Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kz3r0
What do you think about highlighting differently the hardware and software "most funded list" projects, like you did in the "board game vs. video game" case?
Done, I used violet.
You missed the "top 10 list" in the OP.

Edit:
In the big list, I think you can highlight as gaming hardware:
#189. $00,135,003 Ringbow - Next Generation Gaming Accessory

It's not exclusively for gaming, but it's a nifty little peripheral. I think it also has a lot of potential for mobile gaming.

LordDenton

Augur
Blackspace - physics based planetary simulation RTS http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1035580424/blackspace-plan-dig-defend-survive
The vibe I'm getting is that they're trying to do something like a realistic version of Planetary Annihilation.
The development team's experience:

"Working together for the past 7 years, Jerry Phaneuf and Volga Aksoy have contributed to award-winning AAA games, including EA Sports MMA, Madden NFL Franchises, NASCAR Franchises, Tiger Woods PGA Tour franchises, and more."

:keepmyjewgold:

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Blackspace - physics based planetary simulation RTS http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1035580424/blackspace-plan-dig-defend-survive
The vibe I'm getting is that they're trying to do something like a realistic version of Planetary Annihilation.
The development team's experience:

"Working together for the past 7 years, Jerry Phaneuf and Volga Aksoy have contributed to award-winning AAA games, including EA Sports MMA, Madden NFL Franchises, NASCAR Franchises, Tiger Woods PGA Tour franchises, and more."

:keepmyjewgold:
You know, they left EA and now they're working on a really incline game. If you can't get over where they worked and focus on what they're working now, then you would have to exclude large swathes of games currently in development. With attitudes like this, you're more:decline: than they are. They actually are :incline:, unlike you.

skuphundaku

Patron

Kz3r0

Arcane
made is a BRO and brings us the news that the sequel to Nexus: The Jupiter Incident was just launched on KS:

Codex thread: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/nexus-2-kickstarer-is-live.76483/
KS page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mostwanted/nexus-2-the-gods-awaken

They're asking for $650k, which may be their undoing. They even acknowledge this on their KS page.
It has been already added, if you notice I brofisted Made when he started the thread.
Rudimentary BattleZone in space. I'm sold :P

Edit:
They want to license an engine. Shitty planning.
Practically half of their budget is required for that license.

DraQ

Arcane
I... I... I just came.
:bounce:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Chances are it will go the way of TorchShips and Ground Branch, indeed.
:x

Still, TorchShips had very little to actually show. This one here looks like it at least has a lot of content ready (placeholder my ass) and I really dig the style.

This. They should have gone with polished version of whatever they were using the last time. It did pretty much all that is needed in a space RTS.

I... I... I just came.
:bounce:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Chances are it will go the way of TorchShips and Ground Branch, indeed.
:x

Still, TorchShips had very little to actually show. This one here looks like it at least has a lot of content ready (placeholder my ass) and I really dig the style.

This. They should have gone with polished version of whatever they were using the last time. It did pretty much all that is needed in a space RTS.

The vibe I'm getting is more of a Battlezone in space. :bounce:

Shit this looks good. I hope it gets funded, it would be a pity if it wasn't. Damn, all the have to do is spread the word. I'm sure this looks great even to retards...

GreyViper

Prophet
Sooo I never thought seeing Nexus 2 again on kickstarter. Yet here it is Nexus 2: The Gods Awaken looks good, but not sure about the back story.
A resurrection of a sequel to the much über space RTS Nexus: The Jupter Incident went Kickstarter with a rather ambitious goal of $650k.:incline:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Interesting case described in the comments on this kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ad-accessory-use-the-ipad-hands-free/comments

Man kickstarts an iPad stand, squanders the money and fails to deliver anything.
Judge rules man is personally liable for the collected money since he had siphoned some of it for his private spending, man required to refund money to pledgers.

Reapa, better make sure you spend all that collected money on building the castle, no early retirement for you! :smug:

Kz3r0

Arcane
All right, I am going on hiatus for an unspecified amount of time, if by the first of November I hadn't post anything consider this my last post on the Codex.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
All right, I am going on hiatus for an unspecified amount of time, if by the first of November I hadn't post anything consider this my last post on the Codex.
The Union of Codex does not look favorably on those who leave her behind comrade Kz3r0, even a great man can become a traitor. Remember that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom