Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Someone dropped out so he'd need more money 5 days ago. Project was closed with 175% funding 1 month ago. Can't he just use the $2036 he went over his goal to hire someone to write a few banalshitboring animu numbers with squeaky voices?
I don't think you'll get many compositions for just 2K dollars. It doesn't seem like that guy did anything wrong other than believing the guy who offered to make music for free.
But in general I'm vary about these kickstarters who only ask for a few thousand dollars. If you can't manage to save up that much money yourself, I'm not sure I trust you with any of mine.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There are many composers who would do a score for 2K or less, or even free. Myself included (if I felt really strongly about the project).

Kz3r0

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"37 Saddest Failed Kickstarters" http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/37-saddest-failed-kickstarters

enhanced-buzz-14576-1335820036-8.jpg

The Pitch: "f you've ever used Google Maps, you might have noticed the Street View. I want to do something similar, but in 3D, and with an Japanese anime-inspired aesthetic."

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Reddit's interview with the Nekro team is worrying:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/t07b6/iama_professional_video_game_designer_ive_made

Question (Endrin):

How do you feel about DLC and microtransactions versus large expansion packs? How will the future of Nekro be effected by the current DLC trends in the industry?

Answer (darkForgeGames):

I really miss large expansion packs. Come to think of it I miss the days when you didn't have to log into your facebook account on the main page of a game to play it. But...times change. And I have to keep up to stay relevant in the industry.

I think micro-transactions are definitely the future of gaming. They allow a much lower bar of entry because games can be given out for free. But they do add a bit of a "someone's trying to sell me something" vibe. I like games that are all encompassing. I don't mind paying more money to know I'm getting a complete product.

The good news for Nekro is we're making a game that lends itself to these DLC trends very nicely. New units, monsters, areas, and armor sets are very easy to separate out and sell as DLC packs.

I've no issues with big additions to the game like expansion packs, or small cosmetic replacements (edit: to make it clear, I'm referring to those sprite packs that cost only like a dollar) like the HoI games, but if they're going to charge me for a set of super armour or an item integral to the context of the core game ...

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
10k 4 rpg pls
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ark-lord-episode-i-tides-of-fate?ref=category

check out that developer profile
http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/kisarethstudios

15+ hours of Gameplay

- High-Res retro graphics and animations

- Side-view active-time battles (ATB) reminiscent of the classic console RPGs

- Optional quests and bonus dungeons

- Sweeping musical scores featuring the talents of Kevin Macleod, zero-project, and Sketchy Logic

- Decisions you and your party make will affect later events and even whether townspeople live or die and much more!

Enter a world of shadowy intrigue where stained pasts collide with the present in an explosive confrontation that will define one young man's dark destiny, as he attempts to thwart the machinations of a true evil beyond all imagining...

hell yes those graphics are retro as heck they remind me a lot of the first final fantasy except without the excuse of limited experience or technology

Kz3r0

Arcane
10k 4 rpg pls
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ark-lord-episode-i-tides-of-fate?ref=category

check out that developer profile
http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/kisarethstudios

15+ hours of Gameplay

- High-Res retro graphics and animations

- Side-view active-time battles (ATB) reminiscent of the classic console RPGs

- Optional quests and bonus dungeons

- Sweeping musical scores featuring the talents of Kevin Macleod, zero-project, and Sketchy Logic

- Decisions you and your party make will affect later events and even whether townspeople live or die and much more!

Enter a world of shadowy intrigue where stained pasts collide with the present in an explosive confrontation that will define one young man's dark destiny, as he attempts to thwart the machinations of a true evil beyond all imagining...

hell yes those graphics are retro as heck they remind me a lot of the first final fantasy except without the excuse of limited experience or technology
A tranny wants 10K$ for a console port.:hmmm:
Here a LP of the PC version:

Kz3r0

Arcane
FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior, formerly known as Vigrior : Maneuver Warfare has reaches its goal.

Alex

Arcane
I don't quite know what to think of this.

It is a project that aims to put real "emergent" storytelling in games.

On one side, they have a pretty good list of names of people as advisors (if you haven't clicked the link yet, Chris Avellone is one of them). And the project looks a lot like Storytron, which is a good thing except by the fact I feel Mr. Crawford is being ripped off a bit. On the other hand, the apparent focus on MMO games is really chilling.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't quite know what to think of this.

It is a project that aims to put real "emergent" storytelling in games.

On one side, they have a pretty good list of names of people as advisors (if you haven't clicked the link yet, Chris Avellone is one of them). And the project looks a lot like Storytron, which is a good thing except by the fact I feel Mr. Crawford is being ripped off a bit. On the other hand, the apparent focus on MMO games is really chilling.
Chris Avellone is Chief Creative Officer of Obsidian Entertainment and is also working on Wasteland 2. He advises Storybricks on game development issues.
I think that someone from the staff should contact MCA and ask if this is true or they are misrepresenting his involvment or outright lying.

Edit:
Sorry Jaesun but this is news, true or false.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom