Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
At least tell me this shit is better than Elex.

Both games are VERY different kind of eurojank. I'd say KCD is infinitely better written and more complex but I guess its world lacks...colourfulness? Everything is much more mature and serious.

I love LARPing in realistic forests and towns but I also like to jump around with my jetpack blasting gigantic ogres with a laser rifle. It's like a difference between going for a hike in the mountains and going to a Disneyland while stoned. Very different kinds of fun.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Just encountered the first bug.
Which lead to an unintentionally close encounter with Vashek
MQs5fiR.jpg

PLJFYuM.jpg
minorityreporthed.jpg

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Smejki I've come across bug where NPCs becomes stuck on one place and you can't interact with them. Barmaid in Uzhitz who's involved in that quest with the priest. Do you know any console command to fix them?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sort of.

you do need to get into the room upstairs blocked by the Hard locked door & open one of the chests - but I think it was a Hard lock. In any case, my solution was to pickpocket the bailiff's key. If your stealth (& lockpick) is high enough, in my case through a potion, you can silently pick the door while they all sleep, and then pickpocketing is much easier. I suppose you could just pickpocket the bailiff during the day if you're confident.

I took his key and went upstairs though and the only chest that could be opened with the key doesn't have the papers in it

Shadenuat

Arcane
A mainstream, casual, dorrito journo HATES the story, writing, dialogues, characters
The narrative of KCD is medieval routine.

Just like modern real life is routine, medieval times were not any more exciting sword & sorcery for many people. Even what happens with main character, i.e. enemies burned meh village and I traveled under protection of another lord, is routine actually. He was one of many from that place who did.

The most exciting things during times were hunting, playing dice, drinking, or when a bard would visit local area. These are things that often fall under category of minor quests or activities in KCD.

But you also get quests like deal with some sort of ghost, track bandits (still routine though), or deal with tough life of lonely medieval executioner - your new best friend!

If you don't like well written, yet still - medieval routine, you will probably "not get it". Strip Witcher of magic and it suddenly loses huge part of its most attractive narrative. You have to immerse yourself somewhat and yes, maybe LARP a little, to fall in love with KCD.

However, unlike hurr durr Skyrim, KCD actually uses its mechanics to make you want to LARP. Hunting game is useful, it improves your skills and brings you money and reputation (sometimes a bad one, if you're a poacher and even get into sword fight with local ranger). Reading books is important. It requires special quest to even do, and then you can use it to improve skills, read alchemy recipes and gain useful perks. Even washing your face gives you that extra charisma boost to pass that check to solve a quest. In Skyrim people undressed because they were larping it wouldn't make sense to run in armor all the time. In KCD I store my armor & weapons on a horse, and dress in it only before combat because it's fucking heavy, gets dirty, expensive to repair and I rattle like a can of bolts when I try to sneak around.

I like it. It's like Mount & Blade with a more rpg world & story.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Sort of.

you do need to get into the room upstairs blocked by the Hard locked door & open one of the chests - but I think it was a Hard lock. In any case, my solution was to pickpocket the bailiff's key. If your stealth (& lockpick) is high enough, in my case through a potion, you can silently pick the door while they all sleep, and then pickpocketing is much easier. I suppose you could just pickpocket the bailiff during the day if you're confident.

I took his key and went upstairs though and the only chest that could be opened with the key doesn't have the papers in it

Sorry, my memory failed. The paper is actually in

no chest at all, but in the open, a table in the northwest corner relative to you walking in the door. It is a Land Deed.

Drax

Arcane
Aaargghh I see the game on me steam list but I want to wait for moar patches but I want to play but I want to wait aaaaarrgghh!!!

PS. We really need a separate "technical troubleshooting" thread, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR PC's specs you asses. :lol:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Btw, you're active at Resetera right? What's the general vibe about the game over there? Still a lot of talk about Pepe being literally Hitler or are people discussing mainly the game? And do they like it? Can't be arsed to go through all the stupid comments over there.

I actually put everyone who displays excessive idiocy (symptom - calling Vávra nazi etc) on ignore list so I don't feel tempted to waste my time with them. So far around 30 people are on it (which is actually less then I expected). The OT there is great, lots of good talk, most people like the game, dislike the bugs, but usually are able to appreciate what it tries to do.

Vavra talked about bugs yesterday. They weren't aware of most bugs people are encountering and posting on Youtube. Apparently there's only so much your 10 people strong QA department can do. Vavra said the Ubisoft QA is bigger than the entire Warhorse.

So they thought they're pushing out a product that's mostly smooth but when hundreds of thousands of people started playing all sort of glitches started popping up.

Anyway I'm never bothered with how a game looks like on release, especially if it's an RPG. I don't remember the last time I played this sort of game right after the launch. I played Elex a bit, loved it but temporarily shelved it and I'm STILL waiting for the second patch. Due to my autism my first playthrough always has to be perfect.

I am the same, waited for Elex patches for months, only started playing it week before KCD launch because I was sick at home and had nothing else to do, otherwise I wanted to wait longer. But I gotta say the game is pretty great and in 24 hours I had no significant bugs or any issues really. PB still got it.

With KCD I am also in waiting mode, but it is hard as fuck, I want to play it.

But then knowing they will relase lot of updates and new content...I would like to play the "abandoned" version, dammit.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
And unwinnable speech checks are stupid too.

Then again the bois at Warhorse evidently thought long and hard about every single tidbit of their game, maybe they did have their reasons.

Of course. Think of the chain of events that unfold based on the pretext of the sword being stolen. It is the pivot for everything after.

jungl

Augur
women cooking cleaning, household chroes, manual labor. It really is amazing this game takes place in the far future right?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you guys know if there’s any way to make a stolen horse my official horse? I just nabbed one from bandits but don’t know how to swap the new guy in for Pebbles. Maybe it’s not doable. Taking him to Neuhof to see if a stable can help.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
how do I heal injuries? Like leg one for example.

How do I perform thievery tasks without being seen? For example getting at night into room with someone sleeping in, I always get cought while lockpicking chest.
Same with pickpocket. Am I supposed to grind on miller to lvl 4 or so to be able to perform this act correctly?

I have 3 sneak right now

Take off autorun, get low vis and noise clothing at least.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why are there so many snooze inducing side quests ? Every single one consists in a peasant sending me in the middle of the fucking woods, asking me to find a needle in a haystack and play detective Columbo for half an hour. I would understand if they were a little more action oriented, at least it will keep me entertained for a while, but most of them are basic fetch quests that consists in investigating something, find some plants, find a horse, bring me this, bring me that. There's a war going on, dangerous degenerates are roaming the lands and all you can give me is constant peasantry boring me to tears with their boring problems.

The main problem is that you can't find enemies 90% of time if you roam the map without the activities activated and most of these activities given to you by the bailifs consist in a bunch of dumb ruffians placed in the same dumb camp again and again, there's not a single decent action oriented quest with a well designed encounter and that's my biggest gripe with this game.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Another PSA.

-heapsize does nothing (AwesomeButton). it's a command for the source engine for half life 2.

If you want to increase the potential maximum amount of memory the game can access, you need to specify sys_budget_sysmem in megabytes. A good way to budget this is to open all the programs you would normally have open while playing KCD, open task manager and look at the % of ram used/available, then conservatively set the sysmem budget to the amount of free ram your system has. as per normal, put the command in your user.cfg file. Something I found out very recently is that some commands in user.cfg don't load unless you specifically invoke "exec user.cfg" from the console, such as BIND and setting your available VRAM. Thankfully you can automate that adding +exec user.cfg to the KCD launch options in steam, or the shortcut target link.

disclaimer, this also may do nothing other than provide book keeping for memory budgets during debugging, but it may help out. there's some other objectively useful commands here: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/27/?tab=description&BH=0

This is mainly for those of you with texture streaming issues or beefier rigs. Watch out for the mips -3 setting though, it causes slowdowns for some people.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why are there so many snooze inducing side quests ? Every single one consists in a peasant sending me in the middle of the fucking woods, asking me to find a needle in a haystack and play detective Columbo for half an hour. I would understand if they were a little more action oriented, at least it will keep me entertained for a while, but most of them are basic fetch quests that consists in investigating something, find some plants, find a horse, bring me this, bring me that. There's a war going on, dangerous degenerates are roaming the lands and all you can give me is constant peasantry boring me to tears with their boring problems.

The main problem is that you can't find enemies 90% of time if you roam the map without the activities activated and most of these activities given to you by the bailifs consist in a bunch of dumb ruffians placed in the same dumb camp again and again, there's not a single decent action oriented quest with a well designed encounter and that's my biggest gripe with this game.

The side quests aren't really like that. What you are describing are 'activities' the actual side quests have story scenes and more involved quests.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Hans would say that you are talking like a noble instead of the pig fucking peasant that you are...

Doktor Best

Arcane
Do you guys know if there’s any way to make a stolen horse my official horse? I just nabbed one from bandits but don’t know how to swap the new guy in for Pebbles. Maybe it’s not doable. Taking him to Neuhof to see if a stable can help.

Playing GTA taught us to repaint it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom