Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The pitch for THIS however is amazing, just amazing
$11,111 goal
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pinkerator/inner-dream?ref=category

pinkk.large.jpg

Project By: Evgeniy Kolpakov

:thumbsup:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Indiegogo site is awful. You click to the project and can't see anything til you scroll down.
If only that would be the only problem they have, the number of outright scams and absolutely retarded shit is overwhelming, by comparison Kickstarter is a beacon of honesty and well thought projects.

As of the latest news people will be thrilled to know that Echoes of Eternia got more that 40K$ and the yogcast guys more than half a million, Doc McNinja has been funded too.

And now , for something absolutely retarded:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...in-an-abandoned-house-naturally/?ref=kicktraq

Kz3r0

Arcane
Yeah the "fund anyway" type of funding makes the whole site a joke, may as well say :give me free monies". I'm surprised the kenshi one used that instead of kickstarter. Looks like they have an actual game of some kind (though I'm not sure what).
Because he's not an American citizen I think, theoretically only US citizens could make Kickstarter projects, even if it seems that Russians and Belorussians are included too.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now might be a good time for any big time videogame kickstarter wannabe.
Doublefine, Wasteland, Shadowrun and Banner Saga are done. All that's left are (mostly) shitty jRPG and (mostly) cool looking board games.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah the "fund anyway" type of funding makes the whole site a joke, may as well say :give me free monies". I'm surprised the kenshi one used that instead of kickstarter. Looks like they have an actual game of some kind (though I'm not sure what).
Because he's not an American citizen I think, theoretically only US citizens could make Kickstarter projects, even if it seems that Russians and Belorussians are included too.
The way I understand it, you need a US bank account for Kickstarter. Having a US bank account doesn't mean that you have to be a US citizen or live in the US though. The Legends of Eisenwald Belarussian guys may have went to the US on an internship or on a work-and-travel programme and opened an account when they were there, or they may just have a friend in the US who opened an account for them to use for this project. There may be even other hipotheses I haven't thought about, but the point is that, although it is more difficult, you can still start a Kickstarter project if you're not an US citizen and you don't live in the US.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

However... the first thing I noticed opening a box was the incredibly noxious smell that apparently was coming from the jute bag.

haven't used my Joulies much more since the first day... I don't really know why. It seems like quality enough of a product. But maybe since I have a thermos mug the Joulies just don't really ever seem all that necessary I guess? In any case, I think the reason why so many people in the comments here seem unsatisfied is that we all had to wait SO long before we got our Joulies... That kind of anticipation naturally leads to overblown expectations from the product which inevitably then leads to being let down. Nothing can live up to the dreams our minds can invent over six months!

:hero:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
USB joystick is about 9 bucks.
Problem is getting one that works well for left handed people. Joysticks are niche enough products these days that i'd have to track one down online. Even if I found one, I'd then have to pay exorbitant shipping rates. And I don't really play enough sims that require one (or any for that matter) to warrant the expense.

Kz3r0

Arcane
sgc_meltdown, hare a selection from other projects:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ouch-pen-the-evolution-of-the-stylus/comments
The ilounge picture of the pen rubber grips really looks quite bad. Just wondering why the pictures differ from the ones shown on the videos ...
Can I have a spare of rubber grip?
Maybe the rubber grip is consumable parts, it will be bad status before ink was empty for some people.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...essly-share-any-usb-storage-with-ipa/comments
I got mine about 3 wks ago. And I can say that my cloudftp is just sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust right now. If you're using IOS devices this cloudftp is just working fine. But for android devices, this device is failed, doesn't work as it supposed to be. If you read again from "Project Home" descriptions, this cloudftp is dedicated for IOS/Android devices but in fact it's only for IOS. The most problematic is NO support from sanho if we got a problem and really slow to fix the update. And SDK/API which is promised to be opensource is still no sign to be shared.
LOL, someone still believes that iFaggotry is open source friendly.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jmcrae/b-squares-modular-solar-powered-electrics/comments
I haven't been abel to charge my iphone since I first got the B-squares. I paid and extra 25 dollars and it did absoulty nothing.. I've tried charging the battery in the sunlight a whole day, with that I even added a solar pannel on the side of the charger with the battery with no results. I don't even hold a charge enought to power the light. it only worked for a week and the light broke or the solar pannel broke. I'm gonig to swing with the solar pannel .. is there a chance I might be able to get a replacment on the solar panel?
Still curious, though I'm betting this is a dead forum, has anyone been able to charge an Android phone? I broke down and purchased another battery square, which theoretically ensures that the output (working in sequence with two) is powerful enough to charge my phone's battery. Still no luck on that end though.

Destroid

Arcane
Startups manufacturing their first product are having quality control issues, who'd have thought.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah Haunts looks interesting. God damn fucking sounds in the video though.

EDIT: 5 dollars pledged.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Panzer Pets: Hmm turn-based MMO with a small party and movement: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamundo/panzer-pets-customizable-robots-mmo?ref=recommended

While the current basic battle system is already quite interesting, we believe we should add some additional depth. At the moment, we are experimenting with a system which allows battles to take place directly in the game world, have players move their robots during battles and make terrain elevation and obstacles important in a tactical sense.
The way this works is best compared to a streamlined version of UFO: Enemy Unknown or the original Fallout, but with our game, battle scenes are randomly generated just like our dungeons.

Dark Meridian: Seems like a Savage type of game http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967856643/dark-meridian?ref=category

Kz3r0

Arcane

Kitako

Arcane

From their page:
For every $5 you give to support Haunts: The Manse Macabre, you will receive a code good for downloading one copy of the game. You can (and are encouraged to) give away the extra codes to friends, to sell them to strangers, or print them out and frame them as a testament to your generosity and fine taste.

:obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom