Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kris

Arcane
If they have an investor who only needs a demonstration of interest, why cut the game into three acts?

Coudl be time issue too. Make all Three acts at the same time could delay the game by 2+ years. Making just one first will be a good first step, especially if the act is the 30 hours talked about.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So the game is apparently taking place in Bohemia in 1403 during the time the king was imprisoned by his brother in Vienna and the land was ravaged by Hungarian army with location based on real Czech cities. There are even links to Vávra asking for info on that period on historical buff forums (there is not much info, so hooray for artistic freedom).

dunno lah

Arcane
The melee combat looks really good but I have no idea how it'd supposedly work. There seems to be button prompts a-la QTE when fighting but I really hope that's not a primary mechanic of the combat system. Someone smarter than me please speculate how combat'll work...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'd wager two analogue sticks (or the Steam Controller nipple-massager) will be advantageous to this kind of sword-swinging game. I know, blasphemous stuff to say, but UI free games always play more natural with controller while UI heavy games are still supreme with M/KB.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The melee combat looks really good but I have no idea how it'd supposedly work. There seems to be button prompts a-la QTE when fighting but I really hope that's not a primary mechanic of the combat system. Someone smarter than me please speculate how combat'll work...

Those are visual cues for blocks and interrupts.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

We don't have much info, probably block/parry/riposte will be QTEish or at least require a bit timing something like Dark Souls parrying maybe?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not going to pledge. There are too many things and doubts rubbing me the wrong way with this to take a leap of faith with my credit card. I do wish Dan luck with the project, though - he seems to be on a relatively good run with almost 1\10th already gathered. I'll probably buy it on release or sometime thereabouts if it seems good enough.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Massive guesswork here, but maybe: stick controls sword position, buttons initiate attack pattern. You have to bring the sword to a favourable attack/defence position relative to enemy stance, then time your attack/block/riposte accordingly.

Stompa

Arcane
Sabers as a separate weapon class, but no mention of spears or polearms seems kinda weird.

Disgruntled

Savant
Damn, this sounds like the *closest* attempt at my dream game. Mount and Blade + Morrowind with a touch of total war.
However im not burning with anticipation until I see the depth first hand. The trailer is stunning but fancy battles dont tell the whole story.

I want something worth obsessing over, a cool 20 hour romp wont satiate the dream. Dont want to come in expecting something grand only to get a quasi-rpg fps spruced up with a few extra features.

Obviously it states the game will be much bigger than that.. but i cant quite believe it until I see it.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
My speculation: Mount & Blade-esque, just not totally free-swing. I think you can aim at different body parts and attack which will trigger different attacks based on what you're aiming for. Combos will be made possible by aiming for different regions and clicking multiple times. I can see this being really engaging, but it could also be absolutely boring and too easy.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Any words about modding, or not yet? :P I won't bother about this shit if it wouldn't be moddable.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Any words about modding, or not yet? :P I won't bother about this shit if it wouldn't be moddable.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't moddable. But who knows. A powerful toolset would be absolutely fantastic, especially if you could also customize banners, colours and stuff. Looking forward to a mod with Swiss mercenaries.

SmartCheetah

Arcane

I'd be surprised if it wasn't moddable. But who knows. A powerful toolset would be absolutely fantastic, especially if you could also customize banners, colours and stuff. Looking forward to a mod with Swiss mercenaries.

Exactly. Or you could actually make a fine "total conversion" mod with such tools, starting from "kinda" realistic setting and not being forced to magic/dragons or other stupid and hardcoded mechanics.

Dermi

Novice
Yeah, exactly. €18 for a game is almost nothing.
In this case you pay €18 for 1/3 of game, not the full product. Unless they give backers some significant discounts for subsequent acts, it'll be around €60 for the whole game. No that cheap, eh?

valcik

Arcane

WhiteGuts

Arcane
In this case you pay €18 for 1/3 of game, not the full product. Unless they give backers some significant discounts for subsequent acts, it'll be around €60 for the whole game. No that cheap, eh?

Not really. They say that Act I will be a stand-alone game with its own story and mechanics and 30+ hours of gameplay. Act II and III will be more like expansions packs.

kris

Arcane

Not really. They say that Act I will be a stand-alone game with its own story and mechanics and 30+ hours of gameplay. Act II and III will be more like expansions packs.

Well, these things walk on a thin line. We get so many games for the same prices with different quality, lenght and production values. and prices so many times not really correlating to those things.

Like Mr.Guts said, don't get stuck up on wording for it being acts. See what is in the acts and whether you think that contributes to a "full game" or not.

7/10

Learned
It's €18 for a game that will ship in late 2015 (half of you fags will be dead by then) and might very well suck ass, not to mention its gonna be 50% off a couple months after release.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not set during the Hussite Wars?

Vavra, I am disappoint.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom