. :troll:

I hope Nightdive releases the Sshock2 Enchanted Edition: Directors Cut with the upcoming Sshock 1 remake at the end of august. At least that was what was promised when I ordered it.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
The grinding part is a bit like Disgaea series especially Disgaea 5 really

The comparaison is spot on, it's more about finding way to power-up quicker than mindless grinding. Basically every threshold you reach with you first generation make the next one stronger and with quicker to rise.

The thing I found lacking is probably how combat is rather limited and full xianxia genre Chinese wizardry yet not really feature all magic weird weapons type from xianxia genre. It is not a combat heavy game sadly.
It felt pretty underwhelming so far. Artifact got a shitload of stat, but you don't really care about anything beside damage, and speed to some extent. I guess the idea was to allow loosely two type of archetype : bulky one to create a front line, and agile or quick whose aim are to take advantage of the element wheel. Instead, it often boil down to who's got the stronger firepower, with eventually a bit of kiting against demon beast.

Perkel

Arcane
Actually it does matter. For example if you have small artifact with high turning power it will be able to attack other artifact few times vs one time. If it has low knockback then other artifact will be able to hit multiple times it in row if has high knockback.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
For example if you have small artifact with high turning power it will be able to attack other artifact few times vs one time.

That's why PPs are an excellent chassis for mass-enchanting, in order to fill up your swordshield. Small and agile, relatively high tier and super easy to amass in droves.

My enemy will never expect that! A swarm of dick-drones converging on a targeted objective, hitting ass and legs as a single, coordinated, multi-headed entity.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys are already a few years on the codex, isn't it already obvious what the response to asking people not do something is around here? :-P

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah, I remember now how DU was talking about child-rearing skills when it comes to moderating this place. It makes even more sense now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom