Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is this the part where we pretend this was in any way surprising and act way more mad about it than we actually are?
i'm-highly-offended-pam.gif

ADL

Prophet
As long as they eventually remove it, I'm fine with it. It's when they never remove it that it's a problem.
In Vavra I trust.
warhorse-studios-the-developers-of-kingdom-come-deliverance-v0-v122wo10navc1.jpeg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Disappointing, but it would be unfair to blame Warhorse for it, publishers didn't ask them a god damn thing. CDPR is their own publisher so they can do as they please.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, Vavra is too much of a stubborn dick to not remove it as soon as he is able.
Vavra is just an employee now, I assume these kind of decisions are made on the owner level.

But I'm sure he'll be doing interviews and fan meets soon and someone's bound to ask him about this. I'll be interested in what he has to say.

PlayerEmers

Educated
I will not buy till they decide to remove it.

and probably will only play the game when denuvo is officially removed because there is no good denuvo crackers anymore (EMPRESS is too schizophrenic and unreliable) :negative:

Gargaune

Arcane

Hello? Oh hey, Henry, what's up? You're calling to check if you can still come see me February 11th? Ah, man, this is really embarrassing but I just remembered I'm gonna be outta town that day... Yeah, real sorry, totally my bad. Sure we can reschedule... Oh, when? Uhmm, you know, let me get back to you on that. Cool, you have a good one too, buddy!

Beowulf

Arcane
Huh. Well, at least I might finally find some time to replay the first game, with the DLC's and all the patches this time.

Supermedo

Augur
What did you expect, Warhorse isn't an indie dev anymore, and giant corporaishuns gonna giant corporaishun.

Plus Denuvo isn't being cracked anymore, ofc your Embracers and EAs and Ubisofts are gonna abuse that.
The good thing is Denuvo now run on subscription model, so I think it is going to be removed, if Japanese companies known for their stringent DRM policies like Capcom and Square Enix started removing Denuvo from their old games then I'm sure KCD2 gonna be the same.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Japanese companies known for their stringent DRM policies like Capcom and Square Enix started removing Denuvo from their old games then I'm sure KCD2 gonna be the same.
Yea I think it's a standard now - you pay for Denuvo for a few months, a year maybe, then get rid of it.

Lies of P scrapped it within the first 6 months AFAIk.

DKunit

Literate
Denuvo used to be a one-time fee to use forever, so, oddly enough, them getting greedy and switching to a subscription model works in our favor.

Ryzer

Arcane
Denuvo used to be a one-time fee to use forever, so, oddly enough, them getting greedy and switching to a subscription model works in our favor.
I mean, it's logical in terms of revenue since most of the sales happens during the first months of release.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bears wouldn't be found so close to farmland, and neither would wolves for the most part, but it would be interesting to have a few more dangerous critters roaming about the wildlife.

Of course, if the game were to be realistic, even in a full suite of armor getting charged by a bear would likely result in certain death so maybe not a good idea. Wolves by contrast could work.

Gargaune

Arcane
Of course, if the game were to be realistic, even in a full suite of armor getting charged by a bear would likely result in certain death so maybe not a good idea.
How would a bear pose a threat of certain death in a full harness of 15th century plate? I get that blunt force is an issue and I imagine a bloke would come out worse for wear, but the odds of getting rent or bit to bleed out are dramatically reduced. Even today, people survive maulings if the bear gets bored before it punctures something vital.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bears wouldn't be found so close to farmland
What?

Wild animals are generally shy and rarely venture where humans are. I live next to a national park that has quite a few bears in it, but they almost never venture where people are. Europe isn't like 'Murrica where Grizzly bears show up at your doorstep because you decided to build your house right in the woods.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Of course, if the game were to be realistic, even in a full suite of armor getting charged by a bear would likely result in certain death so maybe not a good idea.
How would a bear pose a threat of certain death in a full harness of 15th century plate? I get that blunt force is an issue and I imagine a bloke would come out worse for wear, but the odds of getting rent or bit to bleed out are dramatically reduced. Even today, people survive maulings if the bear gets bored before it punctures something vital.

I guess it depends on the bear, but even if you posit the player can survive a bear attack if they try to make the encounters at all realistic it would have to be too much of an ordeal to make bears regular critters you can meet or go after. Best way would probably to go all the way with the historical accuracy, by alllowing the player to trap the bears or use specialized weapons like the bear spear.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom