Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hollow Knight: Silksong

---

Arcane
Not as exciting and well crafted as the first trailer, but content-wise looks absolutely incredible, and the combat is so fluid.
Also, it seems that they included Ori-like escape sequences, which is another plus for me. Platforming was the only (minor) downside of Hollow Knight: there were too few demanding sections.

Speaking of release date, they said that all the games showed during the event will release within 12 months.
Better than nothing, I guess.

Last edited:
I'd be really curious to see a breakdown of how many gamepass subscribers actually purchase games that are available on gamepass. My gut says that it's probably a surprisingly high number, but I still can't totally see the sense for Team Cherry to do this. The most conservative estimates I've seen put Hollow Knight's lifetime sales across all platforms at around 3 million, and, given that the actual sales are almost certainly higher than that and considering the near universal acclaim HK has among players, I think Silksong could pretty easily shift around 2.5 million copies in it's first month (assuming a launch pricepoint of $25-$30). I just don't see Microsoft ponying up enough cash to overcome that.

But maybe Team Cherry would rather have a guaranteed $5 mil than a potential $30 mil, can't blame them for that.

Visperas

Augur
Oh, man. The first thing I said before clicking play was "Don't play with my heart" and it sill did.

Ivan

Arcane
only sharing b/c the shit got me too. even though I raised my eyebrow at the audacious "THE SECOND GAME BY TEAM CHERRY"

S.torch

Arbiter
Hollow Knight: Silksong is Finished and it’s in Final Testing Phase
Hollow Knight was revealed back in 2019, and we got some information about it at the end of the last year. You can expect more of Hollow Knight: Silksong this year because the PR manager of Team Cherry Games has stated on the official Hollow Knight Discord that they have finished everything and are in the final testing phase. However, you cannot expect a release date anytime soon since they are still fixing all the bugs, and they need time to market the game.

1609838146386.png.webp

https://gamingroute.com/hollow-knight-silksong-is-finished-and-its-in-final-testing-phase/

>See this new
>Check the date

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Doktor Best

Arcane
The first Hollow Knight was already a very long game for a metroidvania. Makes me a bit worried about its pacing.

---

Arcane
I don't know. I am not an expert (far from it), but four year and half for a game which was first announced in such a state of advancement seems to me a very long time.

The first game —developed by the exact same team— was announced during a Kickstarter campaign in 2013, it required 'only' four years to release and it was much more crude, at the beginning (take a look at the original trailer and compare it with the actual game we played).

Who knows what happened (?)...

Last edited:

hajro

Arbiter
What happened is that they are buttplugged into releasing a 10/10 now and are second guessing every design choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom