Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I think it's sad

Flink

Liturgist
I like "Slow" battles that allow for more time to micro. In SC/WC3 and a few others (Nexus, WH40:DoW comes to mind.) you have the time to move units around. Use special abilities, retreat some untis and move fresh ones up to the front and so on. In most other RTS games the battles are too quick for this kind of thing. (For me anyway.)

I also like to know the stats of my units. How much damage they do, the exact number of HP, the range of their attacks, that sort of thing.

Like stated, each to his own. And I'm still a huge fan of TA for its other aspects. It is, without a doubt, one of the best RTS games ever even though it's battles are a bit too quick/chaotic for my taste.

roguefrog

Liturgist
The slower battles are the equivalent of smaller battles. Less units = more managable. The games you mentioned reflect that. TA is large scale, epic in scope. (although the game is flexible enough to emulate other RTS when online) You won't mirco a single unit or a small groups (1-12), but large groups. (20-80+)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom