Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay is coming soon

Ausir

Arcane
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Messages
2,388
Location
Poland
Tags: Herve Caen; Interplay

After having been brought back to life with Herve Caen's powerful necromancy, and having moved out from Herve's basement to a new office in Orange County, <a href=http://www.interplay.com>Interplay</a> has set up a new teaser page with pictures from MDK, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance and Fallout Online. Given that "Black Isle Studios" is among site keywords, we can expect FOOL and DA3 to be published under these brands.
<br>
<br>
We will know more in about two weeks, after the new 10-Q is up.
<br>
<br>
Also, I might be wrong, but doesn't the FOOL concept art style <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1284>remind</a> <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1512>you of</a> <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2559>something</a>?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/interplay-coming-soon/">Fallout 3 Blog</A>
 

slipgate_angel

Scholar
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
288
Location
Texas
Earthworm Jim? While I'm sure that was there to strike the fact that Interplay might come back, I don't assume that there will be another game by Grand masters David Perry and Doug Tennaple. Although that would be cool if the two teamed up again, since that both Shiny and Perry ((Who's doing MMOs)) went downhill ever since David left.

I mean come on, look at 2moons, it doesn't even have the humor that made almost all of David's games cool.
 

Ausir

Arcane
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Messages
2,388
Location
Poland
Well, they did hire Jason Anderson for FOOL. Maybe they'll hire Perry and/or Tennaple as well?
 

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
5,673
Why is this being posted here? I thought the Codex didn't do MMORPG news?
 

Kingston

Arcane
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
4,392
Location
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Isn't this more about the company than FOOL?

Besides, Dark Alliance is a pretty gewd rpg series, dontcha know.

Edit: Need Cafe of Broken Dreams poster, suck at writing, did not enter writing contest, please make another contest, preferably something no one knows about, like Finland.
 

Ausir

Arcane
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Messages
2,388
Location
Poland
Yeah, we did post news about the state of Interplay before, it's more about the company in general than about FOOL in particular. And it's of interest to most Codexers.
 

fastpunk

Arbiter
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
1,798
Location
under the sun
Fuck this and fuck Herve! I hope he at least has the decency to let the Black Isle brand rest in peace... but I guess I shouldn't expect such gestures from worms.
 

dragonfk

Erudite
Joined
Jun 19, 2007
Messages
2,487
fastpunk said:
Fuck this and fuck Herve! I hope he at least has the decency to let the Black Isle brand rest in peace... but I guess I shouldn't expect such gestures from worms.

If they manage to bring quality games then I dont understand what problem do you have with it.
 

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
27,559
Location
Tampon Bay
Where's that teaser page you mention? All I could find is some info about FOOL, and the internet website says "coming soon" ?

Someone also expressed that there might be sequels to some other games after FOOL, but wasn't that just wishful thinking??
 

Black

Arcane
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
1,872,516
Brother None said:
Why is this being posted here? I thought the Codex didn't do MMORPG news?
Meh, I've noticed that everything that can provide lulz is good. And FOOL certainly can!

V THE CODEX IS FOR LULZ! Look at andhaira.
 

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
5,673
News is for lulz now?

Like...whatevz.

GlobalExplorer said:
Someone also expressed that there might be sequels to some other games after FOOL, but wasn't that just wishful thinking??

The whole existence of FOOL is wishful thinking.

If FOOL is a success or even liveable Interplay will spend some time building it, before turning to anything else. Sure, they might milk other possessions after that.
 

dragonfk

Erudite
Joined
Jun 19, 2007
Messages
2,487
To be honest I dont believe that FOO will ever see the light of the day. Sad, but true. It will end like Van Buren, with maybe this difference that we will not be suprised about it and we wont have a tech demo to see how it was planned to become.
 

Annonchinil

Scholar
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
844
slipgate_angel said:
Earthworm Jim? While I'm sure that was there to strike the fact that Interplay might come back, I don't assume that there will be another game by Grand masters David Perry and Doug Tennaple. Although that would be cool if the two teamed up again, since that both Shiny and Perry ((Who's doing MMOs)) went downhill ever since David left.

I mean come on, look at 2moons, it doesn't even have the humor that made almost all of David's games cool.

Are those two game who worked for Shiny when they made Scarifice?
 

DemonKing

Arcane
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
5,889
dragonfk said:
fastpunk said:
Fuck this and fuck Herve! I hope he at least has the decency to let the Black Isle brand rest in peace... but I guess I shouldn't expect such gestures from worms.

If they manage to bring quality games then I dont understand what problem do you have with it.

I think we just found a new definition for "optimism".

Herve has as much chance of producing a successful FOOL as I do of being elected US president in November...

...and no I'm not a US citizen nor was I born there!
 

Kortalh

Liturgist
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
278
Excuse me for playing devil's advocate for a moment, but...

Ausir said:
Also, I might be wrong, but doesn't the FOOL concept art style <a>remind</a> <a>you of</a> <a>something</a>?

Gee golly willickers, who would have expected them to use post-apocalyptic style concept artwork for their post-apocalyptic themed game? :D





... not that I'm trying to defend Interplay or anything.
 

slipgate_angel

Scholar
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
288
Location
Texas
Annonchinil said:
slipgate_angel said:
Earthworm Jim? While I'm sure that was there to strike the fact that Interplay might come back, I don't assume that there will be another game by Grand masters David Perry and Doug Tennaple. Although that would be cool if the two teamed up again, since that both Shiny and Perry ((Who's doing MMOs)) went downhill ever since David left.

I mean come on, look at 2moons, it doesn't even have the humor that made almost all of David's games cool.

Are those two game who worked for Shiny when they made Scarifice?
While Sacrifice was done by David and his team at Shiny, Doug Tennaple had nothing to do with it. He was only involved with the Earthworm Jim series ((Except for the 3d game)), and after that, he also did the Netherhood games.

Doug mostly does graphic novels today, which you can purchase at Amazon, plus he does other things such as cartoons. You can find his site Here . If your unfamiliar with his projects, then go read "Creature tech", or watch the internet show "Sockbaby", really awsome stuff.

As for David, like I said he's working for Acclaim on MMOs, such as 2moons and DANCE. I might check out 2moons, for the sake of making sure if it's wacky, but from what I've seen so far he's seem to have dropped that style of presentation...which is sad. :(

As for Shiny...well they did "the golden compass" videogame, which wasn't very popular with everybody.

Speaking of Shiny I'm also reminded of Planet moon...which did a casual party game for the Wii...instead of a funny shooter. Is it just me, or are we seeing less and less over the top, wacky games? :(
 

Andhaira

Arcane
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
1,868,939
WHAT???

How is that possible. Lost Vikings is the game that MADE interplay! I rememberplaying nad beating it on the sole 5.25 floppy it came on in the days before hardrives!
 

Ausir

Arcane
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Messages
2,388
Location
Poland
Lost Vikings was published by Interplay, but developed by Blizzard, just like Warcraft.
 

psycojester

Arbiter
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
2,526
Also worth noting The Lost Vikings show up in WoW, Eric drops some nice boots for rogues.
 

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom