Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline IGN: "How Fallout and Baldur's Gate Changed RPGs Forever"

TOUGH GUY

Educated
To this day, the music in Baldur's Gate makes me want to go on an adventure. And the scary Fallout soundtrack still gives me goose bumps.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You should have said that Feargus, Tim, Leonard and co were in this video. I skipped over at it at first because I thought it was just going to be some IGN dudes babbling.

Last edited:

pippin

IGN: "Fallout changed RPGs forever. Without it, we wouldn't have Fallout 3 and 4."

Preorder links to Fallout 4 DLC below

"Hello, Somberlain. The fourth installment of Fallout is indeed worthy of high praise. Please make sure to buy and enjoy its content. Support good game developers!"

t.

I+cannot+wait+to+use+all+8+gb+of+ram+_9172861bb2452a7eeafa938d7c10c03f.png

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To this day, the music in Baldur's Gate makes me want to go on an adventure. And the scary Fallout soundtrack still gives me goose bumps.

Posterity has underrated the BG1 main theme so much because everyone has only played the sequel because it makes top 10 lists

naossano

Cipher
At least IGN video actually shown us some games that actually tried to follow those games blueprint, and not the false sequels.

Although, i am more intrigued by Feargus saying that Van Buren is the second of the three versions of Fallout 3. I wonder what the first version was supposed to be...

tormund

Arcane
At least IGN video actually shown us some games that actually tried to follow those games blueprint, and not the false sequels.

Although, i am more intrigued by Feargus saying that Van Buren is the second of the three versions of Fallout 3. I wonder what the first version was supposed to be...
Probably one that was closer to Bethesda's ultimately released version, but one they couldn't realize back then due to tech and budget limitations hence them dropping it and going with safer Van Buren...

Prime Junta

Chris Van Buren and Josh Van Buren? They sound like Bond villains if Bond villains were evil Dutch twins.

eXalted

Arcane
Probably one that was closer to Bethesda's ultimately released version, but one they couldn't realize back then due to tech and budget limitations hence them dropping it and going with safer Van Buren...
Ah, the irony.

naossano

Cipher

Wrong thread.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/trigger-the-codex-with-a-statement.112015/

Morkar Left

First couple of sentences are already pure nonsense regarding tabletop rpgs. BG shows only the enhanced versions with new intro, with a 1998 tag on it it's even misleading... All in all it looks like someone was forced to do it as part of web series. At least they have some developers in there.

jaydee2k

Savant

Fallout 1's soundtrack is the one and only. It gets you in a perfect mood right from the starting dungeon. Simply beautiful work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom