1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Jennell Jaquays on Interplay's Lord of the Rings RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.R.R._Tolkien's_The_Lord_of_the_Rings,_Vol._I_(1990_video_game)

It was originally going to be an original fantasy IP called "Secrets of the Magi": https://www.facebook.com/jennell.jaquays/posts/828226757269318

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW, it's amazing how little-known or at least little-discussed this game is on the Codex.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  2. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Cool, looks like Shadow Sorcerer:

[​IMG]

We should tweet this to Fargo for comments.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. V_K Arcane

V_K
    Pity it didn't happen. Following too closely the book's plot is the worst part about this game.

^ Top  
  4. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    That, and the simplistic combat.

^ Top  
  5. Viata Arcane

Viata
    I find this so nice to see. Simple yet on point.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Wasn't Arwen blonde in this game?

^ Top  
  7. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    More stuff: https://www.facebook.com/Jennell.Ja...1073741830.1473304302937677/1617012328566873/

[​IMG]

I wonder how many historical materials have been thrown to trash cans in this industry. :roll:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  8. taxalot I'm a spicy fellow. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

LOTR Vol 1 was one of my first RPG. I will always remember it fondly and I really mean to replay it. I understand it's pretty meh when you know of other games, but I had no knowledge of Ultima or anything back then. The world felt huge to me, and that you could different approaches to solve one problem was mind blowing to me.

I was ... 9 or 10 when I started playing and could hardly understand english. I owe this game a lot. I actually started playing it before reading the book ; I'm not sure how old you guys were when you read it but reading it LOTR at 10 was an exceptional experience for me. I am pretty sure I owe this book my love of reading and writing since nobody actually reads books in my family :(

I still re-read it once in a while and it's always a great experience, even knowing the story by heart. It's really more about the travel and the characters than it is about the story. LOTR is pretty great litterature and you guys are pretty shitty to call it dated :(

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  9. k0syak Savant

k0syak
    I sometimes have flashbacks with music (PC SPEAKER) from this game :-O

^ Top  
  10. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    That's some fine adventuring music right there.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.