Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
but a deer should be instakilled only with arrows to the head, heart or throat/neck.
Did anyone killed deer by arrow into the head? Like, they jump when they hear bow. And they also tend to move theirs head FAST. That's like next to impossible to hit. And arrow deflects when it hits. I know person who killed deer from bow to the heart from 70m (or was it 50 basically it was crazy distance for bow), and he was scolded what if he missed, the deer would be running around with arrow. Which is the reason why you typically don't get hunting licence for a bow, or they are demanding to be accompanied by a person with rifle who would finish deer off.

Arrow can be deflected by foliage, sudden wind, or simply part of bow can break during shot. And then someone should finish the deer.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative: The main quest is still not fixed. "Questions and answers" is pretty fucked up and prevents advancing the main quest. So for fucks that haven't gotten to it. Don't do the quest "Pestilence " before the "Questions and answers" one. Just go the the village,talk to the prisoner,kill him and take the letter from his corpse,go and talk to your lord and finish "Questions and answers". After that do the "Pestilence" one. It is the best if you can do all this shit in a day,it is not hard. Hope that this helps you guys ;).

imweasel

Yeah, it is quite fucked up, like practically every quest late in the game.

I was still able to finish "Questions and Answers" although I did the "Pestilence" side quest first. I just had to wait a few days until the monk and the girl finally returned to Sasau.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

I was still able to finish "Questions and Answers" although I did the "Pestilence" side quest first. I just had to wait a few days until the monk and the girl finally returned to Sasau.
I might quote what I said about programming quality of this game. But, that would be beating dead horse. And considering you can't steal horse, butcher him and sell him as meat it would only show another problem of this game.

What pisses me is I knew some people who worked on this, and they are more capable than that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

How did you manage to finish the "Questions and Answers"? The asshole say that he have to show me something and goes on somewhere and the cutscene doesn't start. As for "Pestilence " you just have to wait day and talk to the guy and it is finished.

Beowulf

Arcane
Interesting. For me the guy was in the barn for the whole time, and I finished both tied quests (Q&A and Pestilence) simultaneously.
Maybe you should just kill him and take the quest item from him?

imweasel

How did you manage to finish the "Questions and Answers"? The asshole say that he have to show me something and goes on somewhere and the cutscene doesn't start.
KCD still has a nasty bug where cutscenes just won't start. It worked for me after I completely finished "pestilence" and some other quest where you have to heal refugees from Skalitz in Sasau.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My cutscene before the Runt fight never visualised, I was just seeing the subtitles on a black loading screen.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
"Hey Ivan, why hit people with mace when we can shoot mace?"
"Sergei, you are drunk."
"Just you wait, Ivan!"
Z9U1Th.png

Beowulf

Arcane
My cutscene before the Runt fight never visualised, I was just seeing the subtitles on a black loading screen.

Same here. But it loaded on a subsequent reload, when I was trying various balance mods.
The game has a tendency to switch from fullscreen to borderless during cutscenes. Next time you encounter very long loading screen, when seemingly nothing is happening with the drive, try using combinations of Alt + Enter, and Alt + Tab.
Helped me in the monastery.

On the topic of cutscenes - the devs use them in not always logical places.
For example - in the first fight with Runt, you cannot beat him, and are forced to be knocked down, no matter what - why it had to be a part of the gameplay, and not a cutscene?
On the other hand, when you beat Runt during your second fight, the game switches to a sword akshun cutscene with flurry of blows, no matter if you chopped Runt with an axe, cheesed the fight with a bow or one-shot him.
Why couldn't they leave the fight as a part of the gameplay, since you have a say on the outcome here?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How did you manage to finish the "Questions and Answers"? The asshole say that he have to show me something and goes on somewhere and the cutscene doesn't start.
KCD still has a nasty bug where cutscenes just won't start. It worked for me after I completely finished "pestilence" and some other quest where you have to heal refugees from Skalitz in Sasau.
Yeah,it is a mess, i don't want to waste 10 hours of my pointless life to replay the quests....at least while i am sober. Why devs never play their games before releasing,all this shit could be avoided if you spend a week playing the game and not looking at the code. Best way to find bugs is to play that shit.

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah,it is a mess, i don't want to waste 10 hours of my pointless life to replay the quests....at least while i am sober. Why devs never play their games before releasing,all this shit could be avoided if you spend a week playing the game and not looking at the code. Best way to find bugs is to play that shit.

I'm pretty sure they were aware of the bugs, at least those most prominent.
Christ - you have game breaking bugs in the main quest :).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I'm pretty sure they were aware of the bugs, at least those most prominent.
Christ - you have game breaking bugs in the main quest :).
Come on,it can't be that hard to fix. It must be a few triggers that are messed up,not something in the core. Having bugs is ok,having gamebreaking bugs in the main quest is retarded.

Elex

Arbiter
because they wait for patch and fix before playing the game.

make sense.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Come on,it can't be that hard to fix. It must be a few triggers that are messed up,not something in the core. Having bugs is ok,having gamebreaking bugs in the main quest is retarded.

Giving devs shit for broken MQs is fair. The quest apparently works and the cutscene starts if you go straight to Radzig, without doing anything else. But that's not good enough, obviously.

It's not that their QA monkeys don't test the game, they play it over and over and over and over again. Maybe the problem was they always just ran straight through the MQ without looking left or right, so they didn't noticed the borked script. In a huge open-world game some glitches and bugs are inevitable, unless you throw the game into an open beta and let it run for a year, but quest triggers are the bare minimum that must work.

Codex Year of the Donut

Giving devs shit for broken MQs is fair. The quest apparently works and the cutscene starts if you go straight to Radzig, without doing anything else. But that's not good enough, obviously.

It's not that their QA monkeys don't test the game, they play it over and over and over and over again. Maybe the problem was they always just ran straight through the MQ without looking left or right, so they didn't noticed the borked script. In a huge open-world game some glitches and bugs are inevitable, unless you throw the game into an open beta and let it run for a year, but quest triggers are the bare minimum that must work.
closed beta in waves would catch these kinds of bugs
players first experiencing the game would be more likely to do random stuff

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I don't know,you have to finish the pestilence quest to be able to talk with the prisoner. I managed to kill him and finish the questions and answers. I must admit,this reputation system is the worst one i have seen in my life. Knocking out some guy with eyes on his back makes the whole village to dislike me,curing them from certain death.....nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom