Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inferno: Beyond the 7th Circle - successor to The 7th Circle

Reapa

Doom Preacher
why the fuck did you make this shit with 4 dificulty options and then linear progress?
seriously, what were you thinking?
what is the reasoning behind such retarded design decisions?
why can't players just try stuff, get hurt, flee, come back later instead of being railroaded through mandatory grind that makes them overpowered half way through the game?

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Does the chance to successfully flee depend on one of the stats, or some skill?

I find the game fairly well balanced on Normal at least, but I do occassionally overestimate my chances and initiate a fight while missing too much hp/mana, to the point that I can't hope to win. In my experience, flee hardly ever succeeds - I tried many times on purpose, it was successful only once in something like thirty tries, and if not for that one success I would suspect that the feature is actually broken. Quick save/load do not work in combat for obvious reasons, so that leaves the options to either engage in a battle that has no hope of victory and get beaten on for a minute or two until death, or quiting to main menu. The latter is the obvious choice, but I find it rather immersion breaking.

tl;dr, flee needs lower success roll thresholds.

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer
Flee depends on your speed and on the distance between you and the enemy: if possible, try to move away from the enemy (or push him back with a throwing hammer) before try to flee.

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer
Hi! If you are interested, the game is currently on sale (-35%) on Steam and Gog. In available for Win, Linux and Mac on both stores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom