Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Paul_cz

Arcane
Warhorse is in full creative control of the project. There is no creative influence from the outside. And I observed exactly zero instances of some pre-emptive self-regulation in fear of our German/Scandinavian overlords.

Very glad to read this.

So, since you can only announce where you went after you physically get there, I assume it is abroad. Let's place some bets.

I expect it to be either Belgium (Larian), US (Obsidian), or Poland (CDP or Techland).

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm glad that my mission to make Smejki tell us all juicy insider info was successful. Weaponized butthurt is Nuclear Bomb 2.0. I might try same tactic on American and Ukranian officials on Twitter, sell info to Russian Ministry of Defense, buy myself new high end gaming computer:smug:

Also: I'm really glad to hear that things are looking good behind the scenes @WarHorse. Good luck to Smejki in his next endeavour. Hope itz something you really believe in and are passionate about
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham's_Law

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
lolz. How Wall thinks this works
1659303530860.png
1659304886649.png

How it actually works:
Once a year you receive an interactive questionnaire with questions like
Taking bribes is:
a) good
b) good if it's a boxed alcohol from the Carribean
c) bad

You notice a criminal activity within the company. What do you do?
a) ask the suspect to stop
b) report it
c) pretend you haven't seen anything

Stealing assets from other companies is:
a) necessary
b) good
c) bad

Paul_cz

Arcane
Wall was right though(did I just type that out?)
this is from Embracer Group's 2021 financial report, which owns Koch which owns Warhorse Studios
Paper can handle a lot. In practice it is exactly as Smejki described. Same in the corporation I work in.
Of course, czechs in general don't give a fuck about this stuff.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I'm glad that my mission to make Smejki tell us all juicy insider info was successful. Weaponized butthurt is Nuclear Bomb 2.0. I might try same tactic on American and Ukranian officials on Twitter, sell info to Russian Ministry of Defense, buy myself new high end gaming computer:smug:

Also: I'm really glad to hear that things are looking good behind the scenes @WarHorse. Good luck to Smejki in his next endeavour. Hope itz something you really believe in and are passionate about
Oh yeah, you made yourself look like a twat and in returned I repeated what was already known. What a deal.

But I must say that some reactions prompted me to dispel some doubts which boil down to 2 questions:
Was I fired? No.
Am I jumping a sinking ship? No.

this is from Embracer Group's 2021 financial report, which owns Koch which owns Warhorse Studios.
BRIhiwN.jpeg
I don't see anything wrong there.

The diversity stuff basically means "don't be a KKK-level nutjob" or "Don't reject applicants based on their race, religion, irrelevant disability, or sexual orientation etc". We've always been inclusive in this regard, we only care about merit and a person ability to not act like an abrasive twat, so nothing fucking changed here. There have always been Indonesians, Iranians, Kazakhs, Uruguayans, muricans, mixed race Czechs etc. I'm pretty sure somebody is gay or bi, nobody cares.

Green stuff is, well.... I guess this mainly applies to physical production and distribution, so not us. And I think that's good (at least in theory, in practice there's a question whether carbon footprint offsets actually do anything). We run a bunch of computers and keep the office space liveable. There isn't much CO2 reduction we could do, so we sort waste and turn off the ligths when everybody's gone, and that's like all we can do directly. Barely anybody drives to work, majority of people use bikes or public transit. But that's all personal choice, nobody is incentivizing us. Welcome to the reality a major European city.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh yeah, you made yourself look like a twat and in returned I repeated what was already known. What a deal.

But I must say that some reactions prompted me to dispel some doubts which boil down to 2 questions:
Was I fired? No.
Am I jumping a sinking ship? No.

this is from Embracer Group's 2021 financial report, which owns Koch which owns Warhorse Studios.
BRIhiwN.jpeg
I don't see anything wrong there.

The diversity stuff basically means "don't be a KKK-level nutjob" or "Don't reject applicants based on their race, religion, irrelevant disability, or sexual orientation etc". We've always been inclusive in this regard, we only care about merit and a person ability to not act like an abrasive twat, so nothing fucking changed here. There have always been Indonesians, Iranians, Kazakhs, Uruguayans, muricans, mixed race Czechs etc. I'm pretty sure somebody is gay or bi, nobody cares.

Green stuff is, well.... I guess this mainly applies to physical production and distribution, so not us. And I think that's good (at least in theory, in practice there's a question whether carbon footprint offsets actually do anything). We run a bunch of computers and keep the office space liveable. There isn't much CO2 reduction we could do, so we sort waste and turn off the ligths when everybody's gone, and that's like all we can do directly. Barely anybody drives to work, majority of people use bikes or public transit. But that's all personal choice, nobody is incentivizing us. Welcome to the reality a major European city.
I wonder if it varies from industry to industry and country to country because what I have been hearing hereabouts from my peers goes deeper than this.

V17

Educated
I wonder if it varies from industry to industry and country to country because what I have been hearing hereabouts from my peers goes deeper than this.
There is 100% a division between east and west at least. We're more resistant to bullshit like this and often even cynical because it reminds us of thought policing that took place during communism, the west tends to be dumber in this regard because they don't have that experience.

Codex Year of the Donut
There is 100% a division between east and west at least. We're more resistant to bullshit like this and often even cynical because it reminds us of thought policing that took place during communism, the west tends to be dumber in this regard because they don't have that experience.
*looks at CDPR*
lmao

V17

Educated
*looks at CDPR*
lmao
You got me there. In general in society this trend is still pretty obvious, but exceptions exist and of course some company cultures get westernized, it's just considerably less prevalent.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
In general in society this trend is still pretty obvious, but exceptions exist and of course some company cultures get westernized, it's just considerably less prevalent.
Is it less prevalent? How so?

MuffinBun

Educated
I sincerely do think that the current WH project is well-managed and the team spirit is high (but not like fake American pretend-high). More importantly WH work environment is lightyears away from being as toxic as in other notorious studios. My teammates and and our work culture were one of the major reasons why I was reluctant to take the other offer and my biggest fear why things won't work out for me personally.
that is really great to hear

The diversity stuff basically means [...] "Don't reject applicants based on their race, religion, irrelevant disability, or sexual orientation etc".
And not "accept applicants based on their race, gender, or sexual orientation"? I stand corrected then.

diversity initiatives, by their very definition, mean that you reject applicants based on their race, religion, (lack of) disability, or sexual orientation. Otherwise, how do you achieve this supposed diversity? If you were hiring applicants on a case by case basis previously, and you've decided you're not "diverse" enough, then you have to change something to achieve greater diversity. That means hiring people who are "diverse" from your existing employee pool, a.k.a. weighting applicants based on race/gender/sexual orientation.

Not being an old school racist isn't the same as these diversity initiatives. Obviously if you were turning away talented black gay tranny coders that were as good or better than your current coders then you don't know how to run a business.

I mean, come on, let's not play fucking dumb here. Diversity means you look for some black people, some guys with turbans, some women with headscarves, some dangerhairs, and some assorted other weirdos, and you hire them. Then you cross your fingers and hope they actually know how to do the job 25% as well as the people you didn't hire for racist/sexist/woke reasons. Also you hope the people who just trojan horse'd your ass don't turn around and sue you for not immediately promoting them.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I mean, come on, let's not play fucking dumb here. Diversity means you look for some black people, some guys with turbans, some women with headscarves, some dangerhairs, and some assorted other weirdos, and you hire them. Then you cross your fingers and hope they actually know how to do the job 25% as well as the people you didn't hire for racist/sexist/woke reasons. Also you hope the people who just trojan horse'd your ass don't turn around and sue you for not immediately promoting them.
Maybe in US. Not here. In my experience with hiring (in our branch of large 10K+ corp) skill/talent/personality/experience matters, everything else is irrelevant.

Last edited:

V17

Educated
yeah smejki is woke, warhorse is woke now, vavra has gone woke. can't wait to hear about the KCD-branded dilation set.
I'm unable to parse whether you're joking or not, but if you're unironically saying that Vávra has gone woke, you must be clinically retarded and perhaps it will make you feel better to hear that is not at all the case. If it's a joke, then sorry and go on.

Is it less prevalent? How so?
Things like that are hard to quantify, but woke shit really has no tradition here, woke political parties usually get <3% in elections, academia is way less political than in the west and like I said, it reminds people of commies. It is purely a western cultural import. So unless you have a company made of dumb zoomers who eat that shit up from social media, you have to wrangle people into the ideology and even teach them what it is. Most people now know that something like western lefties exists, but they rarely know the details of the ideology, so it's often a combination of part denial, part ignorance (plus our innate cynicism).

As a result creating a woke company on the level that is relatively common in the west is a ton of work that doesn't make you money. So it doesn't happen often.

This is purely anecdotal and I don't have enough experience in this regard to speak with authority, but that's how it seems to me.

Maybe in US. Not here. In my experience with hiring (in our branch of large 10K+ corp) skill/talent/personality/experience matters, everything else is irrelevant.
So are you saying the diversity and inclusion crap is just given lip service and mainly ignored? Then why downplay it as "The diversity stuff basically means "don't be a KKK-level nutjob" or "Don't reject applicants based on their race, religion, irrelevant disability, or sexual orientation etc".

That's not what diversity and inclusion means. Otherwise it would be called a "keep doing what you're already doing" initiative. If smejki said "Yeah it's a big corp and we gotta pretend to go along with that stuff" it'd be one thing, but he does the classic woke bullshit and pretends this new huge push isn't a thing at all.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Don't reject applicants based on their race, religion, irrelevant disability, or sexual orientation etc
ALL major publishing houses in America refuse to even read, my Czech nigga, first novels by young white authors. How many Hemingway's we lost? Wake up from 2013, we're in 2022. And things are only getting worse

I did have suspecion that you're typical Czech redditor tear fake edgy millenial, who gets "informed" by local CNN and looks down on peasants whose gf DOESN'T blow ederly German dicks on LIDL shopping mall's parking lot

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
One more thing dear Smejki, if everything is rainbows coming from unicorn's asses at Warhorse, why did you not wait until end of KCD2 development? Why did you leave your game dev comrades in mid development if project is both creatively and financily fullfiling? If better pay was major reason, that's quite a mercenary attitude from you. Not that I expect better

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Things like that are hard to quantify, but woke shit really has no tradition here,
We're at maximum 5 years behind West in insanity. Slavic urban centres are full of Californian 2014 minded Slavs. And we're catching up (more and more Slavic studios, especially Polish, push SJW themes in their games). Everything else is cope. Russian, Serbian, Czech etc zoomer is AMERICAN in mind. Our millenials are less retarded but Slavic urban intelligentzia millenials have HUUUUGE BONER for Western cultural zeitgeist. The more western you are, the more high in social pyramid. Vavra himself is American from 80s America (which was based period)

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
TLDR: Anyone, anyone, anyone who thinks for a sec that Eastern Europe is somehow immune to WOKE insanity is high on copium. Also: when Somalian doctors won't have place anywhere else to sleep in Paris, London and Berlin, they'll find warmth in Smejki's wife's bed in Prag

Codex Year of the Donut
smejki shares typical sjw crap on social media, why are you guys surprised he'd defend this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom