Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Sentinel

Arcane
heh, sawyer complaining about shit UI feedback

ironic

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
2018 saw a lot of shitty co-op implementations.

Monster Hunter World has that mindnumbingly retarded requirement where everyone has to play a mission before they could do it with friends. Also has an incredibly awkward lobby system where you can only see if someone is in your game if you go to a specific part of the hub area.
State of Decay 2 has other players just act as more intelligent NPCs who can only help you gather supplies, rather than it being some kind of "shared world" where you could have a base for each person on the corners of the map or have everyone contribute to one super base.
Far Cry 5 has player 2 make no progress so if they play to the end with their friend and go back to singleplayer they've lost ~20 hours of progress.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy/clip/TenderArborealSmoothiePoooound?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Would like to see his whole appearance but this was all I could find in the clips.

Edit: found beginning:

Praise pretty much exclusively for New Vegas, someone says "I love anything Chris Avellone writes for!", streamer says he hasn't played either Pillars but has loved what he's played of Tyranny. Saying all the wrong things.

Other appearances:

What a hit!

Last edited:

gaussgunner

Arcane
Wait AOC went on a twitch stream? Ya gurl is down with the kids!

dJoT8rj.jpg

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It's not surprising Josh Sawyer, a known fascist, chose as his wallpaper a painting done during 19th century nationalist revival to incorporate Cossack elements to Russian identity that is based on entirely fabricated events, letters and scenes for the sole purpose of constructing a unified Eurasian belonging. Regional and isolate cultures, especially ones that aren't necessarily ethnic, are abhorrent to fascists.

Meanwhile in reality, this is how events followed:

"The Zaporozhian Sich had its own authorities, its own "Nizovy" Zaporozhsky Host, and its own land. In the latter half of the 18th century, Russian authorities destroyed this Zaporozhian Host and gave its lands to landlords. Some Cossacks moved to the Danube delta region, where they formed the Danubian Sich under Ottoman rule."

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

The letter and what it is supposedly replying are both fabricated. Kind of stops being funny if someone literally just made it up for nationalistic memes.

19th century is full of fabricated supposed events that are used to create nationalist identities. It's doubly funny in case of Cossack letter because Russians wiped Zaporozhian host out then just a century later make them their folk tale. Obviously a fascist like Sawyer sees no contradiction in such absorption of cultural markers to national identity, such as how Nazis also incorporated stories such as black company of Florian Geyers.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
19th century is full of fabricated supposed events that are used to create nationalist identities.
Sure, that's natural, given that nationalism itself was the proto-meme of late 18th century Prussia...

It's doubly funny in case of Cossack letter because Russians wiped Zaporozhian host out then just a century later make them their folk tale.
It's the Russian way. They did it with the Belorussians too.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom