Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hour and a half Fallout 3 video review needs love

Sykar

Arcane
There can never be enough Fallout 3 bashing considering all the undeserved praise this pile of shit gets and this is particularly well made undeserving of all the thumbs down it got from the retarded Bethderp drones.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Good video. Good critic. Shooting him down because it's all been said before is decline. It can never be said enough.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
To be honest while he makes well documented complaints and observations similar to the way they were done in the Codex before, he actually makes it very graphic by showing the actual games (especially the faceoff with The Master) and that sort of pulled my strings in ways 10 threads of "Fallout 3 is blasphemy" and the usual Codex wiseassery had not...

I always knew that the game itself was just a Fallout theme park with all sorts of pastiches which harkened to previous Fallout factions and themes, but maybe I dont have as much reverence for the originals to be so offended... but now I feel it not only pisses on the Fallout "Legacy" but the fucking game is an insult to any thinking person just on the way it is set up; stupid quests, stupid dialogue, inane main quest, poor reactivity and so forth
This review actually opened my eyes guys, I didnt mind playing the game because I liked the Fallout themed setting and the tipical Bethesda gameworld exploration...plus yeah VATS and exploding heads are fun but now finally I can say that the point came though, VD excellent review was critical but ultimately not very fiery and again I was kind of lost on the pretty kill cam but now I renounce this piece of shit which I have erased from my hard drive forever

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
FQ5JrTw.jpg

Shame he's so cu-ck like in appearance
That basement still cracks me up.

Would've been wholly unironic if he got swarmed by black widows.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The super sad thing about Fallout 4 is that after New Vegas (and to a certain extent Skyrim) Todd could have sat down and tried a little harder to make better storylines, better narrative, better quests... just something but I can totally see him with a shit eating grin saying "New Vegas... yeah we are doing our own thing here" before coming out with a piece of shit which even popamolers like Angry Joe called dubed down and disappointing. Fallout 4 is like a continuation of the decline of Fallout 3 so nobody expected much improvements but still
I than god they never got the rights to Stalker or they would have turned that into Call of Eastern Europe in seconds.
I like Fallout but frankly I am not a diehard but love Stalker so much... better to let it rest in peace

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Stopped watching at 52 seconds after he said "Fallout 4 could be contender for game of the year". lul

Did you bother hearing him?

He says you have to enjoy shooters for Fallout 4 to be GOTY. Later on he explains in detail that basically you have to love exploration and so on, which is why the Bethtards love Fallout 4 so much.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Did you bother hearing him?

He says you have to enjoy shooters for Fallout 4 to be GOTY. Later on he explains in detail that basically you have to love exploration and so on, which is why the Bethtards love Fallout 4 so much.

I love shooters and very much enjoy exploring things, and indeed those 2 things are probably what F4 does best, but sadly this is like saying that a giant turd is very good at being smelly and malleable. It's finest qualities are mediocre at best when compared to actual shooters and whatnot. I tried, I mean really tried to squeeze some fun out of it by modding to hell, ignoring the godawful quests, turning up the difficulty, and pretending it was a Fallout-themed Stalker game, but all that did was accentuate just how utterly average those elements were. There are no conditions under which F4 could be game of the year.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I love shooters and very much enjoy exploring things, and indeed those 2 things are probably what F4 does best, but sadly this is like saying that a giant turd is very good at being smelly and malleable. It's finest qualities are mediocre at best when compared to actual shooters and whatnot. I tried, I mean really tried to squeeze some fun out of it by modding to hell, ignoring the godawful quests, turning up the difficulty, and pretending it was a Fallout-themed Stalker game, but all that did was accentuate just how utterly average those elements were. There are no conditions under which F4 could be game of the year.

He never says Fallout 4 could be GOTY or even a contender for GOTY. He says that from a preference point of view, not from a "reviewers" point of view. For example, The Witcher 3 could have never been my GOTY simply because I can't play it (lel), so whatever I played was a contender for my GOTY (last year I would say it was Gothic, if only because it was much more fun than Planescape: Torment).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I liked first person shooters, when FO3 was released, and even as a FPS - it failed.
For some people some aspects of the game made it playable but that's mostly because they did not played better games with these aspects made better...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I liked first person shooters, when FO3 was released, and even as a FPS - it failed.
I think shooting design was the failure, they tried to make it fps without weapon targeting zoom. NV shooting fells much better

Bigger problem was that Small Guns increase damage and not overall weapon performance (handling, aiming, swaying, etc.), in NV it was better but still not perfect.

canakin

Cipher
When Fallout 3 was released, I pirated it and played for like an hour then I googled "Fallout 3 dogshit" and that's how I found Codex. True story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom