Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Icewind Dale is a very boring, bad game

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Icewind dale must be played with a underpowered party/characters, without savescumming and cheesy tactics/strategy (rest everytime, i.e). It will be boring otherwise.
Yeah, I remember once I made a party where I basically accepted average rolls. I actually had to think about combat, not simply buff up, go in, and fuck everything up. I would however add that you still should reroll your Mage to have the highest possible Con and Dex. Your Mage getting one hit killed by goblins and skeletons is just not fun.
that is always how I play IWD and I only use 1 mage. I hate casting a bunch of spells anyway, and I won't rest until everyone has used all their spells. But usually I only have 1 mage and 1 cleric and sometimes a bard.
I can't play without a druid, i my head it's canon that every single party that goes through Icewind Dale has a druid.

Anyhow, all this talking about IWD triggered me, all hail the Bloodbath Company:
EamipID.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anyhow, all this talking about IWD triggered me, all hail the Bloodbath Company:

I was about to give you a brofist then noticed you use EE.
None of the changes in the EE disturb me, I simply don't use anything that's been added because I think it breaks any semblance of difficulty ("yeah, let's add the half-orc, what difference could it make")

Icewind dale must be played with a underpowered party/characters, without savescumming and cheesy tactics/strategy (rest everytime, i.e). It will be boring otherwise.
Yeah, I remember once I made a party where I basically accepted average rolls. I actually had to think about combat, not simply buff up, go in, and fuck everything up. I would however add that you still should reroll your Mage to have the highest possible Con and Dex. Your Mage getting one hit killed by goblins and skeletons is just not fun.
that is always how I play IWD and I only use 1 mage. I hate casting a bunch of spells anyway, and I won't rest until everyone has used all their spells. But usually I only have 1 mage and 1 cleric and sometimes a bard.
I can't play without a druid, i my head it's canon that every single party that goes through Icewind Dale has a druid.

EamipID.png
is that the enhanced edition? They did make the sprites look a lot nicer. I can understand the druid thing, since there is a heavy druid influence in the games narrative.

Yeah that's clearly the EE; the character sprites are way less defined in the original. Personally I don't mind it though, the low-res sprites combined with the painted backgrounds gives a somewhat impressionist or pointalist feel to the art that works pretty well I think.

Man. I've said it before, and I'll say it again (gotta harvest those retadred ratings), but IWD truly is the best of the IE games. Guess it's time to boot it up again and revisit an old friend. :love:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

I do this with every party based dnd like game. I just feel like there's this whole unique spell class that always gets ignored, and I have to have as many spells as I can.

Saxon1974

Prophet
IWD has possibly the best atmosphere of any game ever. Music is great too. Everything else you said is true, it's just a string of fights one after another. I could never get more than about half way through it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom