Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
He's shitting on CDProjekt Red? Fuck... Guess it's time to stock up on ammo, a war between Poland and Czechia is inevitable.
More directed towards Ubisoft than anyone else.
I recall Varva singing Cyberpunk's praises during its launch period, likely due to the numerous parallels between it and Mafia 2.
what they are talking about is just as egregious in cyberpunk as in ubisoft gaymes if not more so(open world content in CP77 was literally afterthought content: when they realized world was empty af they tasked W3 GD Konrad T. with a team to fill it)
vavra could sing praises of cyberpunk for variety of reasons, doubt its filler content cluttering the whole map from the get go is one of them
Or maybe he was just being nice.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
vavra could sing praises of cyberpunk for variety of reasons, doubt its filler content cluttering the whole map from the get go is one of them
IIRC he said he only coasted through the main story and was impressed.

He's also a huge Potatophile, he tweeted something about a special surprise for Potatos in KCD2 (one of the rumours says it's a major Polish NPC).

ferratilis

Magister
Consoles strike again.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-2-scope-impacted-xbox-series-s-4k-30-fps/

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2’s Scope Was Impacted by Xbox Series S Limitations; Will Run at 4K@30 FPS on PS5/XSX​

Francesco De Meo•Jun 1, 2024 06:36 AM EDT
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2's scope was impacted by the Xbox Series S hardware limitations, as developers could only make a game that was 25% bigger than its predecessor.
As reported on the Czech website Zing.cz, during the ongoing Game Access event in Brno, Czech Republic, producer Martin Klíma confirmed that the Xbox Series S technical limitations, namely the 10 GB of RAM, have impacted Kingdom Come Deliverance 2's scope. As the weakest current generation console has only 25% more RAM, Warhorse Studios decided to make the game only 25% bigger than its predecessor. This isn't the first time we have heard how Microsoft's console impacted the development of multiplatform games, but it is still disappointing.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
That doesn't make sense: if it was impacted by Series S limitations, it should run at 30fps on Series S, and easily 60 on PS5 and Series X. Unless of course KCD2's scope is beyond PS5's and Series X's capabilities as well. But that's not what they're saying.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have no idea what "the game is only 25% bigger" means. The game is more than twice as large in terms of area and content, they made that crystal clear.

What they probably mean is the game can only stream 25% more data at any given time. Which is still bad but considering it's the same engine and for the most part the same game, meh, not that dramatic.

Harthwain

Magister
I have no idea what "the game is only 25% bigger" means.
Hard drive size? If what you said about the size of the area/content is true, then having 25% increase in space needed to install the game is an impressive feat.

I still can't even get 60 FPS with lots of NPCs around in the first game, so forgive me if I don't view this as a tragedy. Even if KCD II somehow ends up running the same as the first game it will still run like shit for me lol.

ferratilis

Magister
What they probably mean is the game can only stream 25% more data at any given time.
This is probably it. Series S is limited in memory, and many developers have complained about it in the past. I'm guessing they'll have to reduce some detail in cities, maybe the number of active NPCs and such. I don't think it will impact the quality of the game on PC, but is still something to keep in mind.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Consoles strike again.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-2-scope-impacted-xbox-series-s-4k-30-fps/

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2’s Scope Was Impacted by Xbox Series S Limitations; Will Run at 4K@30 FPS on PS5/XSX​

Francesco De Meo•Jun 1, 2024 06:36 AM EDT
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
Kingdom Come Deliverance 2's scope was impacted by the Xbox Series S hardware limitations, as developers could only make a game that was 25% bigger than its predecessor.
As reported on the Czech website Zing.cz, during the ongoing Game Access event in Brno, Czech Republic, producer Martin Klíma confirmed that the Xbox Series S technical limitations, namely the 10 GB of RAM, have impacted Kingdom Come Deliverance 2's scope. As the weakest current generation console has only 25% more RAM, Warhorse Studios decided to make the game only 25% bigger than its predecessor. This isn't the first time we have heard how Microsoft's console impacted the development of multiplatform games, but it is still disappointing.
Consoles gotta ruin everything for everyone...

Yeah stupid consoles forcing developers to optimize shit. Everybody knows that higher system requirements and larger maps make games inherently better.

Yes, KCD II will be just like Invisible War, if first game is anything to go by. Damn consoles. They had so much quality content but map was just not large enough to accommodate it. Everything outside the main quest was so high quality and not boring at all. Damn, we need at least 10 times larger map.

Last edited:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
KCD's map wasn't exactly small and now we're getting two of them this time.
I just hope crapboxes can handle cutscenes in real-time now so they don't have you wearing completely different armor in cutscenes during the final stretch of the game.

Paul_cz

Arcane
That doesn't make sense: if it was impacted by Series S limitations, it should run at 30fps on Series S, and easily 60 on PS5 and Series X. Unless of course KCD2's scope is beyond PS5's and Series X's capabilities as well. But that's not what they're saying.
KCD has always been (and KCD2 is) limited by CPU power due to its simulation of NPCs (daily schedules, persistence, inventories etc).
Series S and X and PS5 have basically all the same CPU. And that CPU is likely incapable of reaching stable 60fps, hence 30fps lock.
I would not be surprised if they added 40fps mode for owners of 120hz TVs.

On PC though, I am pretty sure 5800X3D will get 60fps 99% of the time.

V17

Educated
Yeah stupid consoles forcing developers to optimize shit. Everybody knows that higher system requirements and larger maps make games inherently better.
Exactly, Xbox didn't hinder Deus Ex: Invisible War
Xbox had utterly retarded specs and starting the multiplatform trend with such a useless piece of hardware was a tragedy, but even some of the games that were actually worth playing could have been fixed on PCs but weren't because of dev's laziness, like Thief 3 and its split levels that were later joined back with a community patch.

And more importantly, that was the last generation where this happened to a significant degree. I almost forgive the PS3/X360 era their continued retardization of the PC market because I thoroughly enjoyed that for the first time I could keep the same PC for most of their long lifetime and still play all the relevant games. If anything, todays consoles mildly limiting the hardware requirements of new multiplatform games is the one good thing that they do.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Peek behind the cold curtains of the KCD II Game Reveal in our Making Of video, directed by our talented Cinematic Designer, Filip Neřold and narrated by our marketing dorks, Tobi Stolz-Zwilling and Vítek Mičke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom