Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hibernaculum is a sci-fi horror dungeon crawler set aboard a massive colony ship, now on Kickstarter

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't understand how the $47,379 goal is going to work for a development time of about 2.5 years. That meager sum of money isn't even enough to pay a single developer, much less pay for the design, production, and distribution of the physical products.

Usually kickstarters are not meant to provide the entirety of a game's budget or livings costs for the developers.

Most of the time, it covers a portion of the budget until a product is ready to go to market, or until the developer is able to recruit investors.

tindrli

Arcane
seems A lot like Elvira. Reminded me of my childhood in some point. Also seeing it i almost wished that it remain slow paced. like elvira in amiga days, we dont have that paced games nowdays.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Shame to waste this excellence on the blobshit genre
Codex is full of naive fangirls. They are willing to give their asses at the first chance. All I see here is a poser with ridiculously fancy bating descriptions who wants to make his dream "PST - Baldur's Gate - Fallout - Captive - Lands of Lore - BDrebirth - 40K - Anvil of Dawn - Black Crypt - Waxworks - Elvira - Stonekeep - Dungeon Hack - The Legacy - Silent Hill - Darkwood" game, while asking for 45K with a one minute trailer that includes 60 seconds of cute moving pictures and 1 second of pew pew.

Thread has been screenshot, 2025 will be a fun year.

BB.jpg

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Shame to waste this excellence on the blobshit genre
Codex is full of naive fangirls. They are willing to give their asses at the first chance. All I see here is a poser with ridiculously fancy bating descriptions who wants to make his dream "PST - Baldur's Gate - Fallout - Captive - Lands of Lore - BDrebirth - 40K - Anvil of Dawn - Black Crypt - Waxworks - Elvira - Stonekeep - Dungeon Hack - The Legacy - Silent Hill - Darkwood" game, while asking for 45K with a one minute trailer that includes 60 seconds of cute moving pictures and 1 second of pew pew.

Thread has been screenshot, 2025 will be a fun year.

BB.jpg
Numenera 2.0 coming right up

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Looks good, the developers are amazing humans who will probably finish and launch this before Colony Ship leaves beta.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom