Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 2 LOBOT - new sprites and animations mod

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
How far fetched would be implementation of indoor grenade throwing, with an option to bounce the grenade from wall? And add opening doors from the side. Could make it much easier to clean enemies that camp indoors without harm.

Sevenfm

Novice
Grenades bounce from the walls since vanilla I think, door side opening is in 1.13 since 2018.
Indoor grenade throwing can be implemented in the code by activating "LOB ITEM" animation when under roof and lowering trajectory.
What would be nice I think is to throw grenade/shoot around the corner with proper animation.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What would be nice I think is to throw grenade/shoot around the corner with proper animation.

Grenade sure, but for shooting we kinda have sidestep when in standing position, though it doesnt work in crouched. I usually get shot sidestepping so i had stopped doing it. The unwieldy way to breach the room is to actually explode TNT on the other side and then go into turn mode the same moment the explosion happen and go into the room. Most npcs will face the explosion and wont trigger interrupt.

Asdow

Educated
What other additions do you have planned to implement with this? Equipment, Armor, Guns, NPC Models?
Gore & blood effects to finish the original death anims, proper animations and sprites for riot shields, for both original and LOBOT, ghillie suit, scuba gear maybe. Turtle could use a new bodytype. The work done is all pretty much limited to me so don't expect anything to get added quickly. Real life is a bitch.

I think the most anticipated things would be shields and maybe proper zombie animations, but who knows.
There's also still missing long jump animation and window jumping uses standard over fence animation which doesn't look great for that.

Asdow is there a list of new animations added in this version?
Not really any new animations per se, but I added graphics for kevlar & spectra vest, balaclava, EOD suit and leg holsters

What other additions do you have planned to implement with this? Equipment, Armor, Guns, NPC Models?
Gore & blood effects to finish the original death anims, proper animations and sprites for riot shields, for both original and LOBOT, ghillie suit, scuba gear maybe. Turtle could use a new bodytype. The work done is all pretty much limited to me so don't expect anything to get added quickly. Real life is a bitch.

I think the most anticipated things would be shields and maybe proper zombie animations, but who knows.
There's also still missing long jump animation and window jumping uses standard over fence animation which doesn't look great for that.

Asdow is there a list of new animations added in this version?
Not really any new animations per se, but I added graphics for kevlar & spectra vest, balaclava, EOD suit and leg holsters
You had me at blood and gore effects.

Sevenfm

Novice
Updated LOBOT in 7609 modpack to latest version.
Base 1.13, SDO mod, Aimnas have Filters.xml updated and should work ok, other mods like Arulco Vacations and IoV use default 1.13 LOBOT settings and may be inaccurate.
If you are interested, get 7609 modpack here: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Fj_B0WEKNjRQJ
Unstable modpack was also updated, only base 1.13 fully supports LOBOT, mods like Aimnas or AFS need Filters.xml update.
Short demo video with LOBOT in 7609 modpack (SDO mod) and some more SDO crafting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKI4CnSRhk

Last edited:

Sevenfm

Novice
Does this fix the issue that the character model sometimes goes invisible during certain animation frames?
One character invisibility issue was related to sawed off shotgun animation not properly defined in xml, this is fixed in actual unstable and my modpacks.
If there are other issues, they should probably be reported to LOBOT developers.

Also, BRAINMOD in unstable and 7609 modpacks was updated with Filters.xml file provided by one of players, so it should be more or less accurate now.

Last edited:

Sevenfm

Novice
If you equip backpack and rifle and activate alt holding mode, you can see rifle stock through backpack in some directions.
Tested with actual trunk/gamedir.
MBHEmr6.png

Demo video:
https://youtu.be/4bJLK11uzdk

agris

Arcane
Patron
If you equip backpack and rifle and activate alt holding mode, you can see rifle stock through backpack in some directions.
Tested with actual trunk/gamedir.
MBHEmr6.png

Demo video:
https://youtu.be/4bJLK11uzdk
If you’re going to weaponize autism, report it directly to the devs. This kind of feedback, if you want it to be actionable, is best provided in the mod’s dev forums/irc.

Sevenfm

Novice
LOBOT modifies source code in 1.13 to support layered animations like in Fallout Tactics, so there's no way to use them in vanilla.

Fargus

Arcane
I'm kinda new to ja2 modding outside of just using 1.13.

I use one of the july's builds of this. I heard lobot is included there, but i dont see new sprites so maybe not. Can i just casually install it on top of it?

Sevenfm

Novice
I think LOBOT is a part of base 1.13 now but you need to enable it in the ingame options.

Sevenfm

Novice
I wonder if it would be possible to show gun on a sling on the back, just like the backpack is shown.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Updated LOBOT in 7609 modpack to latest version.
Base 1.13, SDO mod, Aimnas have Filters.xml updated and should work ok, other mods like Arulco Vacations and IoV use default 1.13 LOBOT settings and may be inaccurate.
If you are interested, get 7609 modpack here: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/xy0TMop1W-jtPw
Unstable modpack was also updated, only base 1.13 fully supports LOBOT, mods like Aimnas or AFS need Filters.xml update.
Short demo video with LOBOT in 7609 modpack (SDO mod) and some more SDO crafting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKI4CnSRhk

Hi Sevenfm, can you post some updated links?

I cant seem to find your modpack anywhere now.

Asdow

Educated
Because I know I haven't had to pixel hunt enough for that one merc I know I have somewhere.

image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
fc5d4398-4fc4-47d9-be4e-f069d26e3de2.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom