Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Immersive Sims

Terenty

Liturgist

Looking forward to this

There's a demo on steam and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Basically STALKER with a car. Feels rather high budget and polished for such a unique concept and pretty hardcore from what I understand.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It doesn't look good.

Looks like an asset flip that Pajeet and Rajesh made in a weekend.

I agree.

There is something fishy with this game. There is absolutly no information about the dev/publisher.

They only have an utube channel and the 1st video was posted on May 2023.

The demo's performance is crap. I don't understand how this demo was advertised on the 1st page of SteamFest.

Because I'm a bored sick fuck I wanted to find more.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199509526533/posthistory/

Thank you for the comment! Always wanted to make System Shock 3, but the brand is trapped by EA. So the game is called Lonely Space, but at its core it is System Shock's successor.

Thank you for the comment!

As mentioned above, we know about performance issues and will fix them as soon as possible!

Regarding the dismemberment of enemies and improved impact. Of course that would be great. But unfortunately now we do not have enough human resources for this. The game is far from AAA and will be sold significantly less than full price.

As was written above, the atmosphere will improve in detail. Thanks for the ideas!

Agreed about items, need to improve items interaction in future.

The developers is considering the feedback. P.S.: The game has just a one developer ;)

This is just another delusional autist which believes that he will implement SS3 by force of will.

Basically the chances for this project to be finished or be at least decent are close to nil.

Case closed.

Last edited:

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
There's a demo on steam and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Basically STALKER with a car. Feels rather high budget and polished for such a unique concept and pretty hardcore from what I understand.
I also enjoyed the demo, but it is nothing like Stalker other than being set in a zone full of anomalies. It's a walking sim/crafting game with a chill yet uneasy vibe. Pretty slow paced too, definitely not for everyone. File it next to Chernobylite as another game inspired by Stalker but replacing Stalker's gameplay with your typical crafting stuff. The car is a nice twist but not sure it'll remaining engaging for a 15-20 hour playthrough (according to the devs). Still, a good job was done making the setting unique and atmospheric.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Delusional autists powering through by force of will is how we still get decent games these days.
Yes, but for every Brigand Oaxaca or Cruelty Squad that exists there is a hundred barely functioning Redaxiums. It's best to bet on what you can see when it comes to indie games, and looking at Lonely Space all I see is a clunky & janky asset flip and that if you told me the lead dev was living in an Indian mudhut I would believe you. Of course I am always welcome to be proven wrong in these matters, if it ends up being good then I'll be happy to try it.

Spukrian

Savant
Hmm...? Maybe not an immersive sim...

Seems very linear. I didn't like that at first you smash the power source for the forcefield with a melee attack but later can't and have to shoot it instead.

The developer claims to have never played any System Shock game!

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Delusional autists powering through by force of will is how we still get decent games these days.
Yes, but for every Brigand Oaxaca or Cruelty Squad that exists there is a hundred barely functioning Redaxiums. It's best to bet on what you can see when it comes to indie games, and looking at Lonely Space all I see is a clunky & janky asset flip and that if you told me the lead dev was living in an Indian mudhut I would believe you. Of course I am always welcome to be proven wrong in these matters, if it ends up being good then I'll be happy to try it.
Just played some of the demo and you are 100% correct and probably even a little too generous in your assessment. I'd say it's the indie immersive sim version of The Day Before, except it doesn't make sense to be a cash grab because there's no cash to grab in the indie immersive sim market. That means it's someone's genuine project. Anyway I couldn't play very far because Unity stutter made it literally unplayable. But I did get far enough to enjoy some horrible AI voices reading hacky typo-riddled dialogues.
Hmm...? Maybe not an immersive sim...

Was actually wrong on this one, although it's not an immersive sim. Very linear Doom 3 style game. Lots of jank but at least feels like it has a soul. From a reddit post I saw, looks like a solo dev project - guy has been working on in his free time for eight years. Final game will probably be very limited in scope (the demo was mostly walking down linear hallways), but something about it made me wish I could keep playing when the demo ended. Will probably check it out if it ever makes it to full release.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Went to look up Militsioner out of curiosity. Damn, that's the stuff of nightmares.

Spukrian

Savant
Survival horror immersive sim with an interesting sanity mechanic:

Just released a few days ago!

Here's a review:

I didn't watch the entire thing because I don't want spoilers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom