Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In appreciation of TIE Fighter.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Version 1.3 is out! Patch notes: https://sites.google.com/view/tie-fighter-total-conversion/changelog

Among other things it uses the latest updates in the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project that makes the game use the GPU for most graphics-related things instead of the CPU, making performance skyrocket.

It also adds the lastest advances in a project that is trying to make the music work as close as possible to the original iMuse system.

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
I decided to give this a try and so far am enjoying despite how it is handing my butt to me. Normal in this game seems to be equal to Freespace hard. Speaking of Freespace, I am missing that games QOL features such as being able to target enemies in the reticle and not dying on ship collision.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
The Stars Wars space sims are the only games that make me involuntarily duck or lean to the side in real life when I'm about to crash into another ship. They did such a good job with capturing the experience of flying a space ship.

9ted6

Educated
I don't think they'd make anything like this again without you having to defect in the first five seconds.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone tried this with a normal gamepad? I want to play, but I don't want to dig out the joystick.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Has anyone tried this with a normal gamepad? I want to play, but I don't want to dig out the joystick.
I downloaded the most recent version of the total conversion. There's a small community of people who created gamepad profiles for it. One profile using JoyToKey for the Xbox One controller has mapped almost every function and shortcut key of the game using "Long Presses" to activate other controller layers (I think there are like TEN seperate controller layers) It is the single most elaborate, complex, convoluted, and brain-melting thing I have ever seen in the way of controller schemes but I am quite impressed that someone put it together and I thank them for it though it is probably beyond most human comprehension to use it, I suspect, but some autistics and savants might make use of it. Other notes: TFTC is not really playable at 4K, I discovered. No UI scaling so the messages are too minuscule to see. The good news is that it still looks good at 1080p, unlike a lot of Freespace mods and TCs if you've gotten used to 4K. Btw, Freespace Open implemented proper UI scaling in 4K for the main games but TCs like the weeaboo Wings of Dawn didn't.

BMqqNXu.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom