Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter: GhostControl Inc. - A Ghostbusters RPG

dragonbait

Augur
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Stay Puft

Look interesting. Though, it looks little too lighthearted for something dealing with ghosts.

Person who has never seen Ghostbusters detected. Watch it NOW (for Bill Murray being awesome if nothing else).

Edit: if you don't get what we mean by 'unofficial Ghostbusters game', look at the image above. That's the movie's 'end boss'. The game seems to be very very obviously riffing on Ghostbusters (going by the equipment) - if you think it's too lighthearted, you need to aquaint yourself with the Ghostbusters setting.

Just don't watch the sequel, whatever you do. It's F***** terrible (so much so that a lot of fans even put the shitty game that came out a few years ago, with the actors returning to do the voices, the 'proper' sequel even though the game itself sucked).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just don't watch the sequel, whatever you do. It's F***** terrible (so much so that a lot of fans even put the shitty game that came out a few years ago, with the actors returning to do the voices, the 'proper' sequel even though the game itself sucked).
I found the sequel not bad at all, although definitely inferior to the first part. Haven't played the official game.

ColCol

Arcane
Yes, yes, the the design of the ghosts/monsters in the ghost buster films was always completely lighthearted

Ghost-Librarian_BIO-1boxart_160w.jpg

GB-II-Movie-Theatre-Ghost.jpg

terrordog.jpeg

ghostbusters-taxi-ghost-matty-collector-venkman-ready-to-believe-you-figure.jpg

Morkar Left

Sorry, no fucking time to play the game but there are already some Let's plays on youtube.

ASHGAMES

Barely Literate
Excidium:
Official comment by publisher - hope this information is welcome:

Why there even is a store function instead of selling everything right away I have no clue so far. You can even upgrade it for more storage.

You'll see later on. There is a reason. ;-)

You can only save your game in the HQ btw. and you have to pay rent for the HQ.

And any time by using the in-game smart phone.

Maybe I didn't notice it properly but I didn't see how you can know how much money you earn in a mission before accepting it.

Correct: You don't know. But you will find out what's worth more or less. And actually you can sort of tell if you interpret the phone calls with the mission alerts. Will not spoil how.

There is different equipment available with different qualities (like the chance for a trap to catch a ghost) but I don't know if equipment is different in use.

It is different in use.

So far I miss special abilities like ghosts taking control of your teammembers or instantly paralyze them. Don't know if that exists but there was some ghost with a teleport ability at least.

Trust me, you will find that later on. Good guess. ;-)

Maybe there is an overall storyline per city because you receive some newspaper with some story info. But I'm not sure if thats leads to anything or is just some easy fluff.

I actually wrote it. So you are right there is a story line embedded in News Messages and Phone Calls. We designed it in a way that there is no real disadvantage for players who want to avoid reading them - except if they share our sense of humor they will miss the jokes.

da_rays

Augur
Gonna give this a whirl this weekend , ill try to give some feedback , does seem repetitive , but ITS GHOSTBUSTER! errr , i mean Ghost Control. Look like Theme hospital with proton packs xD . Like the nostalgia feeling tho....will try to give feedback this week or something. Thanks for the info tho, that thing went completly under my radar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom