Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress How could Itz happen to me?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Do you feel the warp overtaking you yet?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ohgod2.jpg
Looking forward to playing with Ricchan in the evening です. Also: In before "Hirato uses KDE, what a loser!"

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
just get to lvl 8 and we'll party up.
she looks pretty.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
No worries bro, I did a little extra; Right now I'm next to the "Buzzard Camp" portal in front of a merchant named Bella.

EDIT: I didn't name her Tiger Princess for nothing! Alternative reading, Torahime was taken
EDIT2: Just ping me on steam when you're ready to roll.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Oh wow, so I didn't move at all until I logged in again?
And that took so long I missed out on in this video :(

RK47

Patron
Looking for a rich guy to sponsor our guild. Need just USD 6 for the 100 G purchase from Gold Farmers.
:M LundB - senpai? We'll make a mention of you in every video and may create a facebook guild page with your name on it.

:( Please? You get to name our guild :oops:

RK47

Patron
Meanwhile Hirato tried creating a character on the side of Free Knights and discovered a horrible truth...
lol.png

RK47

Patron
Honestly, like Hirato has said in-game, 'after a few hours in game the T&A is becoming less and less noticeable.'
What kills me is that this game hasn't evolved much from the original Lineage 2 engine - the addition of quest is one thing but the application is pretty much shit, no public quests and lack of scripted events in open world is pretty much proof this game is a real dinosaur in terms of gameplay.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
For the record, I ran out of quests at level 19 and 20 (I think), roughly when I was 90% and 80% through them respectively.
You'll get flooded with a bunch the moment you level up.

Otherwise, my second character is around level 21 and the quests show no sign of becoming low in supply.
So don't hate on the quests too much yet, we were just messing around whilst orange caught up.
Whilst the writing is above average for an MMO, the quests never really evolve beyond the shallow and linear go to X/Talk to Y/Kill Z variety/use W/ variety.
Also, we've reached all the requirements for the other quests, except for the quest progression requirements; we basically have to clear the dungeon to get them.

In case anyone wonders what happened to me during the dungeon run, network problems, take that screenshot of mine from the previous page, and apply that to the whole town, when that happens I can't do anything except talk; cue whining.
I can run around, and initiate actions, but this information is never sent to other clients, and that means I'm completely stuck and will need to either a) wait for the server to boot me or b) kill the game.

You'll probably have noticed there are quests types like Repeat and Daily, the daily ones will become more prominent around level 20.

ohgod6.jpg

RK's main complaint with the quests is the lack of assist XP, look at that, the daily quests are pretty much the main quests goals, which you'll be going over in turn.
Also, I kind of like playing a shadow walker on a dungeon run, almost feels like special ops, actually sneaking past enemies to get at those you want and ignoring those you don't want yet.

stabby

Learned
Whilst the writing is above average for an MMO...

Okay, I'm not one who's delved into many MMOs, but dear God please tell me you're joking.

And since I've been roped into trying out the game myself I will agree that the T&A factor does fall into the background after a while (well, until you pick up some new armor that is), but I am finding it somewhat strange how so far my Dual-Pistol Loli is breezing through everything while Amazon McTankTitties is already struggling to keep her HP afloat. I'm still at an earlier point in game for them, but I figured at this point in the game it should be the reverse.

Oh well.

RK47

Patron
Whilst the writing is above average for an MMO...

Okay, I'm not one who's delved into many MMOs, but dear God please tell me you're joking.

And since I've been roped into trying out the game myself I will agree that the T&A factor does fall into the background after a while (well, until you pick up some new armor that is), but I am finding it somewhat strange how so far my Dual-Pistol Loli is breezing through everything while Amazon McTankTitties is already struggling to keep her HP afloat. I'm still at an earlier point in game for them, but I figured at this point in the game it should be the reverse.

Oh well.

Burst DPS > Tank Survivability when soloing. But when put in a team dungeon for 5 - with full array of classes, tanking with burst DPS class is not going to cut it.

RK47

Patron
The Crazy Romance Continues Baby~

47.jpg
RK-san what do we do nao~ ^_^
rk.jpg
I believe when we stopped the other day, we wanted to get you a bike to ride on...
47.jpg
OK ^_^
01.jpg

02.jpg

47.jpg
Is that so? You keep that big one zipped up, buddy. I'm only interested in a Bike.
rk.jpg
Yeah, she's only interested in MINE! Lay off, nigga!
03.jpg

04.jpg

47.jpg
:mad:
rk.jpg
:roll:

So we got a pet.

05.jpg

I suppose when leveled up this guy will help us attack and pick up items. Should be useful. Of course nothing is free in the land of Best Korea RPG. You gotta feed it, and pet food costs money.

47.jpg
RK-san, incoming call~
06.jpg

rk.jpg
:eek: Tell me moar.
07.jpg

rk.jpg
Go on...
08.jpg

47.jpg
-.-
rk.jpg
What? WHAT?
47.jpg
Hmph. Incoming message from Carl.
rk.jpg
What up, nigga?
09.jpg

carl.jpg
We're short on soldiers, though, so I sent my aid Alvin along with a recruit, but they never reported at the camp. Something must've gone wrong. They last transponded near the Derelict Tunnel. Please go see what's holding them up.
47.jpg
Commander RK-san~
rk.jpg
Yes?
47.jpg
What's transponded mean?
rk.jpg
Mmm. When doing patrols the officers/soldiers are supposed to bring these devices to tag check points. This is to make sure patrols don't cheat on their routes. Once they finish their patrol, the Commanders will check their transponders read out to make sure they hit all points.
47.jpg
Wow. You smart. How you know this?
rk.jpg
Trust me babe. I know things. A lot of things. Ask me about the Fourth Crusade...go on.
47.jpg
Me love too.... but there is script prompting me to give you another mission, please hit exclamation mark, RK-san.
rk.jpg
Sigh ok, what do you have now?
47.jpg
Commander, I noticed an odd tower just outside the settlement, at the top of a long switchback. People say it emits a strange hum that keeps the settlers up at night, as though a thousand bugs are seething wihin. Even the Arkana won't go near it, but I can't help but be curious about what's up there.
rk.jpg
Well, I'm sure there's reward so let's do it.
47.jpg
I heard one person say that a life form from the Stygian genus crash-landed in town, and now occupies the tower. Whether that's true or not; the settlers are apparently terrified. There's only one way to know for sure; you up for a hike?
rk.jpg
47.jpg
Commander? Are YOU up for it?
rk.jpg
HUH?! Oh yeah YEAH! I am up. I'm just admiring correct use of punctuation, spelling and grammar in a Korean MMO.
47.jpg
You worry me sometime, Commander. Ah more transmissions..
10.jpg

rk.jpg
Man, dem golden leaves...
11.jpg

rk.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cher.jpg
Consumable items, like hypovials, are of the most utmost importance. They can be expensive, but they might just save your life. You never know what kind of danger you may face out there. Always be prepared for whatever the Surface may throw at you. Go pay Pon, the warehouse manager a visit. Once you start stockpiling items, you're going to need a place to store them.
rk.jpg
K.
47.jpg
More message from Idel...
12.jpg

rk.jpg
Meh.... too small.
idel.jpg
Wow, you must be really good if you think it's a small problem for you... anyway, if you're going to go in and shut them down, you'll need to fight your way past those creepy Wormoles.
rk.jpg
OK, auto-travel, and kill.
13.jpg

rk.jpg
Indeed, Idel. Indeed.
47.jpg
Shall we go?
rk.jpg
Straddle your bike, missy. Let's ride!

RK47

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom