Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Infusion inventory

Codex Year of the Donut
the crayon-like drawings were better than the realistic 3d renders
kind of feeling like infusion will end up killing underrail's style tbh

agris

Arcane
Patron
the new environments look really nice, as did the avatar in the enviro, but that mashup of aliased 3d model and spite-style icons doesn't work.

i think if he's going 3d, he needs to adopt a skeuomorphic ui. have it look like something of utility that someone in the world of underrail would use. the old ui components mixed with the new 3d is discordant.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
the 3d model gives a wasteland 2 vibe (not good), hope he goes for paperdoll
my first thought was neoscavenger actually, and I like it. Even pockets in your pants. I wonder if one can expect foil bags

agris

Arcane
Patron
my first thought was neoscavenger actually, and I like it. Even pockets in your pants. I wonder if one can expect foil bags
the mechanic is cool, the visuals are not.

edit: neo scavenger doesn't use 3d models, fyi

Inventory.png

CHEMS

Scholar
...and all previous utility items will probably also be usable from inventory. Using items from inventory will cost a lot more AP / time than using them from pockets.
I really dig this

razvedchiki

Erudite
it looks really good and thought after, i guess if you have a backpack to carry stuff you will spent more ap to get them in combat compared to your easily accesed items in the plate carriers/belt.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Agreed but dont think its terribly important

what matters is gameplay and the idea itself, look at neo scavenger which has a similar system and looks like shit

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
we just used the old UI, there is going to be a new one ofc, just for development we use the old one because its faster to put stuff together, but yeah items will be either ingame 3dmodels or prerendered 3d models, its just easier for us, im much better with 3d than drawing and im sick of those 33x33pixel icons

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
example of prerendered item:

it allows us to make more versions easy (65,85,100 pixel wide) so its going to be easier to adapth to different screenresolutions (or have a larger image for the tooltip ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
we just used the old UI, there is going to be a new one ofc, just for development we use the old one because its faster to put stuff together, but yeah items will be either ingame 3dmodels or prerendered 3d models, its just easier for us, im much better with 3d than drawing and im sick of those 33x33pixel icons

Styg do share lore information with you? What exactly happened to Earth above?

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer

you really think i will tell that to a foolish mortal, uahahahaha

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

you really think i will tell that to a foolish mortal, uahahahaha

But you did ask Styg and you know? Is there an answer in first place or just Styg doesnt know himself?

I.e. is Lore hidden from us or Styg did not develop lore in full himself?

agris

Arcane
Patron
example of prerendered item:
https://twitter.com/mac_orion/status/1605663253492817921

it allows us to make more versions easy (65,85,100 pixel wide) so its going to be easier to adapth to different screenresolutions (or have a larger image for the tooltip ;) )
Looks good! I vote for pre-rendered, even if it makes scaling more difficult than actual 3d models.

Have you seen the icons in Colony Ship? They're a beautiful example of modern pre-rendered.

LQ7nnR1.png

(except I could do without the outline, personally

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom