Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview with Baldur's Gate 3 lead systems designer Nick Pechenin at Rock Paper Shotgun

Gyor

Savant
I wonder how much having the BG3 deal is boosting their sales as curious BG and Forgotten Realms fans buy it to find out why every compares BG3 to DOS2.
Probably didn't see a difference at all due to this tbh, but it would be too hard to tell.
WotC is the one banking off of Larian's name, not the other way around. What was the last D&D-licensed video game that didn't sell like a hot turd? Neverwinter Nights? Maybe Dark Alliance(which released shortly after)?

They really did pick every shitty game developer they could find for Forgotten Realms video games, while keeping everyone with actual talent and ideas away from making a quality CRPG, after NWN2 was released.

Until Larian Studios and BG3.

agris

Arcane
Patron
the face.jpg
is truly the :prosper: of our times

Stokowski

Arcane
Yes, as far as I'm concerned, this is basically Fallout 3 all over again. Nightmare. So I'm just trying to stay away, best to just stay away, pretend it doesn't exist.

Looks like Dragon Age Inquisition.
Plays like Divinity Original Sin.
Smells like Fallout 3.

Black

Arcane
I'll await RPG Codex retrospective about this, 3 months after release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom