Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

swilsonblackshirt.large.jpg

:hmmm: ... ... ... 1147 guys and gals did trust that face with their moolah ... ... ...

In before Codex Fundraiser for the Black Cat RPG and stuffies~

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-04/1/kickstarter

Call of duty: gaming's responsibility to Kickstarter

Can the current Kickstarter boom continue and will the presence of established businesses affect our willingness to offer up our cash?​

As Kickstarter's reputation for swiftly bankrolling projects grows, it's no surprise that established games companies and industry veterans have been sitting up and taking note. As a result, the site has been gradually filling up with games pitches from old hands tapping into the crowdfunding zeitgeist for better or worse. But the famous and financially secure need to start building a sense of community and nurturing smaller projects if they don't want the funding and the good will to dry up as quickly as it arrived.​

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Will backers rebuy the games they kickstarted? Its all fun and games(to the devs) to fund a game you want to play, but the problem is that you are supposed to buy the game when it launch. We are talking about 50k-60k consumers here, so is a great deal to niche devs.

Catawampus

Learned
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Susan Wilson really needs a muzzle. She actually has the temerity to question other peoples' credibility? Had to laugh at Riggo and Evaristo making $10K pledges and then pulling them - apparently that hit a nerve.

Susan Wilson 17 minutes ago
Just to be clear, PinkieSquare.com is live and has been. Perhaps you typed it in wrong (i.e., user error). Kenzie and her brothers are working on an intro video for the game. Kenzie will be putting it out there along with a few other things for feedback so the community knows that while we haven't been commenting 24/7, we've chosen to focus on actually doing the WORK!

I don't intend on debating with any of you and I find it sad Riggo and Evaristo Ramos took pleasure in making insincere and false $10,0000 pledges that they then reneged on. And Daniel Abel has been reported as a child predator based on his pedophile/justice comment. Which begs the question, how can any of these individuals (as well as their opinions and tactics) be considered credible?

Several of you are bantering with each other like this is an open forum intended for you to hang out in all day. Sandwiches, Jacob, Corey and Dan - don't you have something productive you could be doing b/c the reality is this project is continuing and what's amazing is that it's getting bigger & better than Kenzie and I ever imagined.

If you'd like to continue your rant against me, create your own "I hate Susan" Facebook page and rant away. Make it yours and say whatever you want because just in case it's not already evident, I don't care what you think and if you have issues, I encourage you to contact Kickstarter.
You may disagree (which is your right) but you've done that and it's been noted and overruled. Move on.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Michelle Hinn just stepped into Susan's Kickstarter and laid some truth down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Hinn

I just returned to this to see what was happening and to see if Susan had finally addressed many of the legitimate questions many of us in the game industry have had and ave been debating on Facebook and at last weeks GDC. So...it seems I have no reason to increase my pledge to something substantial. What a mess. And Susan you have just totally turned me off to this...and maybe to kickstarter too. Sigh. What a disappointment.

Well, maybe with a legit woman in Video Games saying something, people will listen to the nay-sayers of this campaign.

Bt

Grimlorn

Arcane
Michelle Hinn just stepped into Susan's Kickstarter and laid some truth down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Hinn

I just returned to this to see what was happening and to see if Susan had finally addressed many of the legitimate questions many of us in the game industry have had and ave been debating on Facebook and at last weeks GDC. So...it seems I have no reason to increase my pledge to something substantial. What a mess. And Susan you have just totally turned me off to this...and maybe to kickstarter too. Sigh. What a disappointment.

Well, maybe with a legit woman in Video Games saying something, people will listen to the nay-sayers of this campaign.

Bt
I also posted that pic from Susan commenting about it being ok with women selling themselves for money and using it to get ahead. So hopefully feminists see that and realize she's really morally bankrupt when it comes to making money. She's likely a sociopath and I doubt people would want her influencing their daughters if they knew about it. I also posted evidence of Kickstarter ignoring people's concerns. Doubt anything will come of that though. But people should know Kickstarter is pretty complicit in this scam and should see the picture of the woman that is covering for Susan.

Looking at the Kickstarter, I'm starting to think Brenda Romero probably helped her out with it from the beginning. Susan obviously knows nothing about gaming, but knows all the right buzz words using STEM when most gamers don't use it. She either lied about knowing about the Anita kickstarter or she likely had some help with it. Could be someone else though.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I also posted that pic from Susan commenting about it being ok with women selling themselves for money and using it to get ahead. So hopefully feminists see that and realize she's really morally bankrupt when it comes to making money.

You do realize that some feminists see prostitution, stripping, etc. as empowering and as flaunting feminine strengths, right?

nomask7

Arcane
Enjoy giving your money to someone who's already a millionaire. :smug: This wasn't even that good of an attempt. Imagine if someone pretended to have a terminal disease and that it was their dream goal of creating a game. That should pull some heart strings and wallets.
I'm Edward Grampp, I'm 29 years old, and I have Brain Cancer. It has been my life dream to make a video game, and I need your help!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/758041862/dream-benders-help-me-make-my-game

Lulz from the FAQ:

So, you have Brain Cancer... are you even going to finish the project?

Absolutely! My Prognosis is actually really good and I expect to be Cancer free by the end of the year. [...] I refuse to let some stinking tumor the size of a pinto bean do me in! Ha ha :)

:hmmm:

Grimlorn

Arcane
I also posted that pic from Susan commenting about it being ok with women selling themselves for money and using it to get ahead. So hopefully feminists see that and realize she's really morally bankrupt when it comes to making money.

You do realize that some feminists see prostitution, stripping, etc. as empowering and as flaunting feminine strengths, right?
So what? The majority don't. And if she saw it that way she wouldn't have deleted the comment when someone found it, now would she? Most people will see a woman who thinks it's ok to sleep with men for money or to get ahead in male dominated industries as something morally and ethically wrong. If she's going to be around people's children and influencing them, they should know.

Grimlorn

Arcane
There is like a 50+ page thread about this on Neogaf where 30+ people reported it and said they wouldn't donate to Kickstarter anymore. Not sure about 4chan, Reddit, or any other sites. They ignored any questions I sent them about the project. Kickstarter doesn't care.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The Coles ought to give a HeroU update soon after last month's scare about not even having any programmers on board.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom