Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Nelka

Educated
I want to buy this game so bad, but I always hate to get on a bandwagon or join a herd. This smells like a marketing ploy so much...
Me too, but looks like a new dangerous fashion is coming to AAA games, I'm talking about paying some more money to get a 72h head start. Looks like no one is impressed by having an extra wand skin in Deluxe Edition, so let's give players the game earlier, if they are willing to pay few dollars more for DE.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Honestly, I would't buy this game day one by only one reason. The risk of them wokifying the even more game after few weeks. I don't thrust AAA game devs.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I caught up with the thread, and man some of the things I read from the trans community infuriates me. "genocide"? When in the actual F did they suffer a genocide? My people went through that more than once by the Turks/Kurds. I already take an issue with trans people (it's a mental illness, imo), but when they throw out words like genocide, I feel even less sympathetic towards them. They have no shame, and just throw words at you, just to fit their agenda and make them feel victimized.

Codex Year of the Donut
I caught up with the thread, and man some of the things I read from the trans community infuriates me. "genocide"? When in the actual F did they suffer a genocide? My people went through that more than once by the Turks/Kurds. I already take an issue with trans people (it's a mental illness, imo), but when they throw out words like genocide, I feel even less sympathetic towards them. They have no shame, and just throw words at you, just to fit their agenda and make them feel victimized.
Tell me more about the Turkish genocide of swedes pls

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tell me more about the Turkish genocide of swedes pls
I'm not a native Swede.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Can anyone explain to me the obviously insane chain of reasoning and pseudo-logic that led troons to claim the game supports trans-genocide? What the fuck triggered them so much about this game? Somehow I doubt Hogwarts is going to have gas chambers in the basement where you have to stuff troons in for exp.

Or did their persecution complex and other delusions simply grow proportionally with their butthurt that Rowling will make more money form this despite them trying to cancel her, to the point where they need to cry genocide and invent other libel in some last ditch attempt to cancel her?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Gas

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The logic is as simple as it is absurd. Anything that causes troons to neck themselves (which is most things) is supporting trans genocide.

Skdursh

Savant
You will never be a real wizard. You have no broom, you have no wand, you have no owl. You are a unremarkable muggle twisted by befuddlement drought and polyjuice potion into a crude mockery of Hogwarts perfection.

I'll buy this and complete all achievements just so I can make a too sensitive person seethe internally by casually mentioning it in real life.

If they get mad, I'll pretend like I do not use the internet and ask them are they okay. Then I'll dismissively waive aside all their rants, hence making any reaction look incredibly overblown.

Then I'll go home and clap at myself and eat some steak.

Harthwain

Magister
This smells like a marketing ploy so much...
I doubt it. Marketing generally tries to avoid controversies due to potential image risks involved. It's not like anything Harry Potter-related has to use "any publicity is good publicity" policy to get visibility/brand recognition. People are less clever (or organized) as some think. Not everything has to be part of a carefully orchestrated plan. Accident and chaos are natural parts of life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom