Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Is Troika Dead?

merry andrew

Erudite
I dunno if this has already been mentioned, but wasn't Troika working on two games simultaneously? Meaning, if the Bloodlines team was let go, could the non-Bloodlines team still remain?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
Exuses, exuses. Everyone was celebrating that Inetrplay crashing depsite the fatc it meant that a lot of people were becoming bums. The bototm line here is that you guys like Troika so you mourn them (if this is true which I'm starting to have doubts about) like they're soemthing special and calling people like Rex evil because he's celebrating when you did the same exact thing.

The biggest difference would be Interplay was well known for fucking over development houses WHEREAS Troika was a small development house.

TA-DA! Now shut the fuck up.

Stark

Liturgist
merry andrew said:
I dunno if this has already been mentioned, but wasn't Troika working on two games simultaneously? Meaning, if the Bloodlines team was let go, could the non-Bloodlines team still remain?

it has been mentioned earlier in this thread: everyone other than the founders and a lead programmer remains. highly unlikely they'll still be developing anything at this point.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Stark said:
it has been mentioned earlier in this thread: everyone other than the founders and a lead programmer remains. highly unlikely they'll still be developing anything at this point.

Ummm, you mean: everyone other than the founders and a lead programmer has gone. Right?

Well,no worries, we know what you really meant :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Quick correction. NWN had its own Society Of Leopold-like gamestopper. The end of chapter two was bugged - the gates that Aribeth was standing behind wouldn't open, and you couldn't continue through the game without using console commands."

Eh. No. I had that bug. All you had to do was attack the lizardfolk and the cne would play out with Aribetha nd co. porting out. End of scene. Not even close to the Society bug (which btw I actually never got, thankfully).

"I'm just referring to Volourn's assertion of codex's supposed "double standard" in treating the demise of Troika and Interplay when in fact not all regulars danced in glee when Interplay went down. personally i couldn't care less about Interplay by then. "

Sorry, Stark. When I talk of the 'Codex"; you arne't important or big enough to be included in that statement. You are small fry.

"The biggest difference would be Interplay was well known for fucking over development houses WHEREAS Troika was a small development house.

TA-DA! Now shut the fuck up."

And, they were also known for having less bugs in their games, better quality control; and making superior games. Keep kissing Troika's ass. It doesn't change the facts.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
Everyone was celebrating that Inetrplay crashing depsite the fatc it meant that a lot of people were becoming bums.
Uh, no. There is a difference between laying people off because you have no money to pay them, and laying people off because you don't want to pay them and not interested in what they can do for the company. Other then not stealing the money, Herve could have sold some assets, even selling the rights to first person FO games to Beth, to finish VB.

The bototm line here is that you guys like Troika so you mourn them
We mourned BIS when it went down too. We'd mourn any good developer, but Caen's Interplay was neither good nor a developer at that point.

"I hope there is a treatment for your dellusions. Check my Bloodlines review."

I did. It's the same as always. Always putting on as much a positve spin as you possibly can to lighten the blame on Troika's shoulders. The only part of the game that Troika seems to be universally blasted on is the frigged up ending sequence. Otherwise, everything is the publisher's fault. For the third striaght game.
What the fuck are you smoking?

"Would it be too much to ask you to back your bullshit up?"

The evidenc eis beofre you. The fact you guys have dared claim that BL's combat is better than BIO's pause n play system is delusional.
Where? BACK. IT. UP.

"Yeah, because everyone knows that TB games sell like crazy these days. Nice try though."

Try telling that to Squaresoft. Of course, it's easy to ignore the fact that TOEE is also D&D and has the most popular D&D module in the plus side.
Consoles are different. Show me a TB PC RPG that did well in the last 5 years. Last 10 years? As for the most popular DnD module - lol. Like mass market gives a fuck or even know what DnD is. They played Bio DnD adaptation for retarded and thought it was easy. Then ToEE came, and all those "it's too complicated", "it's only for DnD experts", "it's like a frigging puzzle" reviews followed.

Not to emntion, that tb does sale. Afterall, many people actaully believe BIO games are Tb yet they sell. R00fles! so, yeah, "tb" does sale. :lol:
You are on a roll, aren't you? There is nothing in a name. You can call Bio combat "supar turn-based - in fact, it's so turn-based it makes other turn-based games look like real time", and people would still buy it because it plays like fucking RT, and that's what's fucking important.

"I don't recall many people complaining about Bio bugs though, and not because Bio games didn't have them. We've always bitched about their game design, not anything else."

In fact, whenever someone complains about TOEE's bugs one of the first thing out of yours, SP's, etc.'s typing is "NWN was buggy too!" Yet you sit there and claim you never complain about BIo's bugs? Yeah, uhuh, whatever.
First, *I* have never complained. Second, there is a difference between bitching about bugs like "OMG! I can't run this crappy Troika game on my CD player. WTF?!!" and mentioning that Bio games had bugs too after some moron complains that Troika games are buggy and Bio games are perfect.

This is easy. Without a link. 'From the Creators Of Fallout". Enough said. Game over. Troika didn't create FO. Period.
That's a press-release? Btw, "from the creators of ..." is a perfectly acceptable form. How often do you see "from the director of ..." in movies? It's a fact and a reference, not hype.

Bototm line is when Troika came into being; it was a business. If they fall; it's because Troika screwed up.
Probably. Yet that was NOT the point. You said that they don't deserve to be mourned because it's their fault. That's bullshit and now you are trying to dig your way out.

They were likely given some breaks due to Tim cain and Co's past history. They didn't follow through enough.
Yeah, tons of breaks. Like when Sierra forced them to do the RT thing, and when Sierra delayed the release for months while everyone was downloading pirated copies like there is no tomorrow. Those ungrateful bastards at Troika are just unable to appreciate a nice gesture. Or when Atari gave them a year to make a game when average development time for a good game is 2-3 years. Cool breaks.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Yeah, tons of breaks. Like when Sierra forced them to do the RT thing, and when Sierra delayed the release for months while everyone was downloading pirated copies like there is no tomorrow. Those ungrateful bastards at Troika are just unable to appreciate a nice gesture. Or when Atari gave them a year to make a game when average development time for a good game is 2-3 years. Cool breaks.

I believed the same thing, but people pointed me towards an interview with Leon somewhere where he said it was their choice. Nowadays I believe Arcanum had real time because of the sheeer size, and the many only combat areas which were nearly the size of ToEE itself. Goes for random encounters too. To make the game less tedious, they decided to let people choose, in the end we all know what that did to the game. Sierra forced them to implement a half assed multiplayer though, but I can't say that it had any effect on the game overall, because Arcanum took... 4 years to develop?

That takes away some points from Troika. BMC mines, the dreaded monkey maze of Thanantos, The Vendigroth ruins or the sewers under Caladon. At least the last one had an alternative, but if you want to make a TB game, you don't make such locations, it's just a bad idea.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Jinxed said:
I believed the same thing, but people pointed me towards an interview with Leon somewhere where he said it was their choice.
Maybe, maybe not. I find it hard, if not impossible, to believe that Sierra would have agreed to publish a pure TB game.

Nowadays I believe Arcanum had real time because of the sheeer size, and the many only combat areas which were nearly the size of ToEE itself. Goes for random encounters too. To make the game less tedious...
FO2 was huge too. Not as big as Arcanum was, but big enough and with random encounters. Can't say that TB hurt it. Some battles were huge and long like taking out one of the NR families, but I can't say they were tedious (few exceptions like some ants/rats colonies apply)

That takes away some points from Troika. BMC mines, the dreaded monkey maze of Thanantos, The Vendigroth ruins or the sewers under Caladon. At least the last one had an alternative, but if you want to make a TB game, you don't make such locations, it's just a bad idea.
That I agree with. Some locations were designed poorly, and were not fun regardless of the combat mode.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
And, they were also known for having less bugs in their games, better quality control; and making superior games. Keep kissing Troika's ass. It doesn't change the facts.

This the same Interplay that released Giants, Starfleet Command 2, and Fallout Tactics in a row? Or are we talking about some magical fantasy Interplay that exists in your mind and no where else?

Vault Dweller

Developer
I'd say magical fantasy Interplay run by elves and fairies. Btw, anyone remembers those singing fairies in Stonekeep?

Avé

Liturgist
Well, nice to see exitium getting FPS completely wrong and trying to backpedal without admitting it.

The most common misconception about FPS is that it's the same for everyone, which is what Ex fell for.

Some people complained bitterly about PGR1/2 being only 30 fps(and a lot of the same people are doing exactly the same about Forza), however, the vast majority of people didnt notice the difference, even though it was a high speed racing game WITHOUT motion blur.

Having played games for 6 years on budget graphics cards(first played cs at 640*480 & 20 fps, later 1024*768 at 25-30 fps), 30 FPS is fine for me.

Especially in a game like Bloodlines.

Note: Flicker is harder to notice on darker backgrounds

For anyone interested, I just benchmarked bloodlines from the tutorial to santa monica hub(including running from the bloodbank to the carpark to the club).

Average fps is 52
Code:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
13170,    251517,   4,   63, 52.362
At 1280* with particle effects and all the other sliders at maximum and bumpmapping turned on.

Hardly as bad as Exc makes out.

By the way, talking about how no new games are buggy these days:

Soldner?(during single player the game LET INTERNET PLAYERS JOIN)
Shadow Vault?(Wont run unless you set screen res at 320*240)
Mistland?
Paradise Cracked?
Any of the german "fallout beaters"?
Any of the mmorpg's when they were launched?(With the exception of WoW)
O.R.B.?
NWN?

If you are going to criticise Troika, at least do it for the right reason, that for whatever reason - they dont patch their games to the same extent most other companies do.

One last thing(@ Saint)
I wasnt criticising or implying that the codex did something wrong by just reposting news, just that it isnt the same as reporting it directly.

It's like the difference between writing for a newspaper, and copying the article and adding a few lines of comment, one makes you a journalist, the other doesnt.(Which ex doesnt seem to understand)

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Straw man argument.

I stated that 30fps was fine if you were used to it, but apparently that is all completely moot, because as you very well show on your Bloodlines benchmark, the minimum FPS was 4. Clearly unacceptable.

By the way, talking about how no new games are buggy these days:
Yet another straw man argument. When did I say that no new games are buggy these days? All I said was that Bloodlines was a very buggy game, if not one of the buggiest. IMO, Bloodlines belongs to the ranks of those games you mentioned in your list.

The majority of games you mentioned on your list are on my own list as games I refuse to play. I've critically panned Paradise Cracked for its awful implementation of TB, the Codex doesn't even cover Shadow Vault, and it's no mystery that I've always called NWN a very buggy game. With the exception of WOW, I don't play MMORPGs, either. Soldner? What a piece of garbage. The games on these list hardly excuse Bloodlines' bugginess, and in any case, you picked the lowest of the low.

It's not odd how games like Doom 3, Sims 2, Half Life 2, and Chronicles of Riddick aren't on that list. The reason they aren't on that list is because they're quality titles that weren't released in the same state that the games on your list, including Bloodlines, were. If you are going to argue that 'every game is as buggy as Bloodlines', then why isn't a game like Chronicles of Riddick on the list? The reason is simple: It's not very buggy. Your arguments are fallacious.

What's the difference between internet journalism and newspaper journalism? The only difference is the medium it is printed on. In any case I do not understand the point you are trying to make by arguing that I'm not a journalist.

If you are going to say something claiming that writing a few reviews, editorials and news doesn't make one a journalist, then pray tell, what does?

Ave, I am beginning to suspect that you are something of an internet comedian.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Exitium, the games you mentioned had huge budgets and plenty of time, which makes them the exception not the rule. Desipte that, they did come with some bugs, but very minor ones (or if you're like me, I consider Steam the mother of all bugs ;)). Anyway, I do agree that Bloodlines was released in a bad state; shame on Troika.

Avè, as much as I'd like to agree with you that Exitium isn't a journalist (if only to see him get pissed off, hehe), I can't. He does editorials and he also adds insights into the news (even if some of them are false and only meant to incite flames).

EDIT: I forgot to remark on one of your claims Exitium. :) That minium FPS thing is really a bogus item to be remarking about. Go back and run a timedemo for a game like Quake 2 or Quake 3 and you'll probably get a couple of frames that'll do the exact same thing. You can have an average fps over 100 and still get those types of things occuring. If there are areas of sustained valleys when graphing the fps out, then yes that is a problem. Just a single frame isn't. From his post we can't determine one way or the other. So don't try in turn that into a big deal.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You mean Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 ? Or FOBOS ? Oh, wait..."

FO1 wans't buggy. FO2 had a few bugs; some major; all of which were pretty much fixed with one patch. FOBOS was not buggy. Period. Outisde of 1, or 2 games; Interplay's game were far less buggy games. Sure, out of the TENS of games that Interplay published/developed very few of them were even close to any of Troika's THREE games in terms of bugginess.

"Uh, no. There is a difference between laying people off because you have no money to pay them, and laying people off because you don't want to pay them and not interested in what they can do for the company. Other then not stealing the money, Herve could have sold some assets, even selling the rights to first person FO games to Beth, to finish VB."

Waaq! And, why doesn't Troika presumably not have the money to pay them? Because, theys crewed up. Just like Interplay did. Employees from both companies lost their jobs because of screw ups. Period. Makes all the exuses you want.

"We mourned BIS when it went down too. We'd mourn any good developer, but Caen's Interplay was neither good nor a developer at that point."

And, then you proceeeded to insult the devs who got lucky and kept their jobs (for another 2 months); because they didn't show loyalty to the ones who did supposedly. Soprry, you didn't mourn them. You said they were 'betetr off'. Just like the Troikians losing their jobs will be better off in the long run when they get jobs at companies that are actually stable.

"Where? BACK. IT. UP."

www.codex.com is all the proof I need.

"Consoles are different. Show me a TB PC RPG that did well in the last 5 years. Last 10 years? As for the most popular DnD module - lol. Like mass market gives a fuck or even know what DnD is. They played Bio DnD adaptation for retarded and thought it was easy. Then ToEE came, and all those "it's too complicated", "it's only for DnD experts", "it's like a frigging puzzle" reviews followed."

More exuses. TB does sale, and don't start with the 'console is different' crap. And, oh, anyone who thinks TOEE is more complicated than NWN is on crack. The game was easy. Super easy.

"You are on a roll, aren't you? There is nothing in a name. You can call Bio combat "supar turn-based - in fact, it's so turn-based it makes other turn-based games look like real time", and people would still buy it because it plays like fucking RT, and that's what's fucking important. "

How would the 'dumb' masses know that 'til they play it? Afterall, if BIo games are advertised as tb; all thsoe people you claim hate tb would avoid BIo games... but, they don't. Bottom line, is tb is NOT the problem. Keep making exuses for Troika though. Espicially since we both know TOEE actually sold decently so it wasn't like it was a total flop. Keep the bullshit up.

"Btw, "from the creators of ..." is a perfectly acceptable form."

Troika is not the creator of FO. Not even close. Interplay has that honour. Or at best, Brian FARGO. Don't propogate the lies, rumours,m myths, and innuendot that somehow Troika created Fo when they did not. Period.

"You said that they don't deserve to be mourned because it's their fault. "

Huh? I'm not digging my way out of it. If Troika falls; it's ebcause theys crewed, and No they do not deserve to be mourned; but their ass loving fnaboys will morun them nontheless.

"Yeah, tons of breaks. Like when Sierra forced them to do the RT thing, and when Sierra delayed the release for months while everyone was downloading pirated copies like there is no tomorrow. Those ungrateful bastards at Troika are just unable to appreciate a nice gesture. Or when Atari gave them a year to make a game when average development time for a good game is 2-3 years. Cool breaks."

Yes, tons of breaks. How many companies get approached to make a D&D game espicially a 'classic' module and tb too boot? Not many. How many get to mkae agame based on Vampire? How many companies get heraled as the creators of one the most liked games in FO when they actually didn't create FO.

And, no, Seirra didn't force Troika to do anything. This is another myth of the game industry. It's not like Sierra put a gun to Troika's head. It was always Troika big wigs choice to do whatever. Blame Troika for their chocies. None of this bullshit 'blame the publisher' crap.

"FO2 was huge too"

Huh big is 'huge' to you? FO2 was like 30-40 hours if you take your time. Not exactly huge, imo.

"This the same Interplay that released Giants, Starfleet Command 2, and Fallout Tactics in a row? Or are we talking about some magical fantasy Interplay that exists in your mind and no where else?"

Yup. Interplay released some stinkers. No doubt about it. Of course, they also released BG series, Fos eries, PST, IWD, BGDA series, Wasteland and the list goes on. Keep spouting on their failures; but they sure have a lot more games that will be remembered long past any of Troika's games.

R00fles!

Ekodas

Novice
Volourn said:
"You mean Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 ? Or FOBOS ? Oh, wait..."

FO1 wans't buggy. FO2 had a few bugs; some major; all of which were pretty much fixed with one patch. FOBOS was not buggy. Period.

FO2 had a few bugs, you're playing it down :p Besides, the question was not to know wether or not Interplay released some patch to fix the bugs.

About FOBOS, I have to clarify. I wasn't clear enough, I had 2 games in mind :

Fallout Tactics : Brotherhood Of Steel. If you played this game prior to the 1.25 version, you should know that it was a real bug fest.

But I had also in mind Fallout : Brotherhood of still (imho, a console piece of crap). It wasn't probably very buggy though, you're right here, but that's another story. On a side note, you will have a hard time to release a very buggy product on a console. See PS2 approval process for example : before you can even publish a demo of a PS2 title, Sony has to give you an approval. That means they'll test your game, and if it's too buggy, screw you, you can't publish it (even if Sony didn't give you a single cent to develop the game, mind). This approval thingy is also a very good way for console manufacturers to keep a control on the release date of their games, but I'm getting carried way.

I had this game in mind because you talked about Interplay's superior games.

Interplay did publish some great games, but they also published their fair share of average or less than average games. I mean, Interplay also published "Redneck Rampage" hehe...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
dojoteef said:
EDIT: I forgot to remark on one of your claims Exitium. :) That minium FPS thing is really a bogus item to be remarking about. Go back and run a timedemo for a game like Quake 2 or Quake 3 and you'll probably get a couple of frames that'll do the exact same thing. You can have an average fps over 100 and still get those types of things occuring. If there are areas of sustained valleys when graphing the fps out, then yes that is a problem. Just a single frame isn't. From his post we can't determine one way or the other. So don't try in turn that into a big deal.

The thing about most games is that while they do drop to 4fps VERY OCCASIONALLY (like when your hard drive loads up) they don't do this often at all. Bloodlines was stuttering for me from the 2nd hub and onwards. Aptyp and Teatime said in #fallout that the game was stuttering for them from the get go in Santa Monica. The game might run at an average FPS of 35 (use a FRAPS demo, that's what you'll get) but it also freezes up quite often. More so than most other FPS games.There are entire areas where, which are as you said, sustained FPS valleys. Indoor areas aren't a problem at all but as soon as you jump into combat with a vampire all the pixelshaders get activated and the game's performance becomes shoddy. It's the same when rain falls in Santa Monica. I don't think there's a way to disable that, either.

That, I think it's a very big deal.

Ave: Are you calling me a liar? The game runs poorly for me. Don't tell me to 'get a better computer' because my computer is better than yours.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"FO2 had a few bugs, you're playing it down :p"

Eh.. It only had a couple for me. One of them being really major though. Still, nowhere near as bad as Troika's games.

"About FOBOS, I have to clarify. I wasn't clear enough, I had 2 games in mind :

Fallout Tactics : Brotherhood Of Steel. If you played this game prior to the 1.25 version, you should know that it was a real bug fest."

Ahh.. You meant Tatics. I only played it for a bit. I found no bugs. Didn't like the game much; though.

"But I had also in mind Fallout : Brotherhood of still (imho, a console piece of crap)."

I know that I'm in the minority (surprise, suprise); but I found FOBOS was decent as an action game. Definitely underrated, imo. Not great though.

"had this game in mind because you talked about Interplay's superior games.

Interplay did publish some great games, but they also published their fair share of average or less than average games. I mean, Interplay also published "Redneck Rampage" hehe..."

I never said that Interplay made only good games. of course they have their share of crap. What i said was that they have made, as a whole, better games than Troika. Interplay has games I'd easily rate in my top 10; Troika has one fighting for a spot in the top, one that isn't even close; and one that coulda been but isn't..

Heck, one just has to mention DTU for me to agree that interplay made crappy games. DTU = one of the worst games ever in every way.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
FO2 was huge too. Not as big as Arcanum was, but big enough and with random encounters. Can't say that TB hurt it. Some battles were huge and long like taking out one of the NR families, but I can't say they were tedious (few exceptions like some ants/rats colonies apply)

SPECIAL without a doubt is one of the most fun to play TB systems, evar. The one in Arcanum sucked. TB can work, as long as you make the correct design decisions.

Random Encounters were much more frequent in Arcanum and there was no outdoorsman skill. The rats in FO 2 were a lot fewer, plus, they were 1~2 shots to kill. And people still moaned about how dumb it was in fo 2... Arcanum is like Fo 2 rats on drugs, plus the whole maze concept that is mind boggling.

If it wasn't for real time in Arcanum, I wouldn't go near some locations, even in SPECIAL. The bad thing about them is all of the ones I mentioned are locations you HAVE to go through. Optional ones included the Ashbury hounted castle, Tarant sewers, one of the passes. But, for every bad thing Arcanum had some shine, like getting to Loghaire without actually having to go through the fucking dregde.

Milktooth

Novice
Jinxed said:
SPECIAL without a doubt is one of the most fun to play TB systems, evar. The one in Arcanum sucked. TB can work, as long as you make the correct design decisions.
What the fuck are you talking about idiot? It sounds like you've hopped onto the "I Hate Troika" bandwagon. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Arcanum's TB system and you fucking know it. It fucked the shit out of NWN, KOTOR or any of that other fucking trash that those money loving whores at Bioware ever produced. Troika was all about passion, baby. Don't be fucking disrespectful, kid, it'll get your stupid ass beat.

Random Encounters were much more frequent in Arcanum and there was no outdoorsman skill.
Bullshit! I swear you are just making this shit up as you go along. Random Encounters were no more often and no less seldom than they were in Fallout and Fallout 2. Don't be pulling this kind of shit out of your ass or you'll have to own up to it some day, kid. I reckon that will be the case when someone calls you on your pack of lies and you can't own up to it.

The rats in FO 2 were a lot fewer,
Is this a real complaint because it smells like bullshit. Kid, if this was your biggest fault with Arcanum you should shut the fuck up.

plus, they were 1~2 shots to kill.
What do you propose? Rats that die the instant you look at them? What more could you ask for?

And people still moaned about how dumb it was in fo 2...
And you're moaning about how dumb it is in Arcanum. By the looks of it, Nothing has changed. People like you are still a bunch of Bioware loving shitwhores and you think it's funny to pick on a small independent studio like Troika. Fuck you.

If it wasn't for real time in Arcanum, I wouldn't go near some locations, even in SPECIAL. The bad thing about them is all of the ones I mentioned are locations you HAVE to go through.
Do you want the game to be easy? I bet you're one of those shitheads who plays with all the cheat codes because you can't stop being a pussy and play the game like everybody else. Games are supposed to be challenging, dumbass. If we wanted games to be easy we'd all be playing watered down bullshit like Baldurs Gate and we'd be sipping it out of David Gaider's ass, like you are. Kid let me tell you something about gameplay, it has to be challenging, or it's childs play, not gameplay. Go play your kiddie Bioware console trash, shitbird and leave the real games to the adults.

without actually having to go through the fucking dregde.
Listening to you is like walking through that fucking 'dregde'. Here's a note: If you want your arguments to be readable no matter how much dumbfuckery you decided to spew, at least try learning how to spell first. Try earning some respect first before shooting your stupid mouth off, kid, you've got mud in your face.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Troika was all about passion, baby. Don't be fucking disrespectful, kid, it'll get your stupid ass beat."

They were also about horrible support, finger pointing, and horrible writing, the list goes on. They don't deserve respect for all that.

Come to 644 Lakeshore Dr Unit 36, North Bay, Ontario, Kanada to beat my stupid ass if you dare. You won't; because youa re cowardly.

"It fucked the shit out of NWN, KOTOR or any of that other fucking trash that those money loving whores at Bioware ever produced."

Only a liar would say that. Bg series is better, the entire package of NWN is better, KOTOR is about equal. Nice try; though.

"And you're moaning about how dumb it is in Arcanum. By the looks of it, Nothing has changed. People like you are still a bunch of Bioware loving shitwhores and you think it's funny to pick on a small independent studio like Troika. Fuck you."

Bioware was small. They earned their following by working hard, having passion for the games they amde, and making smrat decisions. They deserve respect, dumbass.

"Do you want the game to be easy? "

Arcanum was easy. the only BIO game that was easier was KOTOR. Nice try, bullshitter.

"Here's a note: If you want your arguments to be readable no matter how much dumbfuckery you decided to spew, at least try learning how to spell first."

Don't talk poorly about others' typing skills when you can't even type properly yourself. ie: "it's childs play"

Game over. You lose.

Milktooth

Novice
Volourn said:
They were also about horrible support, finger pointing, and horrible writing, the list goes on. They don't deserve respect for all that.
They damn well deserve respect for all the quality games they've made throughout the years and that's MORE than anyone can say about the money grubbing whores at the company you like to kiss up to, Bioware.

Come to 644 Lakeshore Dr Unit 36, North Bay, Ontario, Kanada to beat my stupid ass if you dare. You won't; because youa re cowardly.
Stop coming on to me because I'm not a faggot like you.

Only a liar would say that. Bg series is better, the entire package of NWN is better, KOTOR is about equal. Nice try; though.
Only someone who was either delusional, retarded, a liar, or all 3 would say that. None of Bioware's games come even close to touching the role-playing complexity of Troika's Arcanum, the combat excellence of TOEE or the immersion and plot of Bloodlines, which are by none the finest games the industry had to offer since Troika's founders created Fallout. Bioware Jr.'s Fallout 2 (Obsidian) was nowhere as good as I recall.

Bioware was small. They earned their following by working hard, having passion for the games they amde, and making smrat decisions. They deserve respect, dumbass.
Bioware is big, dumbass. Why do you think they have an internal QA team of 50 people? That's more people than what small independent studios like Troika had at ANY given time. They only give a shit about the money and not about the consumer.

If anything they develop games for the dumbed down mainstream audience and not for anyone else. It's hard to enjoy crap like NWN when you're older than 15. Aribeth's titties just don't matter anymore at that age.

It's easy to make money when you don't give a shit about the quality of your games or the fact that they're as dumbed down as shit.

The reason Troika is floundering right now is because they are one of the few companies that even bothers taking risks these days. They first risk that they took was developing an RPG. Their second, and even greater risk was making a game that appealed to Hardcore RPG fans and not to a bunch of script kiddies who buy their games on their daddy's paycheck. Troika games do not appeal to adolescent morons with attention deficit disorder. That is why their games didn't sell as well. Not because of some of Exitium's imagined bullshit about Bloodlines' performance being bad or Jinxed's lame and unfounded argument that Arcanum's TB system was poorly implemented.

I'll implement my fist into his ass and we'll discover what poorly implemented means. Yours too, if you decide to keep posting this inane bullshit about Troika. Isn't it bad enough that they're down, you have to make up a pack of lies and kick them, too? I smell a Bioware plant.

Arcanum was easy. the only BIO game that was easier was KOTOR. Nice try, bullshitter.
Not according to Jinxed, it wasn't. Arcanum was a challenge compared to NWN, Baldur's Gate and KOTOR (OMG it has turn based so it must be complex because kiddies can't grasp such things) so don't make up some bullshit about how it was 'easy' just because it conveniently suits your bullshit argument.

Game over, shitbird. You lose.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Hahahaha. You are cute.

"They damn well deserve respect for all the quality games they've made throughout the years and that's MORE than anyone can say about the money grubbing whores at the company you like to kiss up to, Bioware."

Quality? All through the eyars? You dumbo, they've amde 3 exact games. I liked Arcanum; but otherwise you overrate them. TOEE was crap. It had a good combat system and that's it. It's story sucked, it's combat was easy, its characters were nothing, and it was buggy up the wazoo. I enjoyed Bl; but in the end it wa snothing special due to HORRIBLE combat, and terrible bugginess.

You cna cry all you want; but BIO's games are all solid.

"Stop coming on to me because I'm not a faggot like you."

As I thought; you have no problem threatening over the net; but you won't follow through. I gave you mya ddress. Now come kick my ass. I willw ait; thoguh I won't hold my breath. Coward.

"Only someone who was either delusional, retarded, a liar, or all 3 would say that. None of Bioware's games come even close to touching the role-playing complexity of Troika's Arcanum, the combat excellence of TOEE or the immersion and plot of Bloodlines, which are by none the finest games the industry had to offer since Troika's founders created Fallout. Bioware Jr.'s Fallout 2 (Obsidian) was nowhere as good as I recall."

I liked Arcanum so I won't bash it. TOEE's combat was not excellent. It was adequate. BL's plot was okay; but nothing speical. It's immersionw as very good - when it wasn't moving very slow or the next annoying bug didn't breka the game or you didn't have to slaughter another 80 ninjas after the spawned after you ahd alreayd cleared the room.

Fallout 2 was better than Fallout 1. Nice try. And, the Bg series was just as good as the Fallouts (though the Fos have better role-playing overall); but BG crushes FO in terms of characters and story.

"Bioware is big, dumbass. Why do you think they have an internal QA team of 50 people? That's more people than what small independent studios like Troika had at ANY given time. They only give a shit about the money and not about the consumer."

Onc eagain, you illustrate your stupidity. I said they were small. What? Did you think BIo magically appeared and had a reayd amde QA team of 50 people? What a dumbass. Next you gonna say that the Tooth Fairy is real. R00fles!

BIo most certainly cares about the consumer more than Troika. Afterall, BIO patches their games without people having to beg for it, they actually have emssage baords where they listen to their fans, and they support games YEARS after their release. Troika doens't do any of that. All they do is point fingers at Troika. So, yeah, BIo has proven with actions that they care about the customer more than Troika has to date. This is an undisputable fact.

"It's easy to make money when you don't give a shit about the quality of your games or the fact that they're as dumbed down as shit."

That explains why TOEE's story was dumbed down to abre bones or that Vampire's combat was nothing but hack n slash even to a greater degree than most full fledge action games.

"The reason Troika is floundering right now is because they are one of the few companies that even bothers taking risks these days."

What risks? Stop lying. Troika's games did not sellw ell because they were buggy and unsupproted and were only half games. TOEE - all combat no story. BL all character no combat. Arcanum I liked; but many people didn't like their combat including some of the most ardent Troika fanboys. That's why Troika seems to be having their trouble. It's their own fault. Stop whining like a little baby.

"I'll implement my fist into his ass and we'll discover what poorly implemented means. Yours too, if you decide to keep posting this inane bullshit about Troika."

644 Lakeshroe dr Unit 36, North Bay, Ontario, Kanada. Cum take your best shot.

"Isn't it bad enough that they're down, you have to make up a pack of lies and kick them, too?"

Only one lying is you.

"Not according to Jinxed, it wasn't. Arcanum was a challenge compared to NWN, Baldur's Gate and KOTOR (OMG it has turn based so it must be complex because kiddies can't grasp such things) so don't make up some bullshit about how it was 'easy' just because it conveniently suits your bullshit argument."

Bullshit. Arcanum's combat was eays. Only bIo agme thatw as eaiser was KOTOR. I had maybe 2 or 3 challenging fights in Arcanum; the rest were easy. Period.

"Game over, shitbird. You lose."

Nope. You do. And, if Troika loses and it's their own fault. If they win; it's their own fault.

Keep whining. I can't wait til your next bit of nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom