Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Jews jewing again

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Darth Roxor, Mar 17, 2021.

1. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    [​IMG]

Roboute Guilliman returns to see the Tribe infesting the highest halls of his kingdom.

Seriously infinitron, why do you have to be such a spastic? There was a time when the front page of this site actually had a sense of humour. Not a fucking chance would you have removed a post from DU.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    I know I'm in the minority here but I'd argue that shit like TOW or BG3 or any number of retarded AAA trashfires shouldn't have threads on this forum, or at least heavily restricted threads that remain closed unless there are new developments regarding the game.

• Brofist x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. c2007 Arbiter

c2007
    This has been a fairly great read, overall.

Political intrigue. What in the actual fuck with the modding/demodding/remodding? That is some infantile garbage, very disappointed to see that damning evidence.

An adult acting like an adult throughout an entire conversation (Saint_Proverbius ) which was an odd experience overall... It was calming reading your posts, which somehow "subverted my expectations" of the 'dex. Thank you.

Rusty and Roxor with some good arguments. Not people I always agree with, but here they were mostly on point and nailed it several times.

Shillitron exposed, defensive, I sensed butthurt radiating like a gamma ray burst. Had multiple easy ways out, had olive branch extended and ignored it favoring a Maginot line approach.

There is enough decline in the world, Infinitron . Share the platform, like a male human with actual testicles.

• Balanced x 5
    • Brofist x 2
    • (autism) x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • No x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    He did. I pointed this out elsewhere, but I don't think I said it here. Infinitron is protective of this site, which isn't a bad thing. He was just worried that I wasn't on the up and up. It was me that disappeared for over a decade and during that time, it was he who stepped up. I show back up out of no where(mainly because I have more time now), and decide to contribute. He has every reason to be suspicious. I'm not sure if he even knew at the time why I came back and why I had more time to do things around here.

As far as news goes, he and I have a different opinion on what news is. This isn't a bad thing at all when you think about it. That means I'll post things he wouldn't and vice versa. The example I used was that he gets press releases, I don't and probably won't. He's got that covered. I like crazy, small time things that might slip through the cracks. Are they all good? Probably not, but someone might like them.

Anyway, I hadn't posted in here for a while, so I thought I might reply to say everything is great and it's only getting better.

• Brofist x 11
    • Salute x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Peaceful protest x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Equip the Ring x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Shitty Kitty Learned

Shitty Kitty
    Being protective of the site itself is arguably fine depending largely on what the perceived threat is, gatekeeping on individuals and their access to their purported job functions kind of goes above and beyond that. That's micromanagement and nobody likes that.

If a manager type doesn't trust an employee or coworker charged with a given task to perform that task more or less autonomously it doesn't look good.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    As I said before, the way he has decided to act is completely fucked up. As soon as you was given back your mod rights and Infinitron had some suspicions, the whole issue should have been brought to the head honcho - DU - and settled privately between the three of you. That's how adult men with actual balls solve their issues. Instead, we got this:

[​IMG]

That's not how the man acts. Shady actions between everyone's back, in secret from both you and DU, are the signs of a coward.

Codex admin corps already has a quite rotten reputation, and it doesn't take much time to notice that (just visit this subforum, lol, the majority of threads here is about one mod or another); stuff like this does nothing to improve the already tarnished reputation. If Infinitron wants to present himself as a "responsible" moderator, who wants to keep RPG Codex a "respectable" place, his way of doing things goes completely against this intention; there are many more things to say about his ways, for example, a complete lack of feedback to anyone concerning his actions.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  7. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    Feminine energy runs deep.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Newsposting was great back then. We had commentary. And quality shitting on games. VD was on fire but he wasn't the only quality newsposter.

We also had newsposts informing us of titles we might not have heard of otherwise. Very useful.

Now all we've got is shilling.

The front page used to be my homepage, now I don't even visit.

• Brofist x 8
    • Agree x 3
    • decline x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Gimp Mask Augur

Gimp Mask
    Saint Proverbius posting news; am I wrong to hope for some old time lambasting of shitty games to give me an excuse to check out the front page every now and then?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    You can check the news page from inside the forums man. Rest assured, there is no need to ever leave the Codex forums.

^ Top  
  11. Gimp Mask Augur

Gimp Mask
    Well, the magnificent Prosperium was the only reason for me to visit the forums and apparently now he's leaving for good, so no reason to check the forums until he eventually comes back again

Edit: Let me clarify that I'm not making any claims about the Codex, I'm simply a big Prosper fan, he's like the Tommy Wiseau of the games industry, it's all very... interesting.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady Error
    Strap Yourselves In
    Being a Codex news poster has its perks:

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • consume product consume product x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. gabel Learned

gabel
    Ah, Infinitron doesn't play games, news at 11.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    we play games?

• Yes x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • No x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    But the standard isn't "imagin[ing] anyone here would care about"; is it? As Roxor pointed out in the chat log in the OP, there's ton of shit news posts covering items no one at the codex cares about, principally the tea leaves of failed retrodevs like OE, inXile and Larian. If Saint_Proverbius posts a news piece about a shit game occasionally, that makes his posts par for the course. Not cause for censorship.

• Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Go into grpgd and sort threads by number of replies and number of views to see what most of the Codex truly cares about. :M

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady Error
    Strap Yourselves In
    Other than BG3, none of those are about the upcoming or recently released Obsidian or inXile titles (Wasteland 3, Bard's Tale 4, Outer Worlds, etc.):

[​IMG]

It is more of a list of what the Codex used to care about.

• popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Outside of Underrail and, maybe, Pathfinder, this list is pure lol

RPGCodex is not a popularity contest

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    This is the same type of argument that caused the popamole-ification of games - it's popular, what could be wrong about it. Doesn't feel like a Codexian line of argumentation.

I gather the truth is a lot more complicated and you probably don't want to dig into it publicly, but why not say that rather than the pithy replies. Unless you truly do think that there is a correct way to police news posts: by popularity of the underlying game being covered.

edit: clarity, typos.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Popularity has long been Roguey's primary measuring stick for quality though. Retarded, but what can ya do

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Just seems like a waste of energy to me to post about some janky low budget action RPG. :M

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    hey why hating outer worlds

• Funny x 3
    • Slam dunk! x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    Sure - but just as much energy to censor such post and then defend said-censorship, no?

^ Top  
  24. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    It takes far less effort to delete a post than it is to make one. :P

It also wasn't censorship, it was Infinitron exercising his role as editor-in-chief to have the newspage look the way he wanted it (Codex Content is published, the forum is the platform). He was ultimately overruled so. :M

^ Top  
  25. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Codex has a frontpage?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.