Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How long til...

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
The bis kids accept that Jeffy's dead?

Voss

Erudite
Never.

The magical license fairy will save it for them.

Voss

Erudite
Don't provoke them. You *know* they overreact to the slightest hint of change- even if it is pure speculation or bullshit.

Spazmo

Erudite
Jefferson isn't dead! It was just kidnapped by Feargus and Avellone when they left and they'll finish it and it'll be great! However, it'll only run on computers made of love and unicorn bones.

Jed

Cipher
Rabby said:
Ack. . . please tell me you're joking. . .
Well, we'll see how close the reality is once J.E. is finished raping--er, I mean "balancing" SPECIAL. I mean, it is so broken y'know, that's why Fallout sucked: it was just too darned complicated for "the masses."

Spazmo

Erudite
This got me reading a couple topics at IPLY and I'm always amazed at the funny stuff you'll find over there. For instance, one IPLYer seems to think that the Infnity Engine is... flexible! Hah! Never mind that it's loaded with more hard-coded idiocy than you can shake a stick at.

What I always found funny was that they bitched incessantly about us complaining about FO:BOS, saying there wasn't enough information to go on, when they'd make 200 post threads speculating about a game that didn't even have a website and now basically doesn't exist at all.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

Walks with the Snails said:
What I always found funny was that they bitched incessantly about us complaining about FO:BOS, saying there wasn't enough information to go on, when they'd make 200 post threads speculating about a game that didn't even have a website and now basically doesn't exist at all.

Heh, I never thought of that. If I ever see those forums again that will be my main comeback.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Walks with the Snails said:

They even made a number of fan sites for Jefferson, no less. I wouldn't be shocked if those sites are still around even though we all know the game is defunct.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Van Buren, which we all know is Fallout 3, didn't get cancelled before it came out either. With IPLY's current development climate for anything other than Digital Mayhem games, I wouldn't count on something being released until it's on the shelves.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Well.. I was looking forward to Jefferson. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. It's too bad it was canceled; but it's time to move on. Now, hoping for FO3. Dunno though. From IWD2 beingc rappy, and Jeffy's cancellation; it's hard to "keep the faith".

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
BG3/Jeffy probably would have been interesting. They seem to have put a lot of work into it. Between MCA and JE I'm sure they were able to spark at least a couple ideas to make the game worth playing. I can see why it's canning prompted MCA to say aloha. Would suck to have so much of you work chucked just because the head honchos couldn't get their shit together.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
I thought Jefferson sounded kinda interesting and I too am a bit bummed about its cancellation.

Still it is fun to go over to the IPLY boards and read the posts of all the despairing folks who simply cannot accept that the next game planned to come out of BIS is non-fantasy. I daresay these are the folks who were clamoring for mutliple playable races and keep creating threads like " Katanas in FO3 - how many should there be?"

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
What I thought was even more funny were all the people saying that Feargus was quitting was just a rumor, for weeks after it was announced. They're the Bury your head in the sandingest bunch of fans EVAR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom