Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In appreciation of TIE Fighter.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Micro-issues :hahano: Just had a flashback to Cleve's 10+ year tenure on this forum.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The Empire is on the verge of success. Soon peace and order will be restored throughout the galaxy...

XWAU + Patch 4 (required): https://xwaupgrade.com/download/installers/XWAU2020.exe + https://xwaupgrade.com/download/installers/XWAU2020update_v4.0.exe
TFTC: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tie-figh...ds/tie-fighter-total-conversion-tftc-v10-full

Perfect timing too. I don´t have to return to the office until the 19th.

EDIT: Some impresions...
1) My god this is beautiful. I'm getting a bit teary-eyed
2) Amazing how some instincts have remained over the years. The hotkeys, the maneuvers, the way to examine the interface and react...
3) The configuration tool has some neat settings, including reducing Bloom or disabling it completety
4) Jesus Christ I need to tone down the Force Feedback settings for my joystick, ow my arm.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it's on the alliance engine? I always felt it was more arcady than the Tie Fighter engine, but maybe that was because of the game...

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Well, I tried installing this after carefully making sure I had a fresh instance of X-wing Alliance and the latest build of the XWAU mod and was rewarded with a fatal error that not only crashed the Tie Fighter TC installer with a list of errors as long as your favorite girl-gams but windows explorer too. I'll try again another day.

Luka-boy

Arcane
RobotSquirrel As far as I can tell from the config tool, it's possible to set it up to play the game with your mouse like you could do in the original. Just in case you don't want to wait.
cMG625h.png

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:necro:

AngelTFTC has released the final version of the TIE Fighter Total Conversion project. TIE Fighter Total Conversion brings all the missions of the classic 1994 LucasArts game TIE Fighter, into the 1999 X-Wing Alliance (XWA) engine.

As its description reads:

“Based on the original TFTC from 2005 and built upon the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project, this is a complete overhaul of the game from graphics to gameplay. All 13 battle campaigns and their training missions have been ported over along with 8 Reimagined battle campaigns, taking advantage of the much better XWA engine and imagining how TIE Fighter could’ve been had the technology of the time not limited it. But here’s a general breakdown of what you can expect from this mod.”

You can download TIE Fighter Total Conversion from here. Below you can also find its key features.

• A full port of all the Classic TIE Fighter missions. This includes the expansions Defender of the Empire and Enemies of the Empire – a total of 76 campaign missions + the 28 original Training missions. This includes all the original voiceovers and cutscenes.
  • A Reimagined campaign of the first 8 Battles of TIE Fighter. These take the original missions, expand upon them for more ships, bigger battles. Additionally, and in some cases, it completely builds new missions out of them but retaining the same overall narrative and story points of the original Classic. This campaign includes 37 fully playable campaign missions + 4 updated training scenarios.
  • That’s a total of 145 unique missions between both the Classic and Reimagined versions!
  • Enjoy the amazing updated visuals for the X-Wing Alliance engine thanks to the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project (XWAU), bringing this 22 year old game into the modern era of graphics.
  • VR Support, again thanks to the XWAU project.
  • Enjoy a fully remastered TIE Fighter soundtrack or even load up the old original MIDI soundtrack!
  • Rank up, collect memorabilia and earn medals in your pilot room as you progress!
  • Join the Secret Order of the Emperor as you play through and rank up those tattoos just like the original.
Have fun!

yellowcake

Arcane
:necro:

AngelTFTC has released the final version of the TIE Fighter Total Conversion project. TIE Fighter Total Conversion brings all the missions of the classic 1994 LucasArts game TIE Fighter, into the 1999 X-Wing Alliance (XWA) engine.

As its description reads:

“Based on the original TFTC from 2005 and built upon the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project, this is a complete overhaul of the game from graphics to gameplay. All 13 battle campaigns and their training missions have been ported over along with 8 Reimagined battle campaigns, taking advantage of the much better XWA engine and imagining how TIE Fighter could’ve been had the technology of the time not limited it. But here’s a general breakdown of what you can expect from this mod.”

You can download TIE Fighter Total Conversion from here. Below you can also find its key features.

• A full port of all the Classic TIE Fighter missions. This includes the expansions Defender of the Empire and Enemies of the Empire – a total of 76 campaign missions + the 28 original Training missions. This includes all the original voiceovers and cutscenes.
  • A Reimagined campaign of the first 8 Battles of TIE Fighter. These take the original missions, expand upon them for more ships, bigger battles. Additionally, and in some cases, it completely builds new missions out of them but retaining the same overall narrative and story points of the original Classic. This campaign includes 37 fully playable campaign missions + 4 updated training scenarios.
  • That’s a total of 145 unique missions between both the Classic and Reimagined versions!
  • Enjoy the amazing updated visuals for the X-Wing Alliance engine thanks to the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project (XWAU), bringing this 22 year old game into the modern era of graphics.
  • VR Support, again thanks to the XWAU project.
  • Enjoy a fully remastered TIE Fighter soundtrack or even load up the old original MIDI soundtrack!
  • Rank up, collect memorabilia and earn medals in your pilot room as you progress!
  • Join the Secret Order of the Emperor as you play through and rank up those tattoos just like the original.
Have fun!

Is there an option to disable the bloom shit?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I just felt a disturbance in the Force,as if thousands of lightsabers got erect at the same time

Comte

Well, I tried installing this after carefully making sure I had a fresh instance of X-wing Alliance and the latest build of the XWAU mod and was rewarded with a fatal error that not only crashed the Tie Fighter TC installer with a list of errors as long as your favorite girl-gams but windows explorer too. I'll try again another day.

I had the same shit happen to me fatal error.

Angel

Novice
Hello, Angel, TFTC project lead here.

Common installer issues:

If the installer is showing up an error message when installing TFTC, you MUST be sure you installed the XWAU Update 4 patch as well as the main Mega Patch. TFTC will not install properly otherwise. If in doubt, start again from scratch. Install progression goes like this:

Clean install of XWA --> XWAU Mega Patch --> XWAU Update 4 --> TFTC v1.0

Another possible reason for an error is permission denied, usually because of it being installed to a folder such as Program Files or other permissions issue.

If the installer is simply closing mid-way through install without an error, this is usually an issue with insufficient disk space on your C Drive. Make sure you have at the very least 20-30GB free as the installer extracts to the Windows Temp folder first, regardless if you install the game to another drive. If you are installing the game to your C drive, then we recommend at least 50GB of free space.

Finally we recommend if you use the Steam version, then don't run the game from Steam, rather just run the game from its own launcher or EXE file. XWA does not require DRM, so you can copy the folder anywhere you like.

Hope this helps :)

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

I had the same shit happen to me fatal error.

I neglected to install the second XWAU 2020 Update #4 patch. Once I did that, the Tie Fighter TC installed fine. So, ''dexbros... what's the consensus on this? Give us your review. Be brootal, be brootal!

thesecret1

Arcane
Goddamn this is difficult. I'm in mission five and cannot beat it for the life of me. :D I found out that destroying the transport that flies away at the start prevents Gold Wing from spawning, but even then all allied craft get obliterated after getting too close to the capital ship, and then it's just me in the slow as hell gunship versus many x-wings loaded with missiles

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
This mod looks ugly to me. It looks more modern and advanced but it's ugly, inconsistent and doesn't resemble the aesthetic of original star wars trilogy.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Does this mod still have all the cutscenes intact? Like where you talk to the imperial officer after each mission and you have the option of joining the secret cult? And all the stuff with the emperor and thrawn?

Example:
iu

Luka-boy

Arcane
Does this mod still have all the cutscenes intact?
Mostly yes.

The intro is not completely intact in the sense that the credits crawl at the very start and the very last part where the game's logo assembles in the middle of the screen after some TIE Interceptors fly by have been modified so the text is in HD. The little animated cutscene when launching your spaceship is also missing because you get X-Wing Alliance's pre-launch hangar bit where you configure your ship's secondary armament instead.

The rest seems identical as far as I can tell from the game files.

Like where you talk to the imperial officer after each mission
Not quite.

X-Wing Alliance cannot use the TIE Fighter briefing and debriefing screen system, so what happens is this:
1) You get audio (though it's possible to display the transcript) of the officer's briefing where he answers all the questions you could ask in the original, followed by the Secret Order envoy if he appears in that mission.
2) You get the tactical briefing with the map and the tokens etc.
3) As mentioned before, instead of the launch cutscene you spawn in the hangar to set up secondary systems.
4) After the mission, you get the officer's debriefing audio (with a transcript) followed by the Secret Order's envoy's if applicable.

and you have the option of joining the secret cult?
It's no longer an option. You WILL join the Secret Order because their objectives are now mandatory to win. There's simply no way to have X-Wing Alliance take into account if you completed secondary objectives or not in the debriefings so the devs decided this was the better workaround. Anyway that means you will get all the Secret Order promotion cutscenes as you progress through the game.

And all the stuff with the emperor and thrawn?
The mod includes the original campaign with its expansions exactly as it was 25 years ago and the Re-Imagined campaign follows exactly the same plot (though it's not finished yet and currently finishes after Tour 8), so yeah you get all that stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom