Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Ivan

Arcane
Jake was invisible in my playthrough lol. I only knew where to find him thanks to a walkthrough. Jank aside, I've not encountered too many quest related bugs.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The game was a buggy mess for 2 years. I feel bad for whoever played it in 2018.
I played it year after release and it was fine, already patch 1.9.2 was out by then.
Game came out Feb 2018, all major problems were solved summer 2018.

If you think a minor texture clipping once an hour is a "buggy mess" then yes, it was a buggy mess.

KeAShizuku

Educated
The game was a buggy mess for 2 years. I feel bad for whoever played it in 2018.
I played it year after release and it was fine, already patch 1.9.2 was out by then.
Game came out Feb 2018, all major problems were solved summer 2018.

If you think a minor texture clipping once an hour is a "buggy mess" then yes, it was a buggy mess.
You can read the patch notes yourself my man. IDGAF I bought KCD on a sale. I am happy for everyone funding this industry it ain't going to be me though.

Related: does early access even mean anything? So many games in EA for years and they still release unstable.

Harthwain

Magister
I played it 2 or 3 months after the release and it was fine, so I am not sure what you're talking about when you're talking about "2 years". The biggest issues were resolved within the first month or so. At least for the PC version, no idea how it was elsewhere.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I played it 2 or 3 months after the release and it was fine, so I am not sure what you're talking about when you're talking about "2 years".
Minor issues remained for a while, some still remain. Like in all big, complex, open-world RPGs.

Some people will always prefer to dine on turds in a soulless corporate High Street Michelin restaurant instead of divine meal in a slightly scuffed family-owned joint full of heart and passion.

Soulless shallow games for soulless shallow people.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I played it 2 or 3 months after the release and it was fine, so I am not sure what you're talking about when you're talking about "2 years".
Minor issues remained for a while, some still remain. Like in all big, complex, open-world RPGs.

Some people will always prefer to dine on turds in a soulless corporate High Street Michelin restaurant instead of divine meal in a slightly scuffed family-owned joint full of heart and passion.

Last open world game that I've played that was good was Fallout 2.

KCD is nothing special. A 7/10 game.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1. become a monk so you can blend in to find someone
2. familiarize yourself to monastery life, socialize, do few quests and so on
3. go to sleep
4. wake up outside monastery still drunk from last night (no idea how Henry managed to get drunk with empty inventory)
5. get back your earthly possessions and go murder your target

guess Henry denied monk's way of life

Last open world game that I've played that was good was Fallout 2.

KCD is nothing special. A 7/10 game.

This is the last genre standing in the entire galaxy of video games in which a game set in the zombie post-apocalypse or in anything World War II would be seen as a radical move, like: "How did they come up with all of this?! THIS IS NUTS!" Gotta wonder how people never get sick of elven boobies, dwarves and Pip-Boys, whilst we're at it.

So KCD qualifies as being quite special by the pick in scenario already. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom