Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
5 days to go on the left-handed card game:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500894669/serpents-tongue-a-new-magick-experience?ref=live

Still no definite word on shipping costs outside Kwanzania, but they claimed at 75k$ they'd be able to set up a drop-off point in Germany for european backers. I remain hopeful but everyone should be aware that they are still gambling on shipping costs at this point. I sent a message to Christopher Gabrielson on kickstarter asking for possible clarification and will forward any response I may get to KKKodexu.

I'm still on the fence (even though the components look gorgeous as ever. I'm slightly sad to see the hourglasses went in favour of digital timers though I suppose it may add suspense not knowing exactly how long you have left). I've been poking around to dig up information and this is what I found:

A quickstart version of the game rules.
A video walkthrough of the game (not actual gameplay though. Poo).

I want to like this game. I really do. But I'm still on the fence on whether or not to throw my jewgold at them.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
5 days to go on the left-handed card game:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500894669/serpents-tongue-a-new-magick-experience?ref=live

Still no definite word on shipping costs outside Kwanzania, but they claimed at 75k$ they'd be able to set up a drop-off point in Germany for european backers. I remain hopeful but everyone should be aware that they are still gambling on shipping costs at this point. I sent a message to Christopher Gabrielson on kickstarter asking for possible clarification and will forward any response I may get to KKKodexu.

I want to like this game. I really do. But I'm still on the fence on whether or not to throw my jewgold at them.
I'm on the exact same boat, especially since shipping costs to BR lands is usually insane. And not a single gameplay until now is very lame, I wanted to see how da fuck it works as a single player game and if is something I'll actually play or just a fucking beatifull set...

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now might be a good time for any big time videogame kickstarter wannabe.
Doublefine, Wasteland, Shadowrun and Banner Saga are done. All that's left are (mostly) shitty jRPG and (mostly) cool looking board games.
We still need to get Eisenwald funded though ! But I agree, after that happens, Double Bear shoyld set us up the bomb. I'm almost giving up on the MCA kickstarter...I feel the warp overtaking me...

DraQ this might be in your line of interests: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/celsiusgs/drifter-a-space-trading-game

I did not read/watch all of it but it gave me that 'Elite' vibe.. although generated universe vs. actual universe.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We still need to get Eisenwald funded though ! But I agree, after that happens, Double Bear shoyld set us up the bomb. I'm almost giving up on the MCA kickstarter...I feel the warp overtaking me...

DraQ this might be in your line of interests: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/celsiusgs/drifter-a-space-trading-game

I did not read/watch all of it but it gave me that 'Elite' vibe.. although generated universe vs. actual universe.
Whoa, this looks interesting. I hope the Drifter kickstarter will succeed, it seems without kickstarter they will only made az iOS version.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
In case anybody is interested in PnP kickstarter statistics, there's a pretty detailed series of posts (3 installments so far) at: http://www.geekindustrialcomplex.com/articles/crowdfunding-report-part-1

This survey looks at 150 crowdfunding projects from websites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo that focus on role playing game related material. The bulk of the projects were found through a forum thread on RPG.net, though a few came from other sources on the internet. They cover a time period from April 2011 to April 2012.

Patterns in Unsuccessful Projects: The Kickstarter website provides analysis on how projects perform. One important target is reaching 30% of the project goal. Those projects that do are successful 90% of the time. This is clearly reflected in the unsuccessful pool's average goal of $5700. Thirty percent of that average is $1710, however the average raised was only $1058.88 . Taken as a whole unsuccessful projects were only reaching 18% of their goal.

Interesting stuff if you're into numbers, even if the difference between PnP and cRRPg budgets is quite large...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1385457817/kingdom-of-epicland

Kingdom of Epicland the first game of its kind to combine the Point-and-Click adventure genre with the RPG genre. With influences from games such as Broken Sword, The Longest Journey, and Baldur's Gate, Kingdom of Epicland allows the player to play a Point-and-Click adventure game with a slightly humorous, but engaging story with combined with traditional style RPG combat and exploration. This game will bring together the best features of these two genres into one game. This game will be released for the PC only.

In the video they seemed to have quite a bit done already. Interesting.... That name is utterly gay though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1385457817/kingdom-of-epicland

Kingdom of Epicland the first game of its kind to combine the Point-and-Click adventure genre with the RPG genre. With influences from games such as Broken Sword, The Longest Journey, and Baldur's Gate, Kingdom of Epicland allows the player to play a Point-and-Click adventure game with a slightly humorous, but engaging story with combined with traditional style RPG combat and exploration. This game will bring together the best features of these two genres into one game. This game will be released for the PC only.

In the video they seemed to have quite a bit done already. Interesting.... That name is utterly gay though.
The guy never heard of the conquest series, at least he is upfront about the expenses, only what he's asking seems too little, oh well, I will add it to the Graphic Adventures section.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The guy never heard of the conquest series, at least he is upfront about the expenses, only what he's asking seems too little, oh well, I will add it to the Graphic Adventures section.
Not to mention the Quest for Glory series... no one who has not played that should be allowed to even think of developing an adventure/RPG.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Portal has been canceled, they said that will restart the project with a goal of 550K$ this time, practically half of what they were asking for.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Relevant to Serpents tongue

Christopher Gabrielson said:
Hello Ulminati,
1. Drop ship point negotiations should be concluded soon, we needed more international backers, as for price for shipping for you still to be determined, but we are hoping by tomorrow or the day after we should have everything finalized. We are encouraging combining shipments and will help match people up after the KS ends and we can see all the addresses. http://www.becomemagi.com/kickstarter-rewards/group-shipping-rates/
2. Yes we released a video maybe a week ago here is the link.
http://www.becomemagi.com/the-first-steps-of-an-initiate/

Kz3r0, Jaesun, felipepepe, udm
I beleive you were interested in this one? 4 days to go, the gameplay video looks interesting.

Also, while browsing their forums I came about this thread discussing the hand gestures they used in the demonstration
http://www.becomemagi.com/topic/hand-symbols-gestures-somatic-components/

All the more sinister spells will require you to use your left hand for somatic gestures.

And stuffies.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Cool I didn't know they'd released a gameplay video already. Thanks for the link Ulminati!
-edit- Hey the video's private. Do I need to request for permission from them to watch it? I also sent them a message on KS to ask about this.

Also, you guys will probably be happy to know that Xenonauts is now on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts

Either Steam or Desura though. Desura is the lesser of evils, but still I dropped them a PM asking for a DRM-free/GOG release.

udm

Arcane
Patron
It seems so for dev builds, but on their KS page:

Can I have a Steam key for Xenonauts?
Yes, you will on release. We have now signed a distribution deal with the good folk at Valve.
Xenonauts will use Desura for distributing pre-order builds until the game is finished, which is a similar service to Steam but is more geared towards indie games.
At release, all pre-orderers and Kickstarter backers will be given the choice of a Desura or Steam key for their pre-order.

Unless I'm mistaken and backers will actually get a non-Desura/Steam version in addition to that.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Cool I didn't know they'd released a gameplay video already. Thanks for the link Ulminati!
-edit- Hey the video's private. Do I need to request for permission from them to watch it? I also sent them a message on KS to ask about this.

Weird... I cna watch it just fine from work by clicking the link in that post. And I'm not logged into gmail/jewt00b here.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Thanks, I tried opening it in IE and now it works fine.

-edit- Oh, I see. That's because the developer has just set the video to public 1 minute ago for ago upon my request (so it has nothing to do with browsers). Neato :cool:
-edit2- Just finished watching the video. Looks good. Bit awkward, but that's how I'd expect a newbie session to go down, and I'm glad the video reflects that. Can't wait to see their second gameplay video which I hope they'll upload before the KS ends.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Also, you guys will probably be happy to know that Xenonauts is now on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts

Either Steam or Desura though. Desura is the lesser of evils, but still I dropped them a PM asking for a DRM-free/GOG release.

And only $200 to have your likeness added to the game as a soldier.

Are Codex Trolls eligble to fight aliens? Will DarkUnderlord start the least ambitious donation drive in Codex history?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom