Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder How to enjoy playing Kingmaker?

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
Play in short sessions. Sometimes long sessions can end up burning you out. Try to edge yourself in slowly. Play for an hour or so. Then take a break and play something else.
In the past i thought so too.
Maybe there are short session games which are good.
But there aren't.

If you don't want to play a game for 5 hours at a row that only means that said game is shit.
When you encounter that thought it's a clear sign that you should drop the turd.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Play Dark Souls instead, it's 10 times the better game. Do you think because you see your character from a top-down perspective this makes it all a serious intellectual, tactical and strategic experience? You just click on enemies and the game works automatically, rtwp is essentially less engaging than diablo-like gameplay. It has a "let the AI handle the fights" function, FFS. Yeah, you're feeling it... I can see your pain, the tears coming up, I need to taste them. R00fles!

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Kingmaker with the turn-based mod was pretty fun.
The ability to toggle makes it great. No need to use turn-based for trash mobs, unless you like spending hours per gaming session.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom