Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
One of the few things Requiem does right

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
After watching "Elder Scrolls dumbed down" I decided Oblivion and Skyrim suck and the only worthy game is Morrowind, where you can kill everyone, where choices matter, where factions matter. Hail to Skywind.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nothing beat this Morrowind you're stranger in strange land and nobody cares about you being chosen one (aside from King Henselth send Assassins while you're level one nobody :retarded:) dig some crap for me will ya boy feeling +M. But Skyrim tweaked to delay the high level quests and DLCs is good too; you really have to work hard to earn Nord respect in Reqiem Skyrim. Did 10 quests for Companions and they still treat me as Mead boy. :incline:

Eyeball

Arcane
Requiem is almost the opposite of LARP, to be honest. Unless your LARPing group happens to be a Mongolian horde sweeping across Asia murdering motherfucking everything and everyone. Rather than pretend I am the noble elven princess Lady Dingleberry, I find myself scrounging for every single coin I can find in order to pay for training and spells in order to not die in every single fight I enter. If anything, it's a powwahgamers paradise - git gud or git ded.

Just leveled destruction to 75 and got to pick a lightning spell that has unlimited range, 100% accuracy and kills giants in roughly 3 seconds. I am become death, destroyer of Worlds!

Moments like this is what makes Requiem worth it: after spending hours being the proverbial gimp to everything in the gameworld, I now feel like katana-armed Bruce Willis instead. This type of rewarding feeling is absent from 90% of modern video games and it's really great to see it modded back in.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Congratulations on succeeding through your self-imposed limitashuns

Moments like this is what makes Requiem worth it: after spending hours being the proverbial gimp to everything in the gameworld, I now feel like katana-armed Bruce Willis instead. This type of rewarding feeling is absent from 90% of modern video games and it's really great to see it modded back in.
Yes, the best thing about CRPGs was always grind-based challenge

hell bovine

Arcane
2. Elements matter. Pyromages take less damage from fire spells, nords are much harder to kill with ice damage than fire. This also concerns your summoning spells - I was stuck for about 15 minutes near a room filled with pyromages with fireball staffs. After watching my own skeleton warlocks get blasted over and over Again, I wised up and summoned a fire atronach WHO turned out to be a lot less flammable than the pyromages and soloed the room.

3. Many spells are pretty exploitable.

Raise Dead on Fire Mage - watch them duel instead.
Conjurers are pretty imba when you focus on Necromancy.
Dual Summoning perk can toss out a lot of pain if you do it right. Raise Dead 2 Fire Mages and clear dungeon with no problem.
Raise a giant and clear a camp without taking a scratch.
It's not just necromancy. You can beat Requiem with conjuration alone. Necromancy is overpowered early on, but later summoning picks up as well - ghostly werewolves can slice even dragonpriests to ashy bits, dual cast spectral arrow does insane damage (you can take out those pesky gargoyles with it), and ghostly steed is like playing a racing game in Skyrim. Teleport vitals works only on human(ish) enemies, but it is an instant-kill spell.

I guess Requiem gives grinding a new meaning.

5445.jpg
"...which I am not going to explain because you wouldn't understand anyway."

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Excidium, if you hate Requiem so much why don't you go make a better mod? Didn't think so, so STFU.

:M

9 in 10 scientists agree that it is impossible to make a better mod than Requiem.

So DraQ what is your load order? Same for you CK? I don't need RK's because it likely consists of the lovers lab collection.

Code:
GameMode=Skyrim
Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Falskaar.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
XFLMain.esm=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp=1
Better Dynamic Snow.esp=1
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp=1
FishingInSkyrim.esp=1
Immersive Battles.esp=1
Immersive Brigands.esp=1
Immersive Dawnguard.esp=1
Immersive Dragonborn.esp=1
Immersive Factions.esp=1
Immersive Mercenaries.esp=1
Immersive Patrols.esp=1
Immersive Travelers.esp=1
Immersive Werewolves.esp=1
Moss Rocks.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
SkyTweak.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Dawnguard.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Hearthfire.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Dragonborn.esp=1
HarvestOverhaulDawnguardDragonborn.esp=1
HarvestOverhaulSalmonRoe.esp=1
HarvestOverhaulCreaturesDawnguardHearthfireDragonborn.esp=1
Requiem.esp=1
Requiem - Resources.esp=1
Requiem - SIC Patch - DLC2.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp=1
Requiem - Falskaar.esp=1
Requiem - Dragonborn.esp=1
Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch.esp=1
Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch - HearthFires.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Requiem - SIC Patch.esp=1
Requiem - Skytest Animals&Predators Patch - Dragonborn.esp=1
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp=1
Inconsequential NPCs.esp=1
MzarkWonders.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
WoodsmansShack.esp=1
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-RequiemPatch.esp=1
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
WeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp=1
SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC and Falskaar.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp=1
DG-NoAttacks.esp=1
Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp=1
Horse Whisper.esp=1
Upgrade Leveled Items Spell.esp=1
BFSEffects.esp=1
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp=1
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
Enhanced Soul Trap.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp=1
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp=1
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
RND_Requiem-Patch.esp=1
RND_USKP-Patch.esp=1
HothFollower.esp=1
XFLDialogue.esp=1
XFLPlugins.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-XFLPatch.esp=1
3DNPCEFF.esp=1
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp=1
Annoying Navi.esp=1
DwemerDroidCompanion.esp=1
CerwidenCompanion.esp=1
EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp=1
EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp=1
Followers_StealthKills.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp=1
rcrnShaders.esp=1
RCRNvolumetric.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
WATER DB Waves.esp=1
RND_Water-Patch.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

Dunno why I added the follower mods, I don't even use them. Cerwiden likes to take off her clothes and parade in her undies at Whiterun's tavern, so I also count her as an atmospheric addition (prostitute).

Last edited:

roll-a-die

Magister
So DraQ what is your load order? Same for you CK? I don't need RK's because it likely consists of the lovers lab collection.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I find that even with requiem you still have to severely limit yourself because everything in the fucking game can be exploited to hell. Although I must say also that i feel kind of sad, as my level 26 requiem dawnguard dude is dead (I made myself ironman to avoid all possible save scumming). He died because serena or serana or whatever the fuck her name is missed with her icy lance spell, which flew past the sabre cat we were lolhunting for alchemical eyes and ended up hitting a giant in the leg. The giant proceeded to chase me down and one shot me. Guess that imperial wasn't the chosen dragonborn after all.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Killing bandits and mudcrabs over and over certainly isn't grinding. Progress on Requiem is entirely up to the player, you just need to git gud, skilled players can beat even the strongest enemy.

And installing a larper mod and pretending that's how a "good" skyrim would be certainly isn't some self-imposed limitashun. The game certainly recognizes that you are a mere nobody coming out of nowhere, after all the main plotline doesn't revolve entirely around you at all.

Killing bandits and mudcrabs over and over certainly isn't grinding.

Sounds like vanilla got you covered already, then - you can kill dragons at level 5. :thumbsup:

edit: okay, to make this less of a shitpost: Unless you are sitting in town resting for days at a time, enemies don't respawn fast enough for that to be a productive tactic. Do you mean that just playing the game and killing weak enemies along the way while avoiding stronger ones counts as grinding?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Because vanilla dragons are dumb and weak. And of course level scaling. Two things I've been looking for quality mods to address.

All you people can do is fap to Requiem over and over as if it's the ultimate solution to every Skyrim issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom