Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hollow Knight: Silksong

What happened is that they are buttplugged into releasing a 10/10 now and are second guessing every design choice.
If that is the case, they should get a better project manager

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What manager? IIRC the team are literally 3 guys.

One would assume that with the millions they made off the first game, they've hired some support staff. But I dunno if there's been any official communication about that.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Don't worry, once they finish creating the various console versions, they can get to work on the console versions of the next generation that will also never be released.

Damned Registrations

Don't worry, once they finish creating the various console versions, they can get to work on the console versions of the next generation that will also never be released.
Who cares about consoles?
Team Cherry, apparently. It's the standard indie cash grab move. They think it'll be easy to just bang out a port of a game for a ton of free money, get bogged down in it forever. I suspect they want a simultaneous console release and have spent half their dev time trying to make that work and appease Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Who cares about consoles?
Team Cherry, apparently. It's the standard indie cash grab move. They think it'll be easy to just bang out a port of a game for a ton of free money, get bogged down in it forever. I suspect they want a simultaneous console release and have spent half their dev time trying to make that work and appease Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.
Well, since Hollow Knight was the best metroidvania since Super Metroid, I'm willing to give them all the benefit of the doubt that they are working on content and Silksong will be good once they are finished

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
The irony is that Super Metroid was a console title.
Funny how that works.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Just saying that the hatred towards consoles is completely irrational.
It goes so far that some people refuse to use any input devices other than mouse and keyboard, even for racing games or flight sims to name the most obvious examples, when one of the greatest advantages of the PC is the abundance of different input devices available.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Just saying that the hatred towards consoles is completely irrational.
It goes so far that some people refuse to use any input devices other than mouse and keyboard, even for racing games or flight sims to name the most obvious examples, when one of the greatest advantages of the PC is the abundance of different input devices available.
Sure, these are good points. I don't just see much utility for consoles anymore when most of them seem to go mainly digital and are becoming basically sanitized entry level PCs

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Well, a current gen console is what, 500 bucks?
Build a PC with that.

It's also retarded to blame Silksong's development time on console ports.
Completely dishonest. It's never been easier to port to console.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, a current gen console is what, 500 bucks?
Build a PC with that.
You'll have to pay monthly/yearly subscription if you want any online features, plus if you want the same kind of discounts Steam offers constantly you have to rely on second-hand discs. Plus of course the range of games you can play on PC is way larger.

Plus you wanna buy a PC or at least a laptop anyway, for general computer stuff.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Well, the first is true, and indeed a major disadvantage.
There are constant sales on consoles though, I don't think Steam, or PC in general, has a major advantage here.
And of course the catalog is much larger on PC, even if you don't take emulation into account.

PC is better than console, no doubt about it. But the irrational hatred towards consoles is simply not justified.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There are constant sales on consoles though, I don't think Steam, or PC in general, has a major advantage here.
On Steam there are brutal sale events like four times a year and then constant deals throughout the year. Often a new game is -30% two months from launch and -50% next year. Two, three years old games are often -75% off.

I don't think you can get this on Playstation store, let alone on Nintendo.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
You're wrong about that.
Sales on console have caught up.

No idea about Nintendo, I emulate Nintendo, but Playstation and Xbox do have ongoing sales throughout the year as well, and major sales have up to 90% reduction for some titles.

Damned Registrations

But the irrational hatred towards consoles is simply not justified
It's not so much the consoles themselves I hate, as the companies hawking them these days. All three have huge red flags and I honestly kind of wish they'd all just die off already. The exclusivity agreements, paranoid legal attacks on fans, trying to force gimmicky bullshit into the market, predatory subscription schemes, artificial scarcity of their own IPs, terrible policies that micromanage development on their systems... I could go on forever. Fuck 'em. They're not breeding competition, just bloating costs of doing business and squatting on IPs and press events.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Yes, but that's not a console problem, it's a mega-corp problem.
You may be on Linux, but 99% of gamers aren't.

Last edited:

hajro

Arbiter
gay awards in december

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom