Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JRPG One Piece Odyssey Announced

Duraframe300

Arcane
Honestly, I'd be interested in an open-world rpg that features the setting, but not the charachters. It's a unique enough setting with comparatively a huge amount of world building to draw from. There's potential there.

Could offer a huge amount of gameplay variety too with ships/devil fruits/whatever, even if it won't be the most balanced.

Would make for a fun game (imo).

Lokiamis

Learned
I played it for an hour or two. It was an endless loop of walking 5 steps (sometimes fewer), triggering a cutscene, and taking a few more steps again. Enemies were attacking me for 1 pixel of my life bar. Menu navigation is the worst I've seen in any game, not helped by the game not recognizing my controller and only showing me keyboard controls on-screen. I feel like you've gotta be a really big OP fan for this one.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, I don't the "special itemization system" adding a real strategic layer to this. Seems like it mostly boil down to which flavor of gomu-gomu no punch you're going to spam for 60 hours. Maybe good enough for the fan if the artistic direction is good enough, but I don't seen the point for anyone else.

Derringer

Prophet
Most of the One Piece games really aren't that good, I remember having some fun with the Grand Battles smash clones though (and the One Piece GBA game feels like a proto for the Dragon Ball GBA game). The Wii games made by Ganbarion also seemed fun but I never played them past the first one for like an hour.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Looks like the game has actual good b00bies in it. Do the devs know it is 2023 and that's forbidden?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom